The magical box

There's a Unicorn in My Back Garden (!)

Pwease read >.<

Just a small heads up, I don't know whether it's slightly disturbing at all, but there is some violence in this which some may find not nice XC. It's in itallics and although I would say skip it if you want, it's a vital part of the story, however you can just read it until the end bit, then you can skip that bit. Also there's quite a lot of swearing, but I starred the really bad bits out. Sorry about this, omo, this is supposed to be fluff, but I promise this will be the only chap that's this bad, the others will be full of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows :3.

Anyway, sorry and please enjoy!


 

The moment is like something out of a cheesy and annoying drama.

It also deserves to be burned like most drama's. no hate I love k-dramas this is Sehun's state of mind XD
But luckily Jongin has stopped advancing on top of Lay and just stares up at Sehun in shock, which normally Sehun would be pretty happy about since it makes him look stupid, but the situation overwhelms him and he knows that he's probably pulling exactly the same face.

Why.Is.Lay.Such.An.Idiot?

But Sehun acts cool about the whole thing. He knows that if he overreacts then it'll all just end messily, but if he acts cool about it then hopefully he can get frickin' Kim Jongin out of his home, and off of Lay. Luckily Jongin doesn't seem himself at the moment, shocked more than anything, so Sehun tries to compose himself quicker than the male opposite in the room as an advantage and leans against the door frame, arms crossing and eyebrows furrowing.

"Jongin, are you going to get off my friend?"

Jongin doesn't say anything but finally relaxes his eyes, in which divert down to Lay underneath him as if he's forgotten he was there in the first place, and calmly, strips himself off the unicorn. He doesn't get off completely, but sits at the bottom of the sofa, letting Lay receive his freedom for his legs once again, bringing them up to his body before swinging them over the edge of the sofa and turning his head to look at Sehun with an annoying smile. like he's accomplished something, although he says nothing.

Sehun sighs, pushing himself off the door frame with his body weight, but keeps his arms crossed and a frown placed on his face as he swings his head slightly, while Jongin looks almost...exasperated. 

"Well, are you going to get out?"

"I'm not leaving," the old Jongin comes back for a second, determination in his gaze as he lifts it up to battle against Sehun's for a moment. Sehun tries to not be intimidated, even though he knows what Jongin is capable of, and pushes further, trying his best not to yell, "It wasn't a question Jongin, get out, now!"

Jongin seems slightly surprised by Sehun's confidence, standing with legs slightly apart and a gaze fierce enough to burn through his tanned skin. Lay's smile disappears and drops into a confused frown, asking with a child's voice, "But Sehun he has no where to go, he isn't bad, he's good-"

"Lay, you don't know him, I do! Stop acting like you know everything just because you're ing 12,022 years old! He's dangerous, if you weren't so innocent you would've realised he was flirting with you right now and probably wanted nothing but your body, which is actually a surprise because I thought he hated gays," Sehun rests his gaze back on the poker faced Jongin, continuing, "But obviously not."

Lay doesn't know what to say, obviously he's never been confronted or argued at before, but Sehun doesn't regret it. If he's going to live in this world, then he needs a reality check up. No one serving him, no fixed marriages with perfect princes, no beautiful gardens and endless banquets. Just him and Sehun, versus the world. And in this case, Sehun's world is slowly returning to what it used to be;

Hell, with Jongin and Sehun as the main roles.

Jongin seems to be poisoned because he doesn't do or say anything, just looks back at Sehun with tired looking eyes, as if he's given up. This is music to Sehun's ears, Jongin giving up, but then at the same time it worries him, because it's not Jongin's style at all. Maybe he changed? No, he still tried to make meat out of Lay, and by the sounds of it he still had a smirk to kill, words that can burn. 

Finally Jongin lets out a sigh and slowly crawls his way off the sofa, Lay turning his head, gaze following Jongin as he silently vacated the room without another word, the only extra action would be swooping down to grab a slightly blood stained black jacket. He walks past Sehun in an odd half limp half stumble, and the latter knows that he stole a glance, but ignores it and tries to keep down the pride he feels. He's actually managed to get Jongin out of his house without any fists, and hardly any argument. But quickly the pride sinks inside of him as he hears the door shut with Jongin's leave, and see's Lay's expression.

It's sad, dissapointed maybe as well?

Sehun doesn't know what to say back to the unicorn, he's sure he's done the right thing, in fact he's certain, so why does he regret is slightly?


It's only a month more and I'll be out of this hell hole. no more Chanyeol, no more Jongdae, no More Baekhyun, and most pleasingly, no more Jongin. It sounds too good to be true, but hyung said he'll give me his cottage and that there's a good paid bar near there that I can work at.

