002

Through Fire and Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung.

One of the best students of Magi Knight Academy, consistently topping our year for two years now, excelling both in magic and academics.

Not only does he hold another unique and powerful element - water - but he's also blessed with a second ability of mind-reading. Crazy, right?

With that much credentials, you all shouldn't be surprised that he's quite an arrogant bastard. Plus it doesn't help that girls think he's handsome. I hate to admit it, but even I think so.

 

 

The first time I met Kim Taehyung was also the day I first came to this school, just before freshman year was about to start.

 

Having lost my whole family, I was wandering around campus looking for a quiet place to have some time alone. At that time, I was walking soullessly through the forest near the dorms with no direction at all.

My life felt empty, and I was desperate to feel something other than the emptiness.

And I did.

Deep into the forest, I found a beautiful lake, bringing back all the beautiful memories I had of my family having picnics in the countryside. Facing the lake, I sat under a tree and simply enjoyed the view. I closed my eyes and for the first time since what felt like forever, I felt at peace.

If ever my parents were there with me, they're probably telling me that very soon I'll meet new people I would care about, that life isn't over for me. That even without them, this life is still worth living and fighting for.

For the first time since they were gone, it felt like everything would be okay. That afternoon, not only did I find a quiet place, but also the strength of heart that I needed.

Unfortunately, that peace was short-lived when someone abruptly splashes me with water, completely soaking my clothes.

When I opened eyes to scold the culprit, my heart stopped as I was met with a pair of deep, but angry, brown eyes.

A boy around my age was squatting in front of me. Droplets of water were dripping from the tips of his brown hair, as if just coming out of the shower. His face would have been more beautiful if not for that scowl.

When I get back to my senses, I pushed him hard, quickly stood up, and returned the glare he was giving me.

“What the hell was that for?!" I practically yelled. Thank goodness it was summer, or I’d be freezing by then.

With the scowl not leaving his face, the boy eventually stands up and dusts his hands off. A few seconds passed while he focused his eyes on me, as if studying my face. Just as I was starting to get uncomfortable with the look he was giving me, the boy speaks up.

“Everybody knows this place is off-limits. How did you even get here? How did you pass through the force field?”

Confused and irritated, I retorted. “What force field? Well obviously not everybody knows that this place is restricted, since I wasn’t informed. There wasn't even a sign of any off-limits for this place. And who are you anyway?”

This time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter