Far Stage

Wish Ur My Love

Mingyu POV

“Try open this one, Seungkwan!”, Hansol demmanded. Currently Hansol, Seungkwan and Mingyu are  on Seungkwan’s bed. They’re having a little free time on the night after their very first debut stage, browsing about ‘Seventeen’ on the internet.

“Be patient! Be patient!”, Seungkwan said in his usual ‘sassy’ style.

“Woah... our profile is so complete here.”, Hansol said with amusement in his tone. “They’re also wrote about our facts too. Haha.”, Hansol laughed.

“What is this!? How can my posts is just all about being a diva and such!?”, Seungkwan complained.

“Cause you’re. Haha”, Mingyu laughed.

“Yeah just accept it, Seungkwan. There’s also about me with my ‘Shining Diamond’ (few dollars) parts.”, Hansol added.

“Yah! You two! Aish!”, Seungkwan groans in frustration, while the others just laughed it off.

“Hey hey. Open this one, Seungkwan!”, Mingyu noticed a post with title “Seventeen Couples”.

Seventeen couples huh? Is it like what I heard a long time ago when the fans paired up some of us as boy x boy couple from the same group? Hm... who I would be paired up with?’, a lot of curiosity filled up Mingyu’s thoughts.

“Seventeen couples? Seems interesting. Who I’ll be paired up with? Though there’s no one here that match for me. I must be paired with a girl instead!”, Seungkwan said in a singing way.

“Same for me! I’m too handsome to be paired with a boy too!,” Hansol added. Mingyu just shakes his head from hearing his dongsaengs’ words.

“Let’s see... Oh? Mingyu hyung! Our group most popular couple is you with Wonwoo hyung! Your couple name is Meanie!”, Seungkwan said, almost shouted actually.

“Woah congratulations, Mingyu hyung!”, Hansol said in English and clapped together with Seungkwan.

Huh? I’m with Wonwoo hyung? Why?’, Mingyu feels either happy, shocked, confused, and sad. First, he’s happy, because his couple is the most popular. Second, he didn’t thought that he’ll have a couple with another member. Third, he’s wondering why it’s him with Wonwoo. And lastly, he’s sad that it’s not him with Jisoo. ‘Why not with Jisoo hyung... No no! It’s not like I want to be a couple with him. It just... Arrgh! I don’t know anymore!

“Me and Wonwoo hyung? Haha. We’re just best friend. Why is it called ‘Meanie’ though?”, though he has mixed feelings, he’s still try to keep calm in front of his friends.

“On this post written that it’s because your initial name is ‘M’ combined together with ‘Beanie’, since Wonwoo hyung often used to wears beanie a lot.”, Seungkwan explained. “Oh here’s some photos too! Woah... you two are so intimate!”

“Wait! Let me look!”, Mingyu took Seungkwan’s handphone.

“Yah! Hyung!!”, Seungkwan protested, tried to take his phone back.

“Wonwoo hyung, come here!”, Mingyu shouted from his bed.

“What is it, Mingyu? I’m watching APink’s performance right now! Not gonna miss to see MY lovely Hayoung.”, Wonwoo shouted back, emphasized the word ‘my’.

“She’s MINE though!”, Junhui replied back.

“NOPEEE!! SHE’S MINEEE!! Get lost, Wen Junhui!”, Wonwoo shove his friend Junhui off.

“YAH! YOU TWO! JUST BE QUIET! I’m watching my Namjoo right now!”, Seungcheol joins, gaze still on TV with grins all over his face.

“WAIT!! APINK IS ON TV!? I’M COMING~~ REMEMBER! REMEMBER! REMEMBER~”, Seungkwan flies off from his bed in seconds while singing Eunji’s part on “Remember”, passes his phone to Hansol.

Aish these guys can’t be helped whener there’s APink on TV’, Mingyu rubs his hair violently.

“Please just come here for a second, hyung!”, Mingyu pleads to Wonwoo.

“Aish! Okay okay! I come!”, Wonwoo then proceed to Mingyu’s bed. “What is it? It’s better be important.”

“Here! Look at this! We’re the number one couple on Seventeen, hyung! We’re Meanie couple. Isn’t that feels weird? We’re just friend. And seeing our photos like this and being paired up...”

“Woah! Really? It’s nice then! You must be proud to be a couple with me! Haha.”, Wonwoo laughed with proud in his tone.

“Really, hyung? Aish.”, Mingyu groans in frustration. He never thought that his ‘partner’ will reacts casually like that over this ‘BIG’ thing (or at least what Mingyu thought it is).

“Isn’t that nice though? I heard that fans like these kind of things and sometimes it’s even bring our group popularity from what I know from our past senior groups. And to be in most popular couple means we’re popular too, right?”, Wonwoo explained it calmly.

“It’s right though... but...”

“Ah don’t think about it in negative way, Mingyu. Let’s just happy with it, okay? I’m gonna see my princess again. Bye~”, Wonwoo manages to leave the room and back with the other boys who are watching TV.

It’s true, but... why I feel not good about this?’

“Woah! Mingyu hyung look! Our second popular couple is JiHan, Jisoo hyung with Jeonghan hyung! They’re looking good together! These hyung seems like an innocent couple compared to Meanie. Haha.”, Hansol nudged Mingyu.

“WHAT!? JISOO HYUNG WITH JEONGHAN HYUNG!? AND NO! THEY’RE NOT LOOKING GOOD TOGETHER!”, Mingyu didn’t realize that his voice is really loud that time.

“Woah woah. Easy, man!”, Hansol said in English. “Is there something wrong, hyung? Why you’re so surprised and angry like that?”, Hansol furrowed his eyebrows.