It'll be the life I've always dreamed of, even if it means I have to drop out of school earlier, it's not like anyone will miss me.

I make my way to my locker, just another day, I remind myself, and then another and another, and before I know it, I'll be out of this nightmare and into a relaxing dream. I open it up, throwing my stuff in, because I feel like if I do everything quicker then everything else will just pass over just as quickly. But as I grab my stuff inside, the normal equipment, something catches my eye. On the inside of the metal door, there's an envelope stuck to the door, it's pink with a few stars attached to it and it's dripping with glitter. I sigh because I don't know whether it's some genuine cheesy-like love note from a younger year (I have actually received a few love letters strangely enough, but never from girls in my year, as they know I'm anything but popular, but all the younger years see is my looks, which is strangely satisfactory and I wish everyone just treated me by my appearance), or something stupid from a girl in my year.

I snatch it nevertheless and open it up, glitter flying everywhere, making me wince, but I pull out the contents anyway. It's a lilac coloured piece of paper, and there's something slightly heavy and metal sounding at the bottom of the envelope I haven't noticed since I spotted the strange letter, well that's what I'm guessing it is.

I hold the envelope with the mysterious object in one hand as I open up the lilac coloured paper with my fingers on my right hand, and in dark pink pencil is a small letter, as guessed, which I read carefully. 

Dear Oh Sehun,

We have known each over for a long time, and it hurts me to hear that you'll be leaving soon.

Why?

I thought you loved me.

All the times you stared at me with those thirsty eyes, I've just known that you've felt something towards me, and I know it hurt you so much when I denied your love when you finally got the courage to say something, you clung onto me none stop and I just pushed you away. I'm so sorry, but I cannot change how I feel, even now I know you're leaving.

Maybe you cannot get it in your head and can't look at me again.

I am sorry, once again, but I will always think about you.

But I don't hate you, please remember that.

When you let out your love for unicorns, remember how I helped you? And when you let out your gayness, I helped that hard moment in your life too. Even when your parents died, I was always there for you. I just cannot return your feelings.

Please don't cry.

I know you will.

But don't worry, I'll always be here for your little unicorn-loving-heart.

From your bestest, bestest friend, Kim Jongin ♥

I want to be sick. 

I want to cry.

It was bad enough that he has to send me this and...humiliate me, but to mention my parents? No, that just crosses the line. I look up from the letter, as if someone will comfort me, someone will save me, and then I remind myself; it's just a letter, it can't hurt me. And it's not like anyone would/could save me, no one likes me.

However when I do raise my head, tears starting to rise, I look at the lockers around me and the people sticking their noses inside, and I see them all holding a...letter.

A lilac coloured letter.

No, this isn't happening. 

Even though I don't even want to look at it anymore, I look at the pink envelope and I chuck the letter into my locker, and reach my hand for the noisy object. I find myself pulling out a unicorn necklace pendant. It's beautiful, but I can't even acknowledge that because of everything that's happening inside of my mind. I want to scream and cry, and although I've already accomplished the second, I try to hide my head in my locker and try to act like normal; a loner. Hopefully I can wake up in a month time and everything will be better.

But then a strange thing bubbles up inside of me as I scrunch up the paper and push it to the back of my locker.

Anger.

 

 

This is it, I'm going to do it.

They can't hurt me, I just have to remember that.

I have my bag over my shoulder as I walk out of school and around the brick corner that leads to a small alleyway. I know they normally hang out here and I also know that the teachers never venture down this way. I'm correct in both like always as four boys, two smaller than me, one the same height and one towering over me, stand huddled, smoking and laughing among themselves. I tighten my grip around the bag strap as if holding on for dear life. I might as well be hanging off the edge of a cliff than facing these guys.

They spot me standing rigid at the end of the alleyway and laugh, calling me over, and suddenly I grow confidence, striding up to them with an angry expression that I never thought I'd face them with.

I come up right to the four of them, and already the insults start spilling out.

"Hah, look at that angry expression!" Chanyeol laughs, Baekhyun laughing after him like the little straddle he is. I keep my face facing them boldly though, I don't back down, even if that is the main reason why they're laughing at me.

"What is it dear?" Jongdae mocks, showing off a girly curtsy. For some reason they always think I'm a homoual, maybe it's because of the unicorn situation, but even if I remind them time and time again that I don't believe in something so stupid anymore, they keep a hold of it like it's the base of their mockery towards me. 

"Jongdae, you seem to have forgotten," Jongin walks up to me all of a sudden and I become frozen for some reason as he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me in, his face is so close and fear clouds over my vision.

He's so close, and I know I've made a mistake.

"He's mine," he whispers into my ear and it frightens me. I start to struggle, pushing him against his chest, trying to regain back my confidence which is already long gone and away from sight, and I try to sound bold and fierce but it comes out in whimpers instead, "L-let me go!"

