Don't Read FanFiction in Class

50 Infinite FanFiction Challenge!

Don't Read FanFiction in Class 

By spartace_jjang


Howon is the best student in class; Woohyun is not. Howon is good at every single sports activity you can think of; Woohyun is not. Howon has many suiters; Woohyun does not. In one sentence-- Howon and woohyun are completely different. Howon is Zeus while Woo Hyun is a puny little mortal that no one would ever notice. As simple as that.
  Till one day, Zeus decides to take notice of that mortal. And this marks the beginning of their story…

 

  'Nam woo hyun? Answer my question please.' the teacher's voice bombarded into Woohyun's brain, wakening him from his fantasy. He groaned slightly and rubbed his forehead tiredly, unaware of the teacher's scolding. 'I said,' the teacher angrily shouted,

'Answer my question! Stop dreaming!' 
  'Uh? What?'
  'What what? All right, Mr. Nam, tell me what were you doing just now.'
  'I...I was ...'
  'Where's your phone?'
  'I...it is...'
  'Don’t play your phone under your drawer please. Hand it out now.'
  Woo hyun sighed in defeat as he wailed forward to hand in his phone. 'Never play with your phone in class, all right?' The teacher sent him the last warning and motioned him to go back to his seat. 'Now take our your test book and turn it to page 112. Can anyone answer me question 13? Yes, thank you.’

  ‘Hey, man. What did you do to piss the teacher off?’ Smiling obnoxiously, Howon flopped down onto the seat in front of Woo Hyun, his face wreathed in between the line of sarcasm and amusement. It was recess time now; a bunch of classmates had swarmed out of the classroom right after the class, leaving only a few boys in the classroom and Woo Hyun sulking on his desk while mourning for his phone.

  ‘Don’t even start it,’ Woo Hyun mumbled as he sank his head lower into the crook of his arms. Howon smiled against his reactions. ‘What were you actually doing on your phone?’ He pushed the older’s arm playfully. ‘C’mon. Tell me.’

   Woo Hyun sometimes just don’t understand why he had befriended with Howon. They are completely different. Like a coin with two sides. Woo Hyun himself is introvert and in-going, almost all of his friends are the ones he made on the internet. He is not good academically. Neither in sports. His only strength (his one and only) is his look. He can quite win some girls with his heart-throwings and stuff, but only a few. Howon, on the other hand, is like Zeus. Good at basically everything. He has the look, the wealth, and the personality. He is easy-going and funny, yet serious at suitable times. He is good at his studies and athletics. He wins way more girls than Woo Hyun, obviously, with his talents and everything. Woo Hyun feels so much more insignificant standing next to Howon.

  ‘Woo Hyun?’ Howon’s voice snapped him back to reality. ‘What were you doing on your phone?’

  ‘Reading fanfiction…’ Woo Hyun answered.

  ‘Seriously? Fanfiction?’ Howon clattered into a fit of chortle.

  ‘Don’t laugh at me…’ Woo Hyun mumbled sheepishly. ‘This is not a weird hobby, I tell you. There are a lot of fangirls reading these stuff out there. They even write them. I am not that obsessed already. Aishi. Just stop laughing, would you?’

  ‘All right, all right,’ Howon’s laughter died down. ‘What were you reading about?’

  ‘Well, this is strange,’ Woo Hyun’s embarrassed face turned into a serious one. ‘I was…I was reading a fan fiction about…’

  ‘Huh?’

  ‘It is about me and you. Howon and Nam Woo Hyun.’

  ‘Stop joking around!’ Howon’s smirk vanished once he saw Woo Hyun’s   sincere silhouette. ‘What—You don’t mean it, do you?’

  ‘I am afraid this is true.’

  ‘So that means—There’s a character called Howon and another one called Woo Hyun? Same name?’ Howon stared at Woo Hyun, dumbfounded. Apparently he could not process the information he just heard.

  ‘Yup. Amazing, isn’t it?’

  ‘Then what is the story plot like?’ Howon got the sudden curiosity swelling at the back of his throat.

  ‘Well, there’s this guy called Howon (--which received a chuckle from Howon and an ‘of course it does’) and he is so awesome and he is just so like the Lord of the Universe. And this Woo Hyun is a good friend of his and…’

  ‘This is just like us!’ Howon exclaimed before eyeing Woo Hyun suspiciously. ‘You did not make this up, did you?’

  Woo Hyun shook his head. ‘No! Of course I did not. I can give you the story link if you want. I swear!’

  ‘I would really want to take a look of it, you know?’ Howon grinned. ‘Talk to you later, bro. It’s time for class.’

  ‘Sure! See you later,’ WooHyun waved…

 

  ‘What were you doing, Nam Woo Hyun? Stand up and answer my question!’

   The teacher’s voice invaded Woo Hyun’s brain, making the latter jump up in surprise. ‘Uh, teacher, I was just…’

  ‘Where’s your phone?’

  ‘It…I…’

  ‘Were you playing with it?’

  ‘I…’ Woo Hyun stammered. ‘I...I did not…’

  ‘Apparently you are! What were you doing on it?’

  ‘I…’ After a moment of struggle, Woo Hyun gave in finally. ‘I was reading a fanfiction.’

  ‘Don’t read fanfiction in class, mister.’ The teacher walked forward and snatched the phone away from him. ‘Stay focus, Nam Woo Hyun. You may never know when you are in fantasy, or when in the reality.’

Author: THIS IS REALLY CONFUSING. I know, I know. Calm down.

  Has anyone seen the movie Inception? It has the concept of 'Dream within a Dream'. And it has that effect to mess people up with reality and dreams. So here I try to imply the idea of 'FanFiction within a FanFiction'. The first part is a fanfiction that the 1st-WooHyun was reading in class, which is a story about Woo Hyun and Howon themselves. But then the second part tells us that the 2nd-WooHyun is actually reading a fanfiction about the 1st-WooHyun reading a fanfiction in class that's about him and Howon. And this is when the reality and the fantasy world interlace.

  Now here we are, reading a fanfiction about 1st and 2nd WooHyun reading fanfiction in class. Or maybe you are reading a fanfiction in class. Who knows? Maybe you will be the next character of a fanfiction :P



Don't Read FanFiction in Class 

By Aderation


‘Hi, my name is Nam Woohyun, I am here to give you an advice. Don’t read FanFiction in Class!”

 

The afternoon sunlight shone through the small windows lazily into the classroom. Students sat in their seat quietly, eyelids dropped heavily. The teacher’s voice echoed in the quite classroom. Woohyun sat at the back of the class, using his phone to read FanFiction online secretly, deliberately chose to ignore the boring lecture given by his teacher on physics.

“E=mc2” “EC=  mv2” “v=v0+at” all the equations written on the black board seemed to start to float, circling in the air. Dizziness rushed towards Woohyun, so he looked at his phone again, FanFictions are much better. They could sweep him away from the mundane life and took him to places and showed him events and things he could only imagine. He could travel to a world of vampires, werewolves, all sort of immortals; he could go to the heaven and play between the clouds; he could visit the fairyland and dance with the fairies, he could be beside all the idols and celebrities he loves. Of course, when he was reading, he was still only imagining, but he was also being guided through his wildest dream by the authors and the stories they have written. Unlike a daydream, everything that happens in a story was not up to him. Reading FanFictions has the “anything is possible” aspect of dreaming and imagining, coupled with the unpredictable of things that he never saw coming, sort of like his real like, making him to love reading FanFictions more.

Woohyun read the story from his phone, he felt nervous, relieved, happy, sad synced with the character. He was totally absorbed into the story that he had forgotten the fact that he was still in the classroom, stuck in that boring physics lesson.

“Nam Woohyun.” The teacher’s angry voice broke the calm and sleepy atmosphere that built up under the afternoon sun. Eyes all turned towards him, Woohyun blushed due to embarrassment.

“Yes, teacher?”

“What was I saying?”

“Erm…” Woohyun’s mind was blank as he had not listened to a bit of the teacher’s boring lecture.

“Oh, you are so good that you do not need to pay attention in class, right? Then in the equation of the Law of Universal Gravitation [F(g) = G ], r is the separation between the object of m1, and m2 are the masses of the two objects ,G is the universal gravitational constant, F(g) is the gravitational force. So the gravitational force is inversely proportional to what? (answer is the square of the separation between the two objects)” hearing the annoying sound produced by the teacher, and the no practical use question,  Woohyun nearly wanted to puke.

“Erm…”

“Detention!” the teacher said without mercy.

“Teacher.” The student whined.

“What? You are the one who first disrespect me first.”

 

“Look, I am then stuck afterschool for detention. And it was the worse day in my life.”

 

It was the first time for Woohyun to get detention. It was new territory for him, he went in cautiously. The first thing was the mops and water buckets, most thought he had come into the wrong room by mistake.

“What’s your name?” the teacher in charge asked.

“Nam Woohyun.”

“Good, so today you all are asked to clean the classrooms as detention.” The teacher said, sighs were heard everywhere in the room, “two as a pair to clean.”

Woohyun looked around, but he was closed with none of them. He saw students left in pairs. Soon enough, the room was empty, leaving the teacher, him and a boy in the corner.

“Hello,” Woohyun decided to take the initiative, “let’s form a pair.”

“Ok.” The boy smiled awkwardly.

The whole time when they cleaned the classrooms, the atmosphere between them was silent and awkward.

“What’s your name?” a talkative person like Woohyun couldn’t stand the frozen atmosphere.

“Lee Howon, you can call me Hoya.”

“Hello, Hoya-xi, my name is Nam Woohyun,”

“Hello, Woohyun-xi.”

And then the atmosphere between them dropped to zero degree again.

“Why are you stuck in detention?” it was once again Woohyun who attempted to break the silence.

“Caught not paying attention in class.”

“Oh, me too. I was caught reading FanFictions in class.”

“Really? I was also reading FanFictions.”

“OMG!!! What were you reading?” Woohyun said in a loud voice, excited that they could finally have a topic to chat on.

“Just some random stuffs.”

“What precisely?” Woohyun was snappish because of the ambiguous answers.

 “INFINITE’s FanFictions.”

“OMG!!! Really? You love INFINITE too?” Woohyun nearly screamed out when he found out they shared the same idol.

“Yeah, they sing well, dance well, and their synchronized is no kidding.” Hoya’s eyes were sparkling with adoration.

 For the whole detention period, both of them kept chatting about INFINITE and FanFIctions, until the darkness that started to embrace the school, they finally realized their unfinished task of cleaning the classrooms.

“Sh*t”

“We gotta be quick.”

 

“Lee Howon, the worse guy I have ever met. There is always an aura of awkwardness about him, his awkward smile, his awkward use of vocabulary, his awkward way to communicate. Gosh, talking about him gives me headache. And that’s not the end, his aegyo was the worst thing in the world, the creepy facial expression will make you think that you have just seen a ghost. His smile is not a smile, it is just his lips form an upper curve. He loves doing sports and dancing so much that he leaves no time for other things. Training, training, I wonder if his life is only filled with sports and dances…" (Author: insert more descriptions if you can think of, my brain is drained…)

 

As Woohyun was tidying his cloth, Hoya’s name blinked across his phone.

“Hello?” Woohyun said nervously.

“Hey, I’m here! Meet me outside.”

“Alright, I’ll be right out.” He said with a smile and hung up.

Hoya had asked the older out on a date about a week before. They were good friends after the detention. They were totally different, Woohyun was talkative while Hoya was awkward, Woohyun at dancing while Hoya loved it, Woohyun was cheesy while Hoya was manly. Despite all the differences, they managed to have countless topics to chat on. Woohyun sometimes joked around the younger and silly with him, but at the same time they could sit and talk about intense things. Like dreams, family or even things that they thought were wrong with the world.

Woohyun walked out to find Hoya leaning on the hood of his purple car, he wore a purple t-shirt with black skinny jeans. His brown hair was perfectly quiff.

“Well we should get going.” Hoya practically jumped up and motioned to the car.

“Well where are we going?” Woohyun questioned.

“That’s a surprise!” Hoya said as he weaved in front of the older, reaching the passenger door before Woohyun could and opened it quickly, “Here.”

Part of Woohyun was amused by the younger’s hasty action of trying to look like a gentleman, while part of him was irritated by the fact that he was treated as a girl.

They drove for a while, making small talk. It was obvious they were both nervous and antsy. Woohyun had noticed over the course of their friendship, that whenever Hoya would get nervous or caught up in his thought, he’d let his tongue to play with his lip. Which Woohyun in love with it, though it sounded as if he was a ert.

They finally arrived to a parking lot with lots of cars coming in and out.

“Are we-” Woohyun looked around to see kids with balloons and a far off view of various rides.

“Yes! We’re at the fair.” Hoya said, quite chirpy.

“Awh, this is so cute.”

“I thought you’d like it.” Hoya smiled at the older. This made the originally in a good mood Woohyun became mad, thinking that he was treated as a girl, though he didn’t notice that all his cheesiness and aegyo resembled a girl.

However, when they walked into the fair, Woohyun’s eyes were glued to all the rides, forgetting the entire bad mood he had a moment ago. Anticipated, Woohyun naturally cling his hand on Hoya’s. Hoya looked at the happiness showed on the other’s face, his lips unconsciously went upward. (Author: Woohyun’s acts are totally a girl)

Hoya talked the timid older one into riding almost all rides, claiming that Woohyun could hold on him thought the scary ones. What an easy man, Woohyun then was persuaded to take every one of them, even the one that he thought he would not play in his whole life.

The sun was going down earlier than they thought it would, so they decided to end the day with the Ferris wheel.

They took onto the Ferris wheel, and enjoyed the breathtaking night view, staring at the stars and the skyline.

“It’s beautiful.” Woohyun said, leaning on the window, eyes glittering with excitement. (Aurthor: Woohyun a, how can you say that you are not a girl with all these reactions?)

“Woohyun-a.” Hoya said, “I wanted something to commemorate the day I asked you to be my girlfriend.” He smirked.

Woohyun face was blushing hard, his brain was trying to analyze what the younger had just said, not noticed that he was being called as a “girlfriend”. Hoya gently tilted the other’s head up with his index finger and met his lip with Woohyun’s.

Hoya detached from the older and smiled, “Will you be my girlfriend.”

Woohyun could feel himself blushing, thank god it was night already. “I- I- of course! Wait, you are calling me a ‘girl…”

The sentence left unfinished, as Hoya grinned widely and met Woohyun’s lips again.

“Yes, I have the most gorgeous girlfriend in the world.”

“Boyfriend.” Woohyun corrected. And he was being kissed the third time.

After breaking from the kiss, Woohyun said, “This was the best date I’ve ever been on, despite the fact that I was being called as a ‘girlfriend’.”

“I’m glad you feel the same.” And they fell silence, looking at each other’s face knowingly, totally ignored the beautiful view outside.

In the Ferris wheel, a new couple was born that night.

 

“Don’t read FanFiction in class, or you will be stuck in a detention, and meet the worse people in the world. The worst part is that you will fall madly in love with him.” Woohyun finished while holding Hoya’s hand.