Chapter 6

Back To December

I can just admire your perfection all night

 

"Yuri, I'd like you to meet my best friend, Mr. Choi Mu Yeol. He is the chairman of Hi-Tech Industry Centre, and this is his beloved wife, Mrs. Choi Hee Song. This young man here is Choi Minho, their only son" Mr. Kwon formally introduces them to Yuri. Realizing how they are suddenly quiet while waiting for her response, she quickly gets ahold of herself

"An-Annyeonghaseyo. It's nice to meet you. S-Sorry I'm late. Got stuck in traffic" she stutters. She tries to maintain her composure from the shock and flashes a small smile. On the other hand, Mrs. Kwon silently scoffs to herself after listening to her daughter's excuse. I knew you'd say that, Kwon Yuri. She thought in her mind

"No need to apologize, dear. Come and join us. It's still not too late for you to have dinner" Mrs. Choi welcomes her with a warm smile

"Y-Yes, I will..." Yuri nods her head and hesitatingly takes a seat beside her mother, which is also in the opposite of Minho. She slightly bows her head to avoid Minho's eyes that keep staring at her. She places her handbag on her lap and the waiter immediately serves her the dish. This is so uncomfortable!

***

40 minutes have passed. They are now moving on to the dessert after finishing the main dish. The atmosphere is still filled with laughter by sharing their stories together. They sure have a lot to keep up with each other. However, the atmosphere is totally the opposite between Kwon Yuri and Choi Minho.

 

During the entire dinner, Yuri hasn't said a word and she doesn't even bother to get involved in the adults' conversation. All she ever does is scoop the ice-cream served in front of her, and avoiding Minho's eyes, of course. Ever since she entered the room, she noticed that Minho keeps staring at her with his doe-like eyes. Even when he's eating, that smile on his face never fades away. His behavior is disturbing her and it slowly starts to annoy her. Trying her best to hold her temper, she lifts her head up from the plate and decides to give a fierce glare to Minho, hoping that he would stop immediately. What is wrong with this creepy idiot?! I feel like I wanna smack that grin off his face. What a weirdo! She really can't wait for this dinner to end.

 

When Minho sees her glaring at him, he doesn't think much and his smile goes even wider. It seems that he's rather happy that she finally gives her attention towards him instead of being frightened by her. Same like Yuri, he also hasn't been listening to the adults' conversation the moment she walked into the room. He's just too busy watching her. Being able to get this close to her and having dinner together, all of it feels like a dream to him. Even better, he finally gets to know her name. Kwon Yuri... Her beautiful name suits her really well. Minho can just admire her perfection all night, wishing that this moment would never end.

 

Throughout the whole dinner, Mr. Kwon has been holding himself from talking about the real reason why he held tonight's occasion. When they are finished with their desserts, he finally gathers his courage and grabs the chance to bring it up. He clears his throat, and everyone's attention is on him.

 

"Anyway, I believe that Mu Yeol and Hee Song-ssi already knew the reason why our families have gathered tonight. However, I would like to speak up my real intention of holding tonight's dinner... to Minho" Mr. Kwon gazes at Minho. Yuri turns to look at her father in confusion. What does he mean? What does he intend to do?

"Choi Minho, I would like to set up an engagement between you and my daughter, Yuri" he announces to Minho with a serious expression on his face. Yuri widens her eyes and her jaw drops a little, glaring at her father in disbelief. He's got to be kidding, right?! She's about to stand up and stop her father with his ridiculous speech, but Mrs. Kwon acted faster by holding her arm tightly to prevent her from doing so. She clenches her teeth and glares at Yuri as a warning. What?! So mom is behind all of this too?!

"Minho-ah, Yuri is our only daughter and she will also take over my place at the Castle Hotel in the future. But before that happens, I want to make sure that she has found the right guy for her. By finding that right guy, I believe that you're the one for her, Minho. I know this might be burdening you, but my wife and I really hope that you will accept our request and take care of our Yuri" Mr. and Mrs. Kwon stare at him with hopeful eyes. Not being able to believe her parents' pathetic actions, Yuri looks over to the other side and silently scoffs in fury. Under the table, she holds her fist tightly in anger till her knuckles turn white. Her temper is boiling up inside of her. Please tell me this is a nightmare!!

"Yoon Seung-ah, Mi Sun-ssi... We really appreciate your complete faith and trust towards our son. Actually, we already told Minho in advance about tonight's occasion earlier this morning" Mr. Choi speaks out carefully on behalf of Minho

"My wife and I had discussed this matter seriously with our son. But the truth is, Minho-"

"I ACCEPT!!" Minho immediately stands up while raising his hand in the air, cutting off his father's sentences. All eyes are on him

"Uncle Kwon, Aunt Kwon... I accept your request!" smiles Minho. Hearing his words, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon smile widely in happiness while Mr. and Mrs. Choi daze at their son in confusion, dumbfounded with the situation. On the other hand, Yuri becomes even more shocked. Her eyes are wider than ever and her jaw has completely dropped to the ground. IS HE INSANE?!!

= = = = =

It's been a hectic week and it is a little tiring, but hey I'm still alive. And I try to balance out between school, work as well as updating this fanfic for you readers so I hope you like this chapter. Thank you for every comment that you have left for me. Appreciate it ^^ Don't forget to subscribe!