"Jongin stop it, it's disgusting me," Baekhyun whines, and surprisingly Jongin obeys, pushing me away from him abruptly, leading me to smash into the nearest wall, and all I can feel is pain in my back, and when I open my eyes, all I see is the four crowded around me. Jongdae asks, "What do you want anyway?"

Chanyeol laughs, spitting out his cigarette onto the floor and stomping on it, and he grabs Jongdae's attention quickly, "Can't you tell? He wanted to protest about today, you could tell by his face," Chanyeol explains, quickly mimicking my face with a frown which made the other two laugh, except Jongin, who just smirks and pushes me further into the wall that I'm already pressed firmly against, as if there's more to the wall than what's already destroying my back.

"Go on then, say what you were going to say," Jongin urges, smirk not disappearing.

I feel a lump in my throat and regret everything. I think that maybe if I push Jongin out the way and then make a run past Baekhyun and Jongdae I can escape successfully. But as they all close in further at the await for an answer, I realise it's impossible. I've had a few pushes and pulls from the four before, but never have I had too much physical contact.

I wonder if that's about to change.

"I-it doesn't m-matter," I say, but Jongin doesn't accept it and roughly grabs my school shirt collar. His smirk is getting stronger by the minute, but takes absence for a minute as he pouts, asking, "Did you want to complain about that letter I sent you today? It was only the truth, and anyway, everyone else seemed to like it," he comments, and the smile returns once more. I know that when he says 'everyone' he means the rest of the school, and non-stop for the day did I get shouts down the hallway saying, 'Hah! Stupid!' Or, 'Homo loner!' Or the ever so popular, 'Unicorn !'

I sigh, although the situation is worse, I try to calm myself by telling myself that I can still get out of it. 

"I'll d-do whatever you want, p-please just let me go, I w-won't bother you ag-again," I know how pathetic I sound, but it doesn't matter, my life and my health matters more than my ever decreasing dignity. Jongin looks to his left and his right, as if checking with the others if what I said can be agreeable, however he returns back to stare at me and hisses in my face, "Strip and walk home like that."

The words chill me to the bone, and for a moment I almost nod and obey, but then I finally remind myself why I dragged myself into this situation in the first place; it was for revenge, to finally speak my mind, and once the confidence returns to me, I do something that I feel proud of yet deeply regret. I push myself away from the wall and try to push against Jongin's chest, yelling, "No ing way am I doing that!"

I'm shocked by my own sudden outburst, but I know there's no turning back now.

Jongin looks shocked for a moment before he lets go of me, and I quickly turn to make a run for it, but a hand tightly wraps around my arm and drags me back. Fear returns once again as I realise how big of a mistake I have just made as I'm pulled back, losing my balance and being sent to the floor, crashing against the stone ground and whining in pain, not knowing that what is to come is ten times worse.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that you little !" It's Jongin voice, but it starts to blur out as I feel pain all over my body. I still can't piece it together in my head, but I know it hurts and that I've done something stupid. I can hear the other voices yelling and I feel pain hitting me all over.

Finally it stops and I hear footsteps flow into the distance, until once again I'm met with silence.

Silence and the sound of my pathetic sobbing.


Lay looks up at Sehun with strangely gentle eyes after a tear rises and then falls, as if he wants to calm Sehun. Said male already knows that Lay can look right through him, which is scary yet comforting at the same time. 

"I'm sorry," he whimpers in the broken silence of the room, and Sehun tries to act cool about it, but fails, "It's fine," his voice breaks and he wants to smack himself. It already sounds like he's close to tears and he's supposed to be a man now, not a boy. He leans back against the door frame and closes his eyes, as if thinking, but really he just wants his mind to drift away and forget all the memories of Jongin, in fact he wants to forget Jongin all together. The man has done nothing but caused his life pain and trouble, and even now he just can't leave Sehun alone.

"I...I'll never do it again, I promise," Lay explains, not moving from what Sehun can hear, not see as his eyes are still firmly shut, but he speaks nevertheless, "It's okay, you were only being kind hearted...what...what was wrong with him?" Sehun is curious, but the way he asks it sound like it's a bothersome question he doesn't even want to ask, placed in a sigh, which is half true, minus the not wanting to ask bit.

Lay answers quickly, and Sehun hopes he hasn't become scared of Sehun just because the latter rose his voice at the unicorn, "He collapsed on the street, and he was covered in blood and had a black eye and he yelled in pain and complained his arm was sore. I heard him and rushed out, I brought him in and I healed him and he started asking about me and stuff...like how you did."

