Chapter 3

FATE ~ EXO FanFic ~

Here is another quick chapter!

Chapter Three

 

 

 

Light. I can feel the light in front of me. It was shining right in my face. Slowly beginning to waken me with energy. I fluttered my eyes open, but not all the way. Squinting in cause of daylight. I jerked up in full speed. "Ah." I grimace, grabbing my head. Dang, my head hurts.

"Steph." I heard my name.

Seeing Diana I, in no doubt, remembered. Was it a dream? It seem utterly real. From the plane ride, to what we ate, and what happen in the shop. The appalling scene of a booming mob. It felt almost as if it came about.

Ouch. I tsk, wondering why my upper body felt soreness. My arm felt such discomfort. "Diana, I feel so freaking sore.... dude our flight!" I leaped, hearing Diana stay 'stop'. So, I did.

What. The. Heck. This is certainly not my room. This place is white, looking high priced with expensive looking everything. No where near our apartment. Plus, the room looked humongous and perhaps never used. It wasn't even a bedroom. It seemed more like a business waiting area. I took a spin back to Diana, having the worst scenarios come to mind. Frightened, and confused. This must be another dream. At least I hope it is. "What happen? Where are we?" It even made me gulp of terror to receive an answer. Before she spoke, I jogged back and forth figuring out where the heck we got ourselves into. Looking like a complete psycho. Perhaps more like that one dumb person who makes stupid decisions in a horror movie which dies at the beginning.

I couldn't keep negativity away from my thoughts. There was at least four doors to exit, wondering what hid behind the other side. We got kidnapped. I know it. We got robbed by a rich man who wants us to become slaves. No, no, no! Please let this be all a prank. Tears began to fall down my cheeks, running back to Diana.

"Steph!" She screams. "Listen to me." Her hand pulled me to sit down on the couch I was laying on. "Okay." She took a deep breath.

It's going to be something horrible. A nightmare even! I am not prepared to hear it. Nope. My nerves and mind will not accept it. So, I raised my hands to my ears, stopping to hear any sound. Diana tried to put my hands down but refused to. "No! I knew this would happen!" I cried out. "I knew we would get sold to be es!"

"Dude!" Diana shouted, and cuffed my hands forward. "STEPH!" Slapping my face after her shout. My best friend just slap me, I thought whilst caressing my cheek. "Sorry, but it was the only way. You're confused right now. You fainted when we were getting mobbed by fans."

"Fans?"

"Yes, fans. The crowd of people thought I was. . . they thought I was an idol."

"Like from American Idol?"

Diana laughed, but why? My head was pulsing in pain in cause of this topic. It was hard to understand what she meant. "Ahni." She replied. "They think I am famous." Her expression was radiant. I definitely see the joy in her eyes. Especially the way her smile stretched from cheek-to-cheek.

Famous? Like in cartoons or animations, my mouth fell to the floor. "What? How?" I couldn't believe my ears. Now this HAS to be a dream because things like this do not happen. My head shook in disagreement but, Diana nodded in agreement. I disagreed. She agreed.

"No. ."

"Yes."

"No. . ."

"Steph, yes! Why do you think they crowded me!?"

"No!"

"Why do you think they took pictures of me?"

"It can't be true."

"Why do you think their were paparazzi's?"

It began click, as the memory flashed back. Screams of the crowd. Flashes from their camera or cellphone. Even more brighter flashes from the paparazzi, making me go nearly blind. Everything made sense --everything.

I took a look back at Diana. She is still waiting for a reply. "Oh, my gosh." I whisper. "Oh my gosh!" Hugging her with joy. Suddenly I stop with a puzzled look. "Dude, but with who? Did you know you looked like her?"

"Yes." She confessed. "It's a girl named Minzy. She is in a famous girl group in 2ne1. I didn't think they would confuse me to her. Never in a million years did I think this will happen, Steph."

"You look happy."

"I am Steph." Her eyes glowed. "So happy that they see me pretty like her. Like an idol."

"Wow." I would feel the same if I were to be in her postion. "Wait," I paused, "so what happens now? If you walk out they will mob you again! I don't want that."

"Hold that thought. You're wondering why you're here, right? Well this is a company." Diana made a big gesture with her hands, showing me the room we were in. "This is the waiting room in the YG Company."

Basically, Diana told me that YG Company is a well known music industry along side with SM Entertainment. They are always competitive. These companies welcome fellow residents or even internationally to audition in hope to become a trainee. Simple, but not that simple. People either get chosen or not. It is indeed nerve-racking. Whether you get famous or not. If they recruit you; consider yourself lucky. Trainee's sometimes get to debut.

