003

Through Fire and Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aside from all the magician stuff, being a student in Magus Knight Academy seems no different from normal high schools - that is for me, at least.

For the past two years, my teachers seemed to have already given up on me and become lenient with me when it comes to our magical combat course.

My teachers found it futile to include me since even though I'd tried my best to follow their demonstrations regarding magic use, I would only succeed for about one to three times a school year, all of which were unexceptional results. I’m somehow treated like a human, and I don’t mind at all.

To my classmates' dismay, I was excused from magical combat practicals and stood at the sides whenever it was time for practical exams. As I am treated as a laughing stock in school, they always looked forward to the one-hundred percent chance of defeating me in a battle, just like Kim Taehyung.

Since I’m such a let-down when it comes to magic, I have been focusing on improving my physical abilities such as running, flexibility, reflexes, and other skills outside classes. I think I've been faring well, considering I’ve only been doing this for two years. I was already so behind on magic and I myself have kind of given up on it already, and so I knew that I had to work extremely hard on other things to try to keep up at least.

 

 

When the bell finally rang, I quietly dashed out of the classroom to head straight for the cafeteria. This has become my daily routine to avoid clashing with Kim Taehyung. However, luck wasn’t on my side when a small puddle of water suddenly appeared from nowhere, making me slip and fall on my .

“Oops, my bad." An all-too familiar voice said.

I wasn't even surprised when I looked up to see the devil smirking at me. Standing up immediately, I replied and glared at the boy in front of me.

“Your tricks are getting a little uncreative, Taehyung.”

“Don't worry Juno, the school year's just getting started. You can look forward to more."

Before he turned around to leave, he pointed to the mess he made and said, "You can clean that up."

“Stupid jerk.” I huffed, once he was out of sight. Straightening my skirt, I turned away from the cafeteria but was suddenly met with someone's shoulder.

Once I looked up to apologize, I saw Min Yoongi in front of me. With wide eyes, I bowed slightly and muttered an apology. He only gave me a curt nod and continued walking away. Stupefied, I continued to leave.

However, a gust of wind suddenly circled around from the wet floor I was standing on up to the waist of my skirt, drying it. I look back to the person who was walking away, and gave him another bow as gratitude, even if he won't see it.

Min Yoongi, the holder of the wind manipulation magic, is a senior and just like Kim Taehyung, he’s one of the best students of the academy. Both were also part of BTS, a group of seven influential students due to their rare and powerful abilities. Yoongi is classified as a Saber-class magi, the best knight class in the academy, and just like him, Taehyung and the rest of BTS who are in their junior year are also expected to be classified into this same knight class.

But unlike the said devil, Min Yoongi isn’t vocal about his achievements. Even though he always has this cold expression on his face, I believe that he’s a warm person.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter