기억해 (My Buddy)

기억해 / Me gustas tu

The girls waited patiently at the table for dinner to arrive. They sat quietly and enjoyed the wind from the fan, their only source of help against the scorching weather. They relaxed in the peacefulness of the situation, and that was before ShinB broke the tranquility by talking into the fan. The girls chuckled at the playfulness that she had been showing all the time. 

 

Sowon decided to go into the kitchen to help the ahjumma with taking the dishes out. As they walked out and set the food on the table, a question was faced: "Did one of you help me with the plants or something?"

 

The girls laughed as they remembered Yuju watering the plants out of boredom when she randomly used a watering can she spotted at the side. 

 

"She did," Umji answered the question, and pointed at Yuju. 

 

"Why thank you! I was going to forget about them," she beams, "could you do it while you're here?" she ended with a request.

 

The girls laughed even harder and Yuju was both annoyed and embarrassed. Sowon then out of pity and goodwill offered to do it in Yuju's place. 

 

The girls laughed and talked over their dinner, but nevertheless the food was finished within the next fifteen minutes due to their huge appetite, and the hunger from travelling and playing the whole afternoon. They noticed that the sun was not setting yet, for it was summer, and decided to help with the dishes to wait for the sunset. 

 

Holding each others' hands, the girls gathered out in the open field and watched the sun shine brightly up in the sky, as it slowly sank into the horizon, the sky growing from peaceful orange, to coral pink, then to the blue of the night sky.

 

The girls were awed by the beauty of the scenery before them, and in their hearts they said prayers of gratitude for having witnessed the picturesque sunset, a memory they would hold dearly to their hearts. They prayed for a wonderful month ahead of spending their time with only each other, and looked forward for the days that would form memories for the six of them. They tightened their grips of each other and said to themselves that they would never let go of this friendship, their very special bond, forever. 

 

Night fell and the stars were beginning to shine, along with the moon. Nocturnal animals started to be active, and the sound of cicadas welcome the girls into nighttime at the countryside. 

 

While the rest decided to go back into the house, the two, often paired up due to their names, rested on the grass field, when ShinB decided to go for some star-gazing. Nobody said anything for five minutes; ShinB looked at the beauty above in awe, while Eunha remained in deep thought. 

 

"Eunbi-ah," Eunha broke the silence. As she looked up to the night sky, she released the hung-up of her heart, "I won't ask if we can be like this forever, because it's impossible, but at least, can we be friends for as long as we can?"

 

ShinB was shocked to receive such a question from the senior, because she was one to seldom ever voiced out such feelings- she never felt a need to. The six of them were so close she didn't need to express how she felt in words at all but they could tell. She looked towards Eunha  and held her hand in assurance.

 

Eunha turned her head to look into ShinB's eyes and asked, "Promise?"

 

"I promise you with the twinkling stars and the sky," ShinB responded in a confident tone, "we will be friends forever, all of us," and she promised, with her youthful, naive heart. 

 

Eunha felt her heart flutter at ShinB's words, but there was still a tight knot that has yet to be settled. She blinked and tears were seen to have formed in her eyes. 

 

ShinB was starting to get worried. "What's wrong unnie?" she asked, her voice heavily tinted with concern. 

 

Eunha shook her head immediately and looked down. "Nothing, I just don't want to let you go," she admitted. She hung her head low and had her hair covering her face, for she didn't want the younger to see her cry. 

 

"You don't need to," ShinB sincerely replied and placed her arm on Eunha's, rubbing her arm in hopes of comforting her. 

 

Eunha unexpectedly releases a hiccup from her crying that put her hiding all to no avail, which alerted ShinB that she was crying. 

 

"Unnie!" ShinB was shocked to realise that the elder was crying. Panic and confusion overcame her, along with the pain and sorrow of seeing one of her best friends cry.

 

"Unnie please," ShinB sobbed as she pleaded for Eunha to stop. 

 

"Pabo yah, why are you crying?" Eunha sniffed in attempt to stop her crying, feeling guilty for making ShinB cry along with herself.

 

ShinB lightly punched Eunha, saying, "That should be what I'm asking you, pabo."

 

"After we graduate, my parents want me to get back into acting, because they think I won't be able go get into SKY," Eunha whispered in sorrow. "I don't want to leave, really," she looked up to face ShinB and tears began streaming down her cheeks again. 

 

"No, you will get into SKY, we will get into SKY, any one, and we will stay together," ShinB was firm but she started crying along with the older girl. "That's why you're here anyway, it's a study trip and the undeveloped area keeps us away from distractions," ShinB continued after they both calmed down for a bit. 

 

"My parents complained that I could've stayed home instead," Eunha lamented, and deep inside ShinB could feel a conflict between herself, the girls and her parents. It wasn't new; it had been there for long. It has first been arised since she tried to argue to continue her education, while her parents said the scholarship was just for high school and she could never get further. 

 

"Don't give up, unnie, don't," ShinB found herself pleading, grabbing Eunha by both her arms. Tears continued to trickle down her face. "Yerin unnie skipped a year that she could use for university, and Sowon unnie even skipped two! And that was for us all to go to university together, even if you unnies have to wait," she reasoned, her desperate eyes searching for an answer within Eunha's. "We promised," she released her hands from Eunha. More tears threatened to fall, but ShinB blinked them in. Eunha's eyes turn soft with relief, and ShinB stretched her arms out for a comforting hug. 

 

 


 

 

Took the promise part from the lyrics of My Buddy in their album of Flower Bud!! That song has beautiful and innocent lyrics that suit perfectly this storyline. This chapter is a little longer I guess? Nowadays I'm quite busy so from now onwards I'll only be writing when I feel like taking a break from all the work and stress, which might be quite frequent- but don't expect a quick update, I'm sorry >< I hope you enjoy the story so far!