"So. . . why are we here?" I asked.

"They still think I am Minzy. . . I have to tell them the truth." Diana's grin subsided in a second. Of course she would become upset. I assume this girl group is big in the charts in Korea.

"Do you want to become famous here in Korea?" I said, looking at Diana fiddling with her fingers. "And if you do, would you. . . live here?"

The sound of loud high heel clanks made us both turn. We jerked up in surprise of the woman's appearance. Diana bowed next to me, making me wonder why. She took my arm, making me bend. "Bow, it is a sign of respect." She whispered. "Oh."

We bowed at a ninety degree angle, and made contact with the tall Asian lady soon after. As soon as she began to speak, I understood nothing. She made eye contact with both Diana and I every so often, in hope she didn't ask me anything. Her attention went only towards Diana, looking as serious. I flinched when Diana pitched a loud scream, while grabbing my arm. She let the lady continue, and bowed plenty of times in the end of the conversation.

"What happen? I bet it's good news!"

"Well, they saw that I was not Minzy."

I thought she'd be upset about that. Scratching my head, I fake smiled. "Should you be happy?"

"They want me to audition for the upcoming auditions! Do you know how big this is for me? I auditioned back in 2012 for the SM Entertainment company for fun with Nona, remember her? 2013 I auditioned again but didn't get a call back. My Korean between those two years. Now, they want me to audition!?" She twirled, making me spin as well.

"Why haven't you told me this?" I glared, setting both arms on my chest. "If you audition, get chosen to be a trainee. . . and get put into a group. Will you risked everything you have at home for here?"

Diana with a doubt opened to answer, stopping letting no words out. It was almost she regret what she was to say. She has this thing where if she likes it; she wants it. Her lips began to pout in no response, looking guilty.

"Ne." She looked down, swishing her left foot back and forth shyly. "Those who are trainee's don't instantly get famous if that's what you think, Steph. Just like your casting in you new big movie, it took time, right?"

"Yes. . ."

"See, it is at least six months or even more just training. I really don't know to be honest. Depending if you are prepared to debut."

"But, isn't expensive to live here? How will you-"

"They pay everything for you," Diana said in excitement, "but so many audition, making it hard to actually get chosen." Her expression changed to a glimpse of sadness.

"Look at how much you improved Diana. Four years ago, you did not know how to freestyle to a song. Remember that one time you showed me your own choreography? We were both stunned. You are great. You know that?" Patting her shoulder as I spoke. It was all true.

"No. . ."

"Well, they will see it. When are auditions?"

"It is monthly. It is strictly for 100 people."

"Let's audition."

"Let's?"

"Best friends do things alone? I'm sure you will get in."

"Are you serious?" She shouted, "shut up!"

"I'm honest."

"And if you get chosen?"

"Diana," I looked at her in disbelief, "I don't even know Korean, dance, but only sing and act. I'm not as talented as you. Just doing it to give you support." Laughing as I spoke, Diana had a smirk on her face. "What?"

"Nothing, gaja."

Grabbing my stuff and thick coat, we rushed out and headed towards our hotel. Knocking my shoes off my feet, and threw my body to the soft mattress. I decide to give my mom a call.

"Stephy!" My mother chirped with glee. "How is Korea?"

My answer wasn't quick, pausing as she finished. "Korea. . ." I raised my brow, "interesting, mom. I'm having so much fun." Biting my fingernails as we converse, I regret not saying the truth. "It's very pretty."

"Well, all your cousins just said hello." My mom laughed. Soon after, I heard my cousins shout my name, making me grin. "We made it safe, thanks to God."

"That's what matters mom. Safety. Don't forget that I love every single one of you, okay?"

"We love you too."

"Speak to you soon, mom. Bye!"

"Bye."

Hanging up, I set my phone to the side. I turned to look at Diana on the other bed, looking up at her phone while laying upwards. If her phone falls on her face, it will make my day. So I continued to stare. Just waiting for the slip of her phone to happen, trying not to laugh due to the scene in my head.

"Mwo?" Diana scowled, throwing me a pillow which took her effort to grab. I laughed once it targeted the side of my thigh. "Omo!" She sat up, fangirling as she saw her phone screen again. "Kai is so hot!"

She continue to fangirl. I need to take a nice relaxing shower. Closing the door, I sighed. What a day. It was kind of scary, but made the best of it. Biting my lips, I felt a a few bruises on my skin. Memories of today's horror, I laughed.