ONE

기억해 / Me gustas tu

"Hey, I've found them!" both ShinB and Eunha heard Sowon shout in the distance, and watched her as she waved her hands in a direction towards behind the house, probably calling the rest over. 

 

"Come, let's go over and meet them shall we?" ShinB wiped her tear-stained face and stood up, trying hard to show a smile. 

 

Eunha appreciated the effort, and did likewise. Before they could even find the rest, the other four were quicker and were already making their way towards the duo, running in the field as their hair flew with the night wind brushing lightly against their faces. 

 

"Thanks for the invite," Sowon sarcastically said facing ShinB and Eunha. Umji was seen to be laughing at the back. 

 

The other four plopped themselves down on the soft grass beneath them, as they admire the summer night sky above them. 

 

"Sowon unnie," Eunha called, earning a hum from the eldest. "You're waiting three years for your elder brother?"

 

Sowon blinked. She was shocked to receive such a question. "You girls know my main idea of waiting is for you," she then answered, her tone obvious that she was speaking what she truthfully felt. "If it wasn't for my parents who told me to wait till he was out of the army, I still would wait," she was firm in her tone, and she tried to let the girls believe her that it was them that was her priority. 

 

ShinB looked at Eunha and narrowed her eyes, frowning at what Eunha was questioning. Eunha sighed, but ShinB patted her head empathetically. 

 

"Don't try and make fun of my height," Eunha pouted and ShinB laughed. The girls were looking at them awkwardly, before all of them burst into laughter unanimously without a good reason. 

 

"Why the sudden question though?" Sowon couldn't help but be concerned. 

 

Eunha did not answer. 

 

"Tell us what's on your mind please, we'll be spending the next one month with each other anyway," Yerin pleaded. 

 

Eunha looks towards ShinB, who encouragingly nodded, and flashed a smile of empathy. 

 

Eunha let out a small sigh and swallowed to begin, "My parents want me to get back into acting because they think I won't be able go get into SKY," she explained once again.

 

"So? You can get into SKY," Yerin responded plainly, "and you can go back into acting after that. We will get into SKY together," she was full of conviction. 

 

"I just..." Eunha couldn't find the right words to use. 

 

"They don't want you to study any further right?" Yuju spoke in place of Eunha. "It's okay, really, you've got us," Yuju continued to encourage the elder. 

 

"We'll all be together, forever," Umji tried her best to smile, "right?"

 

"Yes, even in times of trouble," ShinB joined in. 

 

Tears uncontrollably began to fall from Eunha's eyes. "We'll be friends forever right?" she could not help but reiterate the question in her mind. 

 

"Yes, we will be friends forever!" the girls said at the same time, all the them starting to cry as well. 

 

"Promise we'll be together forever!" Sowon stretched out her arm to the centre as they formed a circle, kneeling over and moving on their knees as they did so. 

 

Everyone placed their hands out in the middle, and they said together, "We promise."

 

The girls soon sat around in the circle, before they start to be scattered all around as they gaze at the stars in the sky. 

 

"Yahh Yuju ah, sing something," Yerin asked out of the blue. 

 

"Sunbaenim, explain why I am Yuju again?" Yuju disregarded the topic and attackes Yerin with another question. 

 

"Stop with the sunbaenim!" Yerin began complaining. 

 

"Yerin unnie's the only one without a special name," ShinB turned over and rests her head on her folded arms.  

 

"That's because we seriously couldn't come up with another name for her," Eunha started to join in the conversation. 

 

"That's okay because I can call her sunbaenim forever," Yuju had her arms folded, and the girls were all chuckling, except the two in question. 

 

"Please, that was a long time ago and I've apologised so many times already," Yerin rolled her eyes.

 

The girls did not stop their laughter. ShinB even snorted, which earned a whack from Yuju. She was already lying on the grass due to the pain in her stomach that came from the laughing. 

 

"Unnie, what happened?" Umji was evidently excited.

 

"Let me guess, is it that seminar situation?" Sowon decided to poke fun. 

 

"Oh yeah! I remember that," Eunha joined in. "Should I tell?" she was giggling with the rest. They nodded their heads in anticipation. 

 

"So this was last year, when we were still 10th graders and Yerin unnie was a 11th grader, there was this seminar where they met and Yuju had addressed Yerin unnie as 'unnie' but was corrected by unnie's classmates to call her 'sunbaenim' instead," Eunha explained excitedly. 

 

"It was utterly embarrassing!" Yuju cupped her face and rested it on her hands as she lied down on the grass, frowning. 

 

"But you've met countless of times and you still call unnie that?" Umji was finding the situation extremely amusing. 

 

"Apparently yes!" the annoyance was obvious in Yerin's voice. "I demand you to stop calling me that," she grimaced, "I'm really sorry, okay?" she apologized one last time. 

 

"Okay, sunbaenim," she said, stressing on the last word again. 

 

Yerin clicked her tongue in annoyance. 

 

"Okay! Just let me call you that one last time alright, unnie," Yuju laughed at the senior's reaction. 

 

"Eunha unnie?" Umji calls out with that ever youthful and adorable voice that would always make the rest admit that their maknae was truly cute. 

 

"Hmm?" she releases a soft hum, slowly turning her head to face the maknae. 

 

"Tomorrow Sowon unnie will tutor us geography, but you don't take that subject, along with Yuju unnie, so would you two kindly please get some food for us while you're free?" Umji had been given the job of the begging, and sure enough she was successful at it, with Eunha almost agreeing after a pout. 

 

"No no no, Eunha yah don't agree to it-" Yuju groaned once again, the time before was when the four were discussing it in the vacation house. 

 

"Say yes or Yen-nim will do her aegyo," Yerin added, already building up on the aegyo since the request, by currently speaking in a third person's point of view and calling her own nickname. The girls cringed at her nasal voice. 

 

Eunha released a small sigh, but agreed with a smile after, "Fine."

 

"Kim Yewon, you are so going to get it from me!" Yuju sat up then stood on her two feet. Umji followed suit and then ran off as Yuju gave chase. "Sunbaenim, you as well!"

 

"Stop calling me sunbaenim!" Yerin was next to shout in annoyance. 

 

The others sat up in laughter as they were amused by the scene before them. It was not long before Sowon, as the motherly figure, had all of them gather to get back in the vacation house to begin turning in.  

 


 

 

I apologize for the late update!! Initially I finished writing it already, but I lost it TT_TT In the previous chapter Eunha was supposed to "get back home" after high school but I changed it into "get back into acting" and instead of to "stay in Seoul" I changed it to to "continue her education". So yeah like real life, Eunha would have been a child actor. This was because I found out Eunha's actual hometown is Seoul and I really don't wanna change much. Yeap, hope it's not confusing!