오늘부터 우리는 (Me gustas tu)

기억해 / Me gustas tu

It was a rainy afternoon, the first day into summer's rainy season. The girls were only restricted to the vacation house, and things were beginning to be boring.

 

"Let's do some cleaning up," Sowon suggested, and as usual, she received only groans in reply.

 

"We've been around for almost two weeks and we're still going to stay here for another two more," she reasoned, "we have to clear up all this mess we've created," she continued, placing emphasis on her words wherever necessary.

 

"But unnie," they were beginning to complain, but Sowon would not let them.

 

"Or else, we shall spend this time on studying and not waste it," Sowon mentioned the second option, which she had known would be strongly rejected upon.

 

"Let's just go with cleaning up," Eunha cheerfully said, as the girls were still complaining about studying.

 

It was a tiring process and everyone was sweating, despite the cold from the harsh rain. It was about a good fifteen to seventeen degrees Celsius, and the girls were glad that they had chose this timing to do their clean-up rather than when the hot sun was out blaring.

 

"Hey unnie," Umji lay herself down on the floor and snuggled beside Yuju. "What are you doing?"

 

"I'm trying to write a song," Yuju explained, her face pulling an expression of confusion as she puzzled over the lyrics.

 

"You can write songs!" ShinB gasped in admiration as she joined in and lay down beside Yuju on the other side.

 

"There's a reason why she's in the school choir," Yerin replied and sat down with the girls.

 

Sowon came over and followed suit, saying, "Singing ability does not attribute to being able to write songs," causing the girls to nod in agreement.

 

"Whatever you say," Yerin responded nonchalantly and turned around to see Eunha joining them.

 

"Unnie, you're so multi-talented! You do ballet, you sing so well, you play the guitar, and you can write songs!" Umji spoke in dazzlement of the elder girl.

 

"I'm not that perfect," Yuju slightly frowned at the girl before her lips curved back into a smile. "But thanks Umji-yah. Unfortunately, I'm not that smart," she added.

 

"It's okay, you won't be as bad as Sowon unnie," Yerin replied, which earned a whine from their eldest and a light smack as well. The rest of the girls broke into peals of laughter at Yerin's statement, as well as Sowon's reaction.

 

"You girls are so bad. Why am I your unnie?" she pouted, which caused the girls to laugh even more. "What's more, I'm your tutor, so I'm supposed to be smarter," she argued.

 

"That's only because you've been through the syllabus way before us," ShinB reasoned and Sowon sighed in defeat. The girls were still laughing at each others' tactics.

 

After their commotion died down, the girls began to revert their attention back go Yuju's song.

 

"If you are going to just stare at me like that, I'm going to feel uncomfortable and I won't be able to write anything," Yuju said to break the silence. The girls giggled softly, but continued to observe her writing her song.

 

"Looks like a love song," Eunha commented as she glanced through the lyrics.

 

"Yeah, most songs out there are love songs anyway," Yuju responded, nodding her head.

 

"What's this?" ShinB pointed at the words written in English alphabet, in a foreign language.

 

"Oh," Sowon gasped in amazement. "What language is this?" she proceeded to ask.

 

"Spanish," Yuju answered as she continued thinking about the lyrics.

 

"How do you pronounce it?" there was excitement apparent in Umji's voice, as she spoke with her ever bright voice and face.

 

"Me gustas tu," Yuju read it out for the girls.

 

"What does it mean?" Yerin asked next.

 

"It means I like you," Yuju explained, "like, in a lover way."

 

"Me gustas tu," ShinB replied.

 

"I just said-" Yuju was cut of by her junior of one year.

 

"Never mind that, you are all special to me, and I think this is enough to express how I feel towards us." ShinB did not change the confident look in her eyes. Her tone was genuine and honest, deep from the heart, filled with love, just as how their friendship was.

 

"Me gustas tu," Umji replied quickly, with her usual cheerful voice and a small smile, but yet more love in her response.

 

"Me gustas tu," Yerin smiled as she said that, the best she could, because her eyes were already welled up with tears.

 

"Me gustas tu," Eunha echoed the response of the two girls, in the most sincere voice she could.

 

"Me gustas tu," Sowon was next, repeating the words exactly the way ShinB had said them earlier.

 

All eyes landed on Yuju.

 

"Saranghae-ya," she said in a wide, grateful smile. Immediately, she was attacked with whacks and kicks from the other girls.

 

"Unnie! You broke it!" Umji whined and pouted.

 

"How else was I supposed to respond? I was just saying how I really feel," Yuju frowned as if she was wronged.

 

"Repeat after us, of course!" Yerin too, was furrowing her eyebrows at the younger girl.

 

Yuju did not give out any sound, but sat quietly and frowned. The girls tickled her after that, breaking into peals of laughter.

 

"Stop bullying Yuju, it was such a serious situation," Sowon was back in her position as the mother of the group, chiding them in times of mischief, like right then.

 

"Ne Sojung-umma," Umji giggled and gradually they stopped, all of them still laughing at their deeds.

 

"Me gustas tu," said Yuju finally when they were all settled upright in their own positions.

 

No words were exchanged; only smiles of love and gratitude were shared. Yet, they understood each other perfectly well as if their hearts were all connected as one. No one else, in the whole wide world, could make them feel the same this way. 

 


 

AN UPDATE TO CELEBRATE THEIR FIRST WIN YAS BUDDIES WE'RE SO PROUD OF THEM OUR BABIES AND EACH OTHER