The curtain like dress

50 Infinite FanFiction Challenge!

By spartace_jjang       [14/8/2015 21:28]

Current song: 니가 없어도– Jung Yong Hwa


Project runway au <3

 

 ‘All right. You have 20 hours to finish your product. This includes five minutes to buy everything you need in your design and the rest to finish the dress with your teammate. Now on the count of three, two—the seventeenth episode of Project Runway Korea season thirteen—one, will now begin!’

 

All contestants hurried to find their teammates upon the cue. One by one, pairs are formed as people scurried into the shop to grab hold of their precious five minutes.

 

‘Damn it! Who is number three? Who is my teammate?’ Myung Soo shouted amongst the crowd, hand holding the piece of paper with the number on it. ‘Gosh! Number three! Move your here!’

A hmph was heard behind him and Myung Soo turned his back towards the noise source. Standing in front of him is a young man with black hair and ivory white skin that soaked in the sunlight. He was handsome, but not that Myung Soo cared.

‘I am number three,' the boy started, shoving Myung Soo his paper as he did. 'Your partner.'

'Then be quick! The other teams are already going inside the shop to choose for their material for the dress!' Myung Soo grunted. He began to walk away but the boy kept his stand. 'I don't even know your name.'

'It's Kim Myung Soo! Come on!’

'Um. No.'

The boy remained static as he stared at Myung Soo. Myung Soo stared back. They stared until Myung Soo yelled a frustrating tone, 'what's your problem?'

'I haven't told you mine.'

'Your what?' Myung Soo almost shouted.

'Name.'

Then GO AND TELL ME! WE ARE WASTING SO MUCH TIME!' Myung Soo was really shouting right now.

'Lee sung jong.' He responded, utterly unaffected by Myung soo's scream.

'K. Come on then, Sung Jong ssi. Get inside the shop.' Myung Soo stopped when he saw Sung Jong staying still. 'Now WHAT? Don't tell me you are gonna complain about my name or something like this.' Frustrated, Myung Soo crossed his arms and eyed Sung Jong wearily.

'We haven't decided our theme of the dress yet.'

'...'

-----

'Apparently we don't have enough time to decide the theme since we only have two minutes left for the shopping,' Myung Soo thought as he grabbed another who-knows-what fabric from the shelf and hurled forward for another. Grasping some sewing kit and basic necessities, he ran for the cashier and dumped the money provided onto the cashier desk just before the PD yelled times up and everyone had to leave accordingly.

'Hyung!' Myung Soo turned around at the sound and saw the black haired boy running towards him. 'Wait!'

'Who gave you the permission to call me hyung...' He murmured under his breath as Sung Jong finally halted a stop in front of him.

'Let's go!'

'What makes him so hyper suddenly...' Myung Soo muttered again, seeing Sung Jong excitedly waving for a taxi. 'Oh yes, it must be the shopping. Girls like to shop, do they? Wait. He is a boy...' Shaking his head profusely, he followed Sung Jong and got into the cab with a mind full of question marks.

-----

'Now, let's see what do we have.' Sung Jong laid his bag onto the working table and said. Myung Soo nodded and opened his shopping bag obediently. 'What did you buy, hyung?'

'I don't know. I just put whatever that's near me.' He answered honestly. To his surprise, Sung Jong laughed, 'well, me too. Hope that we don't get weird stuff.'

Myung Soo nodded again and focused on his bag. Inside it laid some laces, some white fabric, some turquoise silk, a sewing pack, and also at last a curtain.

A curtain?

A curtain.

He took out the hard fabric and examined its rough features. A curtain. How in the world did he manage to take it from the shelf? Maybe he didn't take it and it jumped off the shelf to his bag itself. Maybe it's not his fault that he took something that was completely useless and---

'A curtain? Really?' Sung Jong buried his head into the bag and laughed. Myung Soo found it annoying.

'What? What's wrong with it?' He snapped. Sung Jong seemed to sense the heavy atmosphere and for a second Myung Soo could hear him mutter a sorry (just for a second).

'What do YOU got, then?' Myung soo challenged.

'You know what,' Sung Jong said with hands scratching his head in embarrassment. 'I got myself some curtains too. But it's in blue color. So don't worry.' He added quickly at the last line.

'Oh my god. Don't worry? You are telling me not to worry when you have chosen such a wonderful material for our dress? Such sarcasm.'

'I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I swear. It's a coincidence and--'

'Sung Jong ssi, if it's not because of your slow reflex in the partnering session, we won't be getting only two minutes for shopping! And we won't be getting these trash for making our clothes!'

'But hyung you yourself get--'

'Don't even call me hyung.' Myung Soo glowered.

'Fine, Myung Soo ssi, you got a curtain too and--'

'I apologize for that. But all the mess started because of you. Do you understand?'

'I didn't do that on purpose! I just wanted to know our names!' Sung jong's voice rose.

'Then you can as well ask when we are in the cab! Why waste time there?' Myung soo asked in a desperate tone.

'I guess I am sorry!' He should be apologizing but the tone of his voice didn't sound like apologizing; it's more like a kid venting out his anger towards a big white teddy bear. That calmed Myung Soo a bit, though.

'All right. I will not discuss this matter now, since we have to start working. Let's start talking about the design of our dress.' After taking a few deep breaths, Myung Soo replied in a calmer manner and proceeded to the drawing table nearby.

'Who are you to command?' Sung Jong muttered. Fortunately for him, Myung Soo couldn't hear a thing since he was too positive thinking about the design.

After an hour and also a lot of pushing and swearing and fighting, they finally got their design readied. Myung soo's blue silk came into use and it acted as the main material of the dress, with the blue and white curtains and the laces as the decorations of the dress. The finalized version included flower prints and also ribbons on top(which Myung Soo hated but could not comment anything since he had lost in a game of rock paper scissors).

‘Okay. We should start working now. The other teams are sewing stuff already and we haven’t even started a single bit.’ Myung Soo remarked as he measured the size of the silk.

‘Well, we did. We came up with a design.’ Sung Jong pointed out. ‘At least some other groups are still struggling on that.’

‘Overly positive, aren’t you?’ Myung Soo shot a glare towards the younger one. ‘Go and cut the cloth here. Along the line, please.’

‘Fine.’ Sung Jong mumbled.

-----

‘For how many times do I have to tell you that you have to use a freaking ruler to measure stuff? A ruler, for god’s sake. Don’t tell me you don’t know how to use a ruler.’

‘...I was planning to use a tape measure, actually. Since it’s fabric and I can circle the waist like this...’

Myung Soo looked between Sung Jong’s innocent face and the fabric he was holding before exhaling deeply, ‘I guess you are right. Forget about my words. Go work.’

  ‘Not even a sorry?’ Sung Jong huffed after a moment of silence.

  ‘Huh?

  ‘Do you hate me that much?’

  ‘What?’

  ‘You are treating me as if I am your servant. It’s annoying, you know?’

  ‘Well, not really. I don’t really hate you and—‘

  ‘Then why are you always telling me to do this and that and blah blah blah?’

  ‘It’s just that—damn it—we are competitors and competitors are meant to fight. I held no grudge against you.’

  ‘Really? Does that include the part of treating me like a slave?’

  ‘Hey,’ Myung Soo cut off his words. ‘You do want to win this, right?’ He continued seeing Sung Jong nod. ‘Then work like one. I order you because I want to win. No, I want us to win.’

  ‘What does this have to do with the competitors’ part?’ Sung Jong scoffed.

  ‘This match counts marks individually. We are judged as oneself, not as a team. And that’s where the bickers between teammates often start. Like someone will be too competitive and then start some random fight just for getting his own marks. But as their bonding breaks, their work will not be finished in a pretty way and at last the two will lose just as well.’ Myung Soo explained patiently.

  ‘I want us to work this out prettily to go for the win-win situation, so I think I might tune down my attitude a bit. Is that good enough for you?’

  ‘Why are you suddenly nice?’ Sung Jong stared at him, utterly dumbfounded.

  ‘Cause we’ve only got two hours left—now it’s one and a half—and we cannot win unless I start being nice and you stop complaining. Compromise?’

  For once Sung Jong was quiet.

  ‘Then let’s continue,’ Myung Soo smiled and picked up his sewing kit again.

  Sung Jong smiled back.

-----

  ‘We have a tough decision today! Here’s our model Veronica, with Kim Sung Gyu and Nam Woo Hyun designing her dress; and also Sophia, with designer Kim Myung Soo and Lee Sung Jong. These two teams came up with the most fashionable design and our four judges really appreciate their effort. But who will win? Let’s wait after our commercial break and see the results!’

  ‘Cut!’ The director yelled. The MC heaved wearily and trudged to the backstage to reapply her makeup. Meanwhile the two teams are escorted to the waiting room for results.

  Myung Soo sighed in relief once settled onto the sofa. He was tired after the long hour work and also the flashlights smacking mercilessly onto his face. The couch was so comfortable that he would like to sleep on it right now. (to be truthful Sung Jong was already nodding off.) Perhaps there will be five minutes or so to nap a bit—

  ‘Sighing already, Kim Myung Soo? You should know perfectly that your team will lose.’ The black haired guy sitting opposite to them suddenly said. Myung Soo remembered that his name was Nam Woo Hyun.

  ‘Of course not. I am sighing in content because I know that I could easily outrun you losers.’ Myung Soo smirked.

  ‘Are you serious? Winning against us? That would be Mission Impossible,’ the small-eyed guy on the left scoffed. ‘By the way, my name is Kim Sung Gyu. I am sure you and your pea-headed friend won’t be able to remember that so I will help you out.’

  ‘What pea-headed friend?’ Myung Soo looked at the directions their fingers were pointing at. ‘You mean...Sung Jong?’

  ‘What?’ Sung Jong woke from his slumber. ‘Who called me?’

  ‘See? This loser can’t even hear us. He is sleeping!’ The duo broke into a fit of laughter. Sung Gyu laughed so hard that he had tears running on his face.

  ‘Stop that, you two!’ Myung Soo stood and shouted. The laughter died abruptly as Sung Gyu and Woo Hyun looked at him. The sparkle in their eyes were not of fear though. It’s more of amusement. They were amused to see what was going to happen. This angered Myung Soo more.

  ‘What makes you so confident, Kim Myung Soo?’ Woo Hyun snickered. ‘You two are supposed to be competitors. Competitors are to fight, .’

  ‘Actually, can’t you realize that you two are competitors too? Why treat him so well, Woo Hyun ssi?’ Myung Soo replied.

 Their faces suddenly turned a shade darker when realization dawned onto them. Right—they are competitors too. Why are they even compromising?

‘At least Gyu Hyung is smarter than your partner,’ Woo Hyun tried to snicker; instead it came out as a weak whimper. Sung Gyu nodded extravagantly, trying to prove his words.

‘I don’t think so,’ Myung Soo retorted. ‘Look at the scoring board, stupid. The results are out.’

‘What—we—what?’ The expressions on their faces were priceless. Woo Hyun left his mouth opened in a surprise O shape, and Sung Gyu looked as if he had swallowed a dead mouse.

‘Seems like we win,’ Myung Soo added quietly.

‘That—no way! How can your curtain like dress win? You—‘ Woo Hyun looked at him with murderous eyes. ‘Kim Myung Soo. I swear you won’t get away easily with this.’ He said as he and Sung Gyu stood from their couch. ‘If you pair up with me next time, I will do anything to get my individual marks no matter what it costs. I don’t care if our design ends up as a ing mess!’ He spat.

‘Mind your language, Nam Woo Hyun.’ Myung Soo said as he led Sung Jong out of the room to the stage for prizes.

‘We won? We won? Is this real?’ Sung Jong blurted out the words once he closed the door. He was too scared to voice anything just now in the thick atmosphere.

Myung Soo laughed at Sung Jong’s dumbfounded expression. ‘Yeah, we did.’

‘But—you heard Nam Woo Hyun—aren’t you scared of him? He looks as if he wants to kill you...’ Sung Jong’s smile froze when he recalled the events happened just now.

‘Never mind. I will have a way to deal with it later,’ Myung Soo said with a shrug. ‘Happy working with you as partners, Sung Jong ssi.’ He said before stepping onto the stage.

‘Still ssi?’ Sung Jong winced.

‘Fine. Sung Jong ah, happy working with you,’ Myung Soo rolled his eyes, but a smile still could not resist escaping his lips.

‘Me too, Myung Soo hyung,’ Sung Jong smiled as well.

Hand in hand, they walked forward into the sea of flashlights.

-----

There might be a lot of things to worry about,

 but as long as I am with you at this moment,

then I know everything will be fine eventually.