004

Through Fire and Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hearing those cruel words from Mr. Kang, I headed straight to the dorms and locked myself in my room. I flopped myself onto my bed and just stared at the ceiling. There comes the numbness again, then comes the exhaustion.

Sometimes...I'm just tired, you know? I've always tried convincing myself how I'm still in the cocoon phase in a butterfly life cycle and that my time to bloom into a beautiful butterfly will definitely come.

My time will definitely come, I convince myself once again. My time will definitely come...but I'm already 18 years old and I feel like I'm still on the same stage as I am two years ago when I started in this academy.

Even if I'm unfortunate enough to not be a participant in this battle, I realized that I needed to have this mindset that I am one. I can't let this pity party go on forever, even if it's just inside my head. With that thought, however, I suddenly got scared.

I’m scared.

Of course I’m scared. How will I not be? If I really were a contestant, it's like others have been given a god-sent chance to not hold back and further humiliate me, not when they’re practically given a go signal to attack me. I don’t need to give people more reasons to think less of me.

“Jung Juno, you can do this," I try to convince myself again.

You’re strong, Juno, don’t let them know how scared you are.

Determined not to feel too down after what happened with Mr. Kang, I decided to just focus on my physical training once again. This is what I actually love about it - the training makes me take my mind off those negative things. My initiative to just train myself always serves as a reminder that maybe I'm slowly breaking out of my cocoon and blooming into a butterfly soon.

 

 

My self-training includes running morning and late evening for about three to four times a week. For a weekend like today, I also run in the afternoon.

If there's one thing I can say that I love about Magus Knight Academy, it's simply the campus itself. Being vast in terms of land area, the academy has a variety of landforms and water forms, ranging from mountains, hills, to lakes and rivers. The view never fails to mesmerize me.

While on a break from running, I stopped by this river to get a drink. Cupping the water with my hands, I refresh myself with a few sips. As I was about to get more, the water suddenly caught my ankles and pulled me into the river.

“I told you, you can look forward to more.”

Ah, I should have figured that today isn’t a lucky day as well.

Thankfully, the river is shallow. So I stood up immediately to get out of the water and faced Kim Taehyung.

“Tell me, am I forbidden here, too?”

After our first encounter in the forest, I learned that the lake where I met Taehyung was the private training area of the exceptional students – in short, the Saber-class magi. As seniors and soon juniors are the only ones who could be considered Saber class, the current Saber class consists only of BTS. The force field Taehyung was talking about when we first met was a force field set up by Jung Hoseok that prevents other students, especially girls, from entering this special training ground. This private training ground was alloted to them since their fan girls kept them from training properly.

Yes, fan girls. Not only do the BTS members have these powerful abilities, but they were all also good-looking.

Life really isn't fair, I know.

“You know, this reminds me of the first day we met.” He suddenly said with a blank face as I go my way back to the ground, suddenly feeling conscious with how Taehyung was just standing there and watching.

Me being drenched in water and standing in front of each other – He’s right, it's exactly the situation when we first met. 

This realization just gave me an idea.

“You forgot about one thing though.” Will he fall for it? 

Then I suddenly aimed a punch to his face.

Unfortunately, Taehyung caught my wrist before my fist landed on his face. “How can I forget?” he sneered, “You should try harder, Juno.”

Bingo.

I couldn’t help but smile and chortle, “You’re right, I should."

Taehyung clearly wasn't expecting my reaction, then bringing about a mix of surprise and confusion all over his face. “That’s why I thought of this," and so I kneed him hard in the nuts. Taehyung fell to the ground, clutching his little friend down there, “Jung Juno you little ! Ah, !"

Sorry future Mrs. Kim, but I’ll be the world’s hero when it realizes that it does not need the perpetuation of Kim Taehyung junio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter