Chapter 4

FATE ~ EXO FanFic ~

 

This chapter is extremely cliché but, please bare with it haha. Its part of the plot.

 

Five days ago after Diana's accidental' fame, we were afraid to step out of our room. The topic got featured in the news, and mentioned on twitter as a trending topic for two days tops. I can tell Diana was hiding that squeal as we saw the news talk about the incident which happened five days ago.

"I feel famous." I sipped my water, seeing her speak while looking down at her phone.

"You should feel famous."

Diana set her phone down and smiled wide. She hid her face and smiled even wider. "I want it to happen again." Forming a cute pout soon after.

"People noticed you yesterday." I mentioned. "It wasn't as mad as the first time."

"I wish I was famous." She said impatiently. "I better get chosen. Let's practice more, shall we?"

I groaned but went back to my spot. We were both sweating inside the empty dance room. Resting before we danced again. Diana practically made me learn a dance for our audition for the YG Company this week. To come to think of it, why should I even take it serious?

Diana lead me to the center, making me pay attention to her. Honestly, I was thinking about going to bed already. A nice peaceful nap, wrapped in a warm blankets. Snuggling close to the pillow. "Ya!" Diana shouted. My attention again was forced on her.

"Ok, this might sound erted but when you hear, Geurae wolf, move your hip to the side, and look irresistible and y. At naega wolf auuu- get on your knees, spread the like this," she demonstrated, "flip your hair to the side, close legs, turn to the other side, open your legs again, and wink at A saranghaeyo. It should look something like this." She played the song, showing me in normal speed.

"Wow." She does it so cool.

Nope, can't do it. Never in a million years.

"Nope."

"Steph, go." Backing up, I shake my head. "C'mon, c'mon, do it we are almost there."

"Ok. I will try!" I obeyed.

Awkward. That is exactly how it seem, looked, and how I felt. With long legs, I almost tripped over nothing. Disgusting enough, I began to sweat even more by just one little move. Naturally I couldn't act ual. It is just not me. "You can do it," Diana encouraged. It only made me try harder. I ended up getting the step in no time, but still looking scetchy.

Next it was singing. Yes. I nearly was looking forward to it. Since it was getting late, we decided to head back to our hotel and sing there. "Which song will you perform?" Diana asked, setting her stuff at the end of her bed.

"I was thinking. . ."

"Mhm," anticipated Diana.

"I think I can really master singing Emotions."

Diana almost spit the water she just drank, "Jinjja!!"

"What? You think I can't sing it." I should of known it was a bad choice.

"Anio~" She replied. "You really going to sing such powerful song. . . from Miriah Carey?"

"I can do a whistle pitch."

"Steph, if you sing that song. Um~" She paused, for a long time. "It will be perfect for your voice, unnie! Plus, they usually choose korean singers. So, don't worry about getting picked." Diana cleared at the end, with an awkward smile.

"You okay there?" I asked, sensing the weird vibe.

"I need to , be right back." She ran to the restroom, leaving me regretful for my song choice. Still doing it either way.

 

~~

 

Diana was standing in front of the mirror, judging herself with every possible insulting word. She squat down, hugging her legs close to her chest. "We're next, and I know I gonna mess up." She softly said. I kneeled in front of her, setting my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey," I reply, "Why are you thinking that way? Even if you don't get chosen, Diana, you are a great dancer. Being known is hard or to become what you want. It takes time. Especially fame. It's hard. Learn from my experience. It took me ten years, Diana. Ten."

Diana looked up, hearing my voice shake while I talked. It was hard to continue because what she is going through happened exactly to me.

"I may not show it but, I am in a movie. The lead character After years, I can finally hold on to it." With this, Diana's brown eyes lit up. We both stood up, and she nodded. "I know." She nodded again.

"I was there for you everytime you were turned down or not called back."

"Now I have yours." I pat both shoulders, "fighting." my hands in front of my chest, as a gesture of encouragement.

The doors opened. A man well-dressed came out signaling us to follow him, taking us and three other girls as a next group. It's time. Seriously, my nerves were kicking in. It seems like my first audition to be casted Camp Rock. It was the worst feeling in the world, hearing my heart pump at fast pace. It scares me when the pulse sounded like it was going to burst out of my chest. So loud it was felt inside my ears.

I could imagine Diana's nerves as we walked inside the room. She looked back to me, giving me a nervous smile. Her gulp was audible when she turned forward. "Fighting." I whispered lowly. She didnt reply but, took a deep breath.

The room was white and plain. Inside was a male with a camera, and on the side three korean men with paper in front of the table. Judges. I can tell by the way they were judging their eyes on all of us. It made me angry but, brushed it off when we took a seat. There were five chairs and in front of us, I assume, where we display our talent.

"We will start with dancing. Remember when you are up here, don't introduce yourself because we have your documents in front of the judges." The corrdinator spoke, walking to the back.

The corrdinator spoke Korean. Meaning, I didn't know what we exactly we had to do. Diana whispered in my ear what he said, making me sigh in relief. "Ok." No introduction but our act. Got it. Dang, so nerve-racking. This isn't even my passion. This is for my best friend. Yes.

A number was called, making me peek who it was. It was a girl next to Diana. She bowed to the judges, then stood at the center of the where we will perform. The camera man signaled an ok, and she commenced. The girl moved so quick, extremely intimidating compared to what I learned. Though, her face seemed more focused on her moves other than having the adrenaline rush of the song.

It was one minute long. Anxiously waiting, it seemed more than that. As soon as they stopped her. They called Diana's number. She gulped, and stood up with a confident face. It was almost like she wasn't nervous anymore. I quickly turned to the judges if they reacted to her confidence. Instead I saw them eyeing her from top to bottom. Oh no, I gulped. That will make her even more tense. The men began to write down who knows what on their paper, making die of curiousity. What worried me more was the choosing their next trainee because if she doesn't get in. . . depression will hit her hard. She wants this more anything in the world. Please, please, let her dreams come true, God. She worked so hard. She had sleepless nights. I beg you to lighten her dream to reality. Please. Just please. My hands were crossed, squinting so hard talking to Him in my mind. There was a vibe of a hopelessness. It was almost as if I can feel that there is no hope. No sign of a miracle. This is just impossible. No matter what I will be there for her.

"Go." Diana said next to me. It's my turn? Shoot. I missed Diana's dance audition. I stood quickly, looking back at her expression. She looked down immediately, showing nothing but the top of her head. Inside I felt like and idiot that my focus was not on her and the other half is here. Here, behind a blue taped line in front of judges. Wow, this feels really weird. My eyes turned back to the judges, seeing as they examined my body. Quickly touching my different figure from other girls here. I bow, and smile wide with bright eyes.

As I walked to put my song to play, I almost trip over wires. Great. They ignore that and eye'd me back to where I stood a few seconds ago. One minute. It started with both knees on the floor and jumped up when the song burst with sound. 'Try to look y,' echoed Diana's voice in my head. 'But also look cute and wink here and there,' I heard again. So, my body moved to Diana's awesome choreography with her favorite Korean boyband as my audition song. Never felt so awkward moving my body so ually. I bit my lips, wiping my lower lip whilst looking at the camera man as a big finish. What did I just do. I was tired and panting. I did it. Bowing, I walked towards Diana with a big grin on my face.

It was actually pretty fast. Diana had open as I walked back, "what?"

"You did really good." She replied in the most lowest tone. "I'm proud of you Steph." "

You too, Diana, you too." I praised my best friend, then turned back to the next person.Even if I didn't see her, she looked amazing last night as she practiced.

Next was singing. We prepared an English song to sing acapella. It went in order once again. The girl next to Diana rapped extremely fast, instead of a singing song. Rapping was never my thing, so I fiddled with my fingers as she did her act.

I cleared my throat, and felt flem. No. You have to be kidding me. I can't sing if flem was chilling on the back of my throat. I cleared my throat again, and this time it attracted attention to man at the judge table. Turning away, I tapped my throat. Then Diana stood. It is her turn. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

Confidence is written on her face, walking up like it was a catwalk. It made me want to jump and clap with joy. With a fierce start, the judges nodded their head. Yes! They were impressed by Diana's rapping. My fingers were still tightly crossed just hoping. When it was my turn, I cleared my throat once again. It was weird because both the first girl and Diana rapped in Korean. Then it will be me, singing a English song. Here goes nothing.

Thirty seconds to a minute was our limit. I thought singing the end of the second verse, ending with my whistle tone. That was the plan.

You've got me feeling emotions

Deeper than I ever dream

Ooh baby, you've got me feeling emotions

Higher than the heavens above

Please do screw up Steph, I told myself. It shouldn't matter either way. Chances are I won't be getting in. I am not Korean. Dang, but still. My body was shaking. I tried not to make eye contact with no one. Absolutely no soul in this room. My small American eyes focused in the white wall in front me, passed the judges. My mouth and vocals did the work. Just inching closer and closer to that whistle. Why did I choose this powerful song again? Whistle tone. In three, two, and one. Forcing my voice to go higher whilst grabbing my ear. Is it sounding well? It sounds bad, I just know it. I was to shy to continue. I looked down with red cheeks and trembled like a scared chihuahua. It made me go light-headed for a second. All that matters that it was done with.

"We want to hear more," spoke a judge.

Looking up in shock, did he just talk? Is he suppose to? What do I do? I didn't understand him at all. It made me turn to Diana, making me squint as she hand signaled me. What is that hand gesture suppose to mean? It was silent.

"Do you speak Korean?" He spoke again.

What do I do! Maybe he said, next contestant. I bowed and began to walk away. My legs felt so wobbly. "No!" whispered Diana, pointing behind me.

"You. Tell her what I said."

"Ne." Diana replied with a nod. "They want to hear more. Go!"

"What!" I scream whispered, looking back at them. "Are you sure?"

"Dude, go!"

"Okay, okay."

Diana gave me a sly smile before turning back. I walked back up to the same spot, but I honestly didn't want to sing again. The judges all smiled at me as they adjusted their papers. I took a deep breath and sang the last part. It was hard to sing because I barely began to train my voice back in the states to reach the whistle tone. Naturally before, it wasn't there. My fear was the loss of my voice for using it too much. But as I continue, my voice felt softer. Just wishing I don't crack.

This time I look at the judges as I used dangerously pushed my high note to reach that heaven like sound. Surprisingly enough they look thrilled. I also saw one lean their head to another and the other guy returned the response. Its bad. So I stopped immediately. They are definitely making fun of it.

"Diana, come."

I heard Diana come out of his sentence. Quickly turning to signaling her to come. She quickly paced herself over in a second.

"Ye?" Diana bowed.

"We want you guys."

Diana collapsed to the floor. "Diana!" I squat in speed. The judges rushed to her, saying who knows what. Judging from her face she did not look sick or like she fainted. She was crying. The judges all cued an "ah" in realization of her reaction.

"What?" I shook Diana. "Why are you crying?"

"We made it, Steph."

Her sentence was hard to understand because she kept stuttering at every word. It took me time to realize what she meant.

So that means. . . "What!"