그런 날에 (Someday)

기억해 / Me gustas tu

ShinB tapped the pencil on the table with her chin resting on her hand. 

 

Sowon began to be irritated by the obvious boredom of the younger girl. "Pay attention, Eunbi-ah," she chided. 

 

"Why are you calling me by my real name?" ShinB unreasonably added a complaint. 

 

"Aish, you're complaining so much," Sowon let out a grunt, "and it's not like I can call you that when Eunha is around."

 

"Sowon unnie, Sowon umma, Sojung umma, Jung umma!" Umji randomly blurted out, unexpectedly creating a new nickname for their eldest. 

 

"What do you want?" Sowon yelled at the younger, before her lips curved to form a pout. 

 

"Nothing Jung umma, just continue," Umji giggled, amused and impressed by her own thoughts. 

 

Yerin shook her head and laughed at the two maknaes. "Come on, we have to finish this chapter before they come back, or else we won't be able to eat without finishing this chapter," Yerin managed to gain their attention at the mention of food. 

 

"Alright, let's continue!" ShinB and Umji exclaimed at the same time, which breaks the girls into laughter. 

 

The girls began to be so focused it surprised Sowon. They were so attentive that they finished studying the chapter before Eunha and Yuju were back. While waiting for the two, they walked out of the vacation house for some fresh air. 

 

"Sowon unnie!" the four turned around to the source of the voice, to see Yuju running towards them with one bag in hand. 

 

"How can you carry just one bag and make Eunha carry everything else?" Yerin eyed the younger, resulting in her protesting with an explanation. 

 

"Sowon unnie, Eunha got so much more than we needed even though I told her it was enough, so now she's gonna carry everything," Yuju complained to their eldest. 

 

"Yahh what happened to you, you rarely complain so much," Sowon replied with annoyance, before going over to help Eunha with the rest of the bags. 

 

"Whatever, food is never too much," Umji shrugged her shoulders and giggled, along with ShinB and Yerin, before they all broke into chuckles.

 

"Omo what's inside this?" Sowon let out a cry of despair as she held onto the heavy baggage. "It's so heavy," Sowon whined while bringing it over to the rest of the girls. "How did you carry it all the way back here?" she asked Eunha in disbelief. 

 

"Ugh what's this," Sowon groaned as she settled the bag on the platform, where the rest of the girls were seated. 

 

Yerin stood on her knees and moved over to the edge, in curiosity about what the bag might contain. 

 

"A watermelon!" she shrieked in surprise, with a wide smile plastered on her face. 

 

"Eunha why did you have to bring that watermelon back?" Yuju was still complaining.

 

"The ahjumma insisted!" Eunha tried to reason. "She said it would be good because she's been waiting all summer for it to ripen," Eunha explained. 

 

"Well, tonight's supper!" ShinB suggested, and everyone started cheering. 

 

"Let's eat!" They sat down and began to eat, their lunch full of delicacies the two managed to buy from other villagers. They savoured the delicious kimchi, tteokguk and other traditional dishes in silence, before it was broken by Yerin. 

 

"I can't believe we actually have the whole summer vacation to spend here," Yerin spoke, only to be reprimanded by Sowon for speaking with full. 

 

"It's unsightly," Sowon stated in disgust, earning a pout from Yerin.

 

"Let's have fun this summer!" ShinB said and raised a fist into the air, earning cheers from everyone, well, except for one missing voice. 

 

They looked around to see Eunha sitting at the edge, not yet touching any food. "Eunha unnie!" Yuju called out and waved in front of her face to catch her attention. 

 

Eunha was stunned and smiled. "Yes?" she asked, her eyes clueless. 

 

"You've been daydreaming again?" Yerin pouted in worry of the quiet girl. 

 

"Unnie, don't worry about it, we already promised we'd be together forever," Umji flashed an encouraging smile. 

 

Eunha tried to force a smile and nodded. She then started to eat, along with the rest. 

 

The girls had a great time over the meal, although it took up only about a good twenty minutes because they were such huge eaters. Eunha soon forgot about her mishaps and was beginning to be absorbed into eating and the fun with the rest of the girls. 

 

"Unni-deul, we should play a game," Umji suggested as they were soon finishing up all their food. 

 

"What?" there was a slight tinge of annoyance in Yuju's voice, the rest of it with a tone of suspicion. She was getting used to the maknae's playfulness and was starting to be wary of her mischief. 

 

Umji looked at the aftermath of their lunch on the table before turning away to face ShinB, her counterpart in terms of age, and not forgetting, in terms of their games. 

 

"Alright, I got it!" ShinB snapped her fingers and sat up straight. "Whoever loses will clean this all up!" she winked, which sent all the elder girls into cringes. 

 

Umji giggled and winked back. "Simply, rock-paper-scissors!" she grinned widely. 

 

The other girls sighed and decided to comply, for they knew that they too would benefit if they were to win. 

 

"Aish, you girls," Yerin grumbled, "we'll just do this then, since it's this simple, and if you guys lose you'll be the ones cleaning up anyway," she narrowed her eyes at the two youngest ones. 

 

Umji giggled again. "Don't be too quick to be confident, unnie," she laughed. 

 

"One match only!" ShinB shouted before they expressionlessly decided to play. 

 

"Rock, paper, scissors!" They said together. Luckily, all of them showed only either stone or scissors. The three eldest girls were, unfortunately, the girls to show scissors. 

 

"Kim Yewon, I'm not going to talk to you for the next one month," Yerin couldn't help but let out a grunt. Umji merely flashed a smile and let out her signature giggle. 

 

"Let's just stop complaining and clean up, aish," there was obviously a look of irritation drawn on Sowon's face. 

 

"This is unfair. You guys are unfair," Eunha continued after, pouting at ShinB and Umji. 

 

ShinB chuckled together with Umji, while Yuju stayed silent in guilt, although silently contented about having won the game. 

 


 

 

I really loveeeee Sowon as a motherly figure. Man she has that umma face and she takes great care of the members. Did u see how she covered umji's eyes in the MV when they spotted a kiss scene in the manhwa!! And how she led the group everywhere (like the convenience store) yes I really love her as the umma of gfriend haha. This fic is really fun to write!! Getting inspiration from watching the mv and whatnot hahaa~ I wrote this chapter, more than half, like beforehand which explains why this update is so quick. And I figured I want to update something today so I finished this first! I hope it was okay. Thanks for reading! <3