“It’s... uh... oh... n..nothing, Hansol.”, Mingyu smiles groggily, while Hansol still giving a confused look to Mingyu.

“What’s you’re talking about? Why so loud like that?”, Jeonghan comes to the room and sit on Mingyu’s bed as well.

“Here, hyung. We’ve just found ‘Seventeen Couples’ on internet, and apparently you and Jisoo hyung is second most popular couple. Then all of sudden, Mingyu hyung...”, before Hansol managed to finish his words, his mouth were already covered by Mingyu’s hand.

“It’s nothing, hyung. It’s nothing.”, Mingyu gives his best smile, while still covering Hansol’s mouth.

“Hmm... okay. Let me see. Woah it’s nice! Though it’ll be better if JiHan couple is first rather than Meanie. Haha”, Jeonghan laughed.

“Haha sure, hyung.”, Mingyu forced a laugh.

“Nice, boy. Haha. Oh and you got fifth place, Hansol. After SoonSeok and China-line. Verkwan, Vernon and Seungkwan. Hahaha.”, Jeonghan added.

“Woah really, hyung!? I haven’t read that. I must to tell Seungkwan about this. Seungkwan!!”, Hansol then quickly get up and searching for Seungkwan.

“Haha that boy. Oh, Mingyu. Wonwoo said that he puts your favorite burger on the dining table. You should hurry to get it, before I eat it first. Haha.”, Jeonghan said while leaving the room.

“Yes, hyung. Don’t eat it first please!!”, Mingyu shouted. He then laying his body on the bed, thinking about what happened.

Huft... such a weird day. Jisoo hyung and Jeonghan hyung... Yeah, actually they’re looking good together. They seems like match made in heaven. While me... even when I get first place with Wonwoo hyung, but...’

===

Jisoo POV

Woah I didn’t think it’ll be this many! We have so many fans already~ Woah... fantastic!’, Jisoo thought. He just amazed by the amount of people who come to their first fansign event.

“Jisoo, do you have any spidol left? Mine is almost empty.”, Jeonghan whispered. The members’ seats were already arranged by the staffs, and apparently Jeonghan sits beside Jisoo.

“Here. I’ve one.”, Jisoo gives one of his spidols to Jeonghan. Then Jeonghan muttered ‘Thank You’ in response.

Seems like what Jeonghan said yesterday was true. Our seats arrangment is based by those ‘couples’ thing. And our company told us to be closer with our ‘partner’ during everytime fans can see us. It’ll boosts our popularity or publicity they says... sigh...’, Jisoo keeps thinking about that ‘couple’ thing ever since Jeonghan said that they’re the second most popular couple in Seventeen. Even so, he still tries to smile and responsed fans’ nicely and politely during the fansign. Sometimes, he took a glance to Mingyu who looks happy with all things he did with Wonwoo.

==

-Yesterday-

“Yah! Jisoo! We got the second most popular couple in Seventeen!”, Jeonghan said excitedly.

“Wait. We? Couple? I don’t understand.”

“Oh yeah I haven’t explained. I just came from Mingyu’s room and there are him, Seungkwan and Hansol who were browsing about Seventeen on internet. Then they stumbled upon a post titled ‘Seventeen Couples’, which consists us paired up to each other. And apparently, we’re the second place!”, Jeonghan explained with a happy face.

“Ah I see I see. So, who’s the first place?”, Jisoo asked, he’s getting curious about this topic.

“It’s just them. Mingyu and Wonwoo, Meanie Couple.”

“Meanie? Such a cute name. Haha. But why Meanie?”

“I don’t know either.”

“Boys! Come here! I’ve an announcement!”, their manager called them to living room.

“What is it, hyung?”, Seungcheol asked.

“Since tomorrow we’re going to do our first fansign, I just want you all to know that fans have paired up some of you as a ‘couple’ since a long time ago. Anyone knows?”

“Ah yeah we know! We just read it on internet.”, Hansol answered proudly.

“So then let’s skip about that. I’ll just gonna say that our company want you all to get closer with your couple partners, since it’ll boosts your popularity and good for publicity for fans, especially fangirls. If you have something to ask about these couple things, you should ask Hansol. Get rest for tomorrow. Good night!”, their manager left the room just like that.

“Ah hyung it’s not fair!!”, Hansol protested, while Seungkwan just teased Hansol and the other members are giving him questions endlessly.

==

Days passed. Seventeen members have been busy with their “Adore U” promotions, as well as fansigns and variety shows. Now, they’re on their way to the dorm after their packed schedule.

What’s actually he’s trying to do? He keeps mentioning me on variety shows whenever the MCs asked him something. First, he said that my hair is the best on After School Club. Then, he said he wants to be me on Arirang radio. What’s he’s after to? He should be just mentioning Wonwoo, it’ll boost their couple popularity and us as well. Kim Mingyu, what are you doing actually? You’re playing with my heart. I like you. Yeah, I LIKE YOU. That’s why I’m keep thinking about you.’, Jisoo’s brain keeps repeating the same questions these days and he just confused about Kim Mingyu. He sits on the back of the van, while Mingyu and Wonwoo sits on middle. Jisoo watches them as they joked endlessly and having fun together. Not only them, but everyone have been like that with their ‘assigned couple’. Both Jisoo and Mingyu have been close to each other’s partner now and rarely talk to each other, but Jisoo on the other hand, still watching Mingyu from afar and keep thinking about him. Just when he picked up his phone, tried to distract himself from the thoughts, there’s a small sticker on it. It’s the sticker Mingyu gave to him.

Yeah... Though you’re the one who gives me a hard time right now, but seeing this, I’m feel better. Thank you.’, Jisoo holds his phone tight and eventually drive off to the dreamland.