008 *NEW*

Through Fire and Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a very long day, I just want to reward myself with a warm bath, a delicious meal, and a peaceful sleep. So I don’t know what I did to deserve a punishment like carrying a God-knows-how-heavy Kim Taehyung on my back right now. I would have called any of the BTS members for help, but sadly I don’t own a phone.

But no worries, I tell myself. I bet all of them are at Caliburn Hall and once I reach the dorm, Jimin and the others can take care of their devil friend over here.

 

Or not.

Of all nights to arrive in an empty dorm, why does it have to be tonight?

Hey Juno! Since we don’t have your number, I left this note to let you know of our whereabouts. Namjoon, Hoseok, and I will be having a meeting with all club presidents, including Yoongi, about the upcoming school festival of the academy. Jimin is serving in the hospital tonight, and Jungkook is probably somewhere playing around. Also, I don't have an idea where Taehyung is, sorry.. - Seokjin

I look at the time. 8:09PM. It’s going to take a while before everyone comes home. Seriously, I’ll go bald if I pull my hair out from all the absurdity of the situations I get into.

Not having a choice, I carry Taehyung to his room. As I was about to settle him on his bed, my already-tired legs suddenly gave away and I roughly flopped into the bed with Taehyung on my back. This made Taehyung stir awake, and with his soft breaths reaching my neck, I suddenly flip Taehyung on the bed with all my remaining strength and stood up, uncomfortable from the proximity.

“Juno?” Taehyung asked groggily. “What the hell are you doing in my room?”

“Y—you passed out in training. Y—you’re sick so y—you should wash up and ge—get changed. I’ll prepare you something to eat s—so you can drink medicine.”

Feeling flustered, I quickly left his room and headed to the kitchen, not even making sure if Taehyung heard me or not.

Fortunately, all ingredients needed for porridge were there. Pushing my sleeves up to my elbows, I started preparing the classic food for sick people. In the midst of all this, I sighed. Why am I even doing this? In the end, even if I try to convince myself that it isn’t my fault, I can’t help but feel responsible for Taehyung being sick.

After finishing up, I went back to Taehyung’s room just in time to see him going back to bed. Carefully, I placed the tray of food on his lap. He just kept staring at it, and then his eyes focused on my wrist.

“What happened to your wrist?”

Oh shoot, I forgot my sleeves are up. Aeri’s fault,  I thought to myself.

“Oh, this? It’s—it’s nothing.” Taehyung raised an eyebrow at my response, so I decided to just quickly change the subject. “Just eat up will you? I’m not going to poison you.”

“Hmm, I can’t be too sure, can I?” He smirked, touching the spoon to stir the bowl of porridge.

The nerve of this guy to smirk in that state. Sick or not, Taehyung never fails to irk me. Now I regret not poisoning his food.

“Fine,” I say as I lean closer to get the bowl out of his hands, “Then don’t eat it. Why did I even bother—” Taehyung shoots a porridge-filled spoon into my mouth, almost choking me.

I coughed, “Hey what the hell, Kim Taehyung!”

“You’re right, it’s not poisoned.” Taehyung chuckled, which irritated me more.

Getting ready to leave, I said, “Just leave the bowl here after you’ve finished eating.”

“Where are you going?”

“I’m eating in the dining room. Both of us won’t have the appetite in the presence of each other.”

I slammed the door closed without caring how sick Taehyung was right now. He’s a jerk.

 

After eating and cleaning up the kitchen, I returned to Taehyung’s room only to find him fast asleep on his bed. Seeing him in that state, I silently wished he could be as harmless as that when he’s awake.

Feeling his warm forehead, I decided to put on a damp towel on it to help lower his fever. With that, I couldn’t help but stare at his sleeping face longer than I intended to. He looked really peaceful and handsome without a scowl directed at me.

Just when I thought Taehyung was already in deep sleep, the boy spoke up, still with his eyes closed, “Are you going to stay here the whole night?”

I scoff at the ridiculous thought, “Just until you fall asleep. So shut your eyes and sleep so I can quickly leave.”

“Don’t look at me too much while I sleep. I don’t want you falling for me, I don’t like you.”

The ego of this guy is unbelievable. Maybe I shouldn’t have been too nice even when he’s sick.

“That’s the last thing you need to worry about. The feeling is mutual, you sick jerk. Now shut up and sleep.”

I settled myself on the floor next to his bed, leaned against the wall, and made myself comfortable.

I won’t lie though, I’ve been meaning to ask Taehyung exactly why he hates me. Although I’m pretty sure it was how powerless I made him feel because of my nullification abilities, I still want to know. Closing my eyes, I thought, my parents should be proud of me right? I helped someone who was nothing but a jerk to me.

Then I remember Taehyung’s jacket.

Well, kind of a jerk.

Letting out a yawn, I glance at Taehyung one last time before closing my eyes - a nap wouldn’t hurt, right? And then I let myself drift into unconsciousness.

 

The next moment I opened my eyes, I found myself curled up on Taehyung’s floor. I realized that I fell asleep on the floor the whole night and that the bed next to me was already empty.

What in the world? That stupid jerk didn’t even bother to wake me up!

I shot up to get out of the room, but as soon as I did so, a sticky note dropped on the floor, as if dropping from my face.

As I reach out to pick it up, I notice that my bruised wrist from yesterday has been bandaged. Taehyung?

The thought of another kind gesture from Taehyung makes me uncomfortable. Why does he have to do these things that make me nervous?

Maybe I am paranoid, but confusing moments like these seem like a “calm before the storm” to me. Last night he just told me he didn’t like me, why can’t his recent actions support those words? It makes me prefer his annoying, egotistical self because at least that doesn’t confuse me. Shaking the uncomfortable feeling off, I read the note and was instantly relieved.

         You sleep like a baby - a snoring, drooling, and not to mention ugly, baby.

At least that’s the Kim Taehyung that I know.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter