하늘 아래서 (Under the Sky)

기억해 / Me gustas tu

2005.

 

"Why is this taking so long," ShinB whined as the group of girls walked down the sandy path, looking for the vacation house they were supposed to stay in for the rest of their study trip this summer vacation.

 

"Don't tell me we're lost again?" Eunha added in an innocent voice. 

 

"No no, definitely not," Yuju said and signed in exhaustion. "Right Sowon unnie?" she looked towards their eldest and asked. 

 

"I've read the map correctly this time," Sowon reassured the rest, picturing the map in her head once again. 

 

"Sure?" Yerin asked for confirmation. 

 

"Yes, don't make me take it out of my bag again," Sowon replied sharply. 

 

"Okay, okay," Yuju laughed at the unnies' behaviour. "Why don't you just hold it while walking though?" she added a question. 

 

"It's troublesome!" Sowon lamented, as she wearily carried herself down the path. 

 

"So we have to spend our whole vacation studying?" Umji added another complaint to their conversation. 

 

"It's bothersome, and we aren't even taking the entrance exams this year," ShinB further continued, referring to herself and Umji. 

 

"Yahh, you're always whining," Yuju was beginning to be annoyed with ShinB. 

 

"Think of it positively as that you're learning things ahead so that next year when you're turn comes you'll be more prepared," Eunha smiles and tries to shift the direction of the conversation, "besides, a whole month alone with just the six of us would be great right?" 

 

"Yes!" the girls cheered at the thought of spending the whole holidays with just one another. 

 

Yerin looked around, her hand shielding her eyes from the sun, before realising that they were near their destination. The smile in her face grew wider. 

 

They walked a little further, until they noticed the vacation house, that they finally got to see with their own two eyes, and not through pictures. 

 

"There!" they exclaimed and pointed to it, in excitement. They clapped their hands together and jumped, before making their way into the house. 

 

"Ahjumma!" Sowon called out to the owner of the house as she knocked on the door, peeking her head in. The girls crowded around the entrance and peeked in along with their eldest. 

 

"Ah girls, you're finally here!" a lady aged in her sixties appeared from inside with a wide smile that Sowon reciprocated, with a bow. "I've been waiting," she welcomed them with the warmth of the countryside. 

 

"Ahjumma annyeonghaseyo," the girls bowed. 

 

She smiled even wider. "I live just down this path, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask!" she friendly continued. "And if you need to get food, just go around the villagers and they'll be able to sell some to you or maybe even give them to you- just bring some money in case," the smile was still bright on her face, and the girls could feel their heart full of joy as they bowed once again before the woman had gone home. 

 

They soon settled down in the house, their baggage sprawled all over the floor, with no intentions of neatly arranging them. 

 

"Let's see what we brought!" Umji suggested and they nodded vigorously as they began unpacking.

 

"How can you bring so little things?" ShinB was referring to those who only had a backpack, while unpacking her luggage. She glanced at Eunha who was the only other girl who did not have only a small bag. "It'll be one month you know," she continued. 

 

"What did you pack that you need a whole luggage?" Yuju threw the question back at ShinB. 

 

ShinB pouted and turned around to face her. "Clothes and study materials, of course," she raised an eyebrow while answering. 

 

"Actually, we could do the laundry here too," Eunha suddenly raised the idea. 

 

Sowon laughed when some of the girls groaned. "Come on, learn some things about the rural lifestyle here too," she added. 

 

"Weren't we already planning to do that by bringing so little stuff?" Yerin responded and laughed. 

 

"Let's go out, it's boring here," Umji was starting to whine. Sowon could only sigh at how their two maknaes were always demanding. 

 

"You're always asking for something aren't you?" Sowon said after, "And you too, Hwang Eunbi."

 

"What?" ShinB was obviously cross for being dragged into the situation and called by her full name, but had to maintain her annoyance because Sowon was ultimately elder than her. She placed her arms on her hip and pouted. 

 

"Let's go out then!" Yerin brightened the situation up and invited everyone to the yard. 

 

They lay down on the platform under the hot sun, with nothing really to do but to grumble about the heat. It was before an idea hit ShinB that she sat up and walked away from the platform. 

 

The girls were beginning to get suspicious of her for she was always very playful. It was not long before she had her hands on the water hose and was spraying everyone with water. 

 

They all stood up and ran around, except Sowon, who was left and ended up wet by the water. They played around the place, laughing and avoiding the water, having so much fun they were forgetting about the heat. 

 

Soon the water hose ended up in Yerin's hands, and they continued their game of attacking the girls with the water. When they were beginning to be tired, Sowon took over the hose and held it up high for the other girls to enjoy the cool water. They could not deny how much fun they had for the afternoon. 

 

It was nearing evening that they soon found themselves resting on the platform once again, before they were unexpectedly called by the ahjumma.

 

"I cooked extra dinner today, come over and have them!" the girls cheered and went over to the ahjumma's place without hesitation, clapping their hands in excitement. 

 


 

 

I've thought about this plot before the song was out, and surprisingly in the MV the girls were on a trip to the rural areas too, so I thought maybe I could use some scenes. Notice this is when they are still students; the year is 2005, and the story is told in past tense as a flashback. In present day which you'll find out the year when the part of the story comes, the tense will be present, like the foreword (which I've just changed it today into present tense). Yeap I hope you enjoy this fic!