Sehun gathers that Jongin was obviously interested in Lay like himself, but he knows that isn't all of it and then he wanted more out of Lay than just his background, where he's from, why he's here, etcetera. But the way he left without a fight worried Sehun slightly, what happened?

No, he shouldn't think about Jongin; he was gone and out of Sehun's life, end of.

...

But Lay said he has no where to go.


"Now, just stay here, and I'll lay you out with the most important task, of all mankind."

"Of all mankind?!"

"Of all mankind."

Sehun gestures towards the microwave, explaining to the large eyed unicorn, "You must watch the magical box, and when it goes 'ding', that means it's spell is complete, and you must open up the box, grab a pair of special gloves," he points to the oven gloves, "And get the food out. Set them to the side of the magical box, close the magical box, then wait for my return. Do not do anything but watch the magical box, and do not forget the special gloves, or you will endure the worst pain in your life, okay?"

Lay's eyes only widen and he nods vigorously. Sehun lets out a sigh of relief and then a smile, and presses the magical button on the magical box, and as soon as he does just that, Lay leans against the kitchen desktop and stares at the microwave like it's growing horns.

Sehun walks out the kitchen and heads to the front door, already complete to go outside in the cold late afternoon with a scarf wrapped loosely around his neck and a navy coat. He leaves his cottage and locks the door behind him, it's already dark but not pitch black, and he starts his small walk, keeping eyes out for absolutely anything.

He both congratulates himself for being a genius and also scolds himself for being so stupid. He's venturing out into the dangerous (okay it's not dangerous but it could be with the power of imagination) streets at night, looking for frickin' Kim Jongin.

Why, Sehun, why?

He doesn't know, he answers himself, and lets out a cold breath that swirls in the air in a puff of smoke almost until it's gone just as quickly. Sehun asks all types of questions in his head as he taps down the pavement, things like the following; why are you so kind? Why do you have to be such a doormat? Why are you looking for the guy who ruined the majority of your life? What are you even going to say when you see him? Maybe you should laugh at him first, just for the benefit of your younger self, maybe you should kick him? No, that's too cruel, even if he did beat the hell out of you.
Sehun tells his over reactive mind to shut the hell up before he actually starts talking to himself, and as if on cue, he sees a movement in the shadows of an alleyway close by. Sehun has almost grown a small fear to alleyways ever since the incident when he was seventeen, but nonetheless, to check his eyes aren't deceiving him, he takes a step forward into the even denser darkness, calling out, "Hello?" For all he knows, it could just be some random homeless person, even if they are rare to come across by in the small town.

He doesn't know whether to be relieved or nervous when a familiar voice returns, "Go away," it belongs to Jongin, Sehun understands that clearly. The slightly nervous male is not surprised at all by the answer, after he was already on bad terms with his old High School bully, now he had decided to throw him out of his eyes. But then Sehun comes across the question again; why am I doing this?
Sehun owes nothing towards Jongin, so why has he decided to come and by the shining armour of the idiot? Apart from his slight personality transplant, he's still the same height as Sehun, he still smirks, he's still annoyingly handsome, he's still sneaky with the innocent (Lay) and obviously still a playboy and a ert. Naturally Sehun blames Lay, in his head he says that he just couldn't bear to see Lay cry, even if it was just one tear, and needs to go and get Jongin back to show that he isn't the heartless bastard he is seen to be.

But Sehun can't always blame his goody-goody actions on the unicorn.

That would be...cheating.

"Fine, I mean, I was only going to be nice to you, bring you back to my place, have somewhere to actually stay, but if you like sleeping on concrete then that's fine with me," Sehun shrugs, turning around and pretending to walk away. Why is he pretending? He could just reach out for his peaceful life once again, leave Jongin in the dust, be happy. So why is he giving Jongin a chance?

"No, wait," a voice calls out, and Sehun knows that he's blown it; he's let in the devil once again.

He turns around, giving up on himself and the little sense he had, and watches as Jongin stumbles onto his feet. It seems that even if Lay did heal him, he seems to still be weak from his injuries. And then Sehun remembers about Minseok talking about a guy who got chased by other guys out of Lady Luck, and Sehun was suggesting in his head that it could, most probably, was Jongin. By the description Lay had given, it sounded like he was beaten up, and for a moment Sehun wonders what he had said to have gotten beaten up so badly that even a magical unicorn couldn't take away the pain. He should've really laughed, that is, if his sense had returned, he should laugh and say, 'Hah! Now you know what it's like to get beaten up!' But he doesn't because of that exact reason. Sehun knows what it's like to get kicked and punched, and he knows that it isn't nice; it hurts, both physically and mentally. 

Jongin stumbles his way towards Sehun until the moonlight that starts to shine hits his face and Sehun is reminded of it once again. His body moves on it's own once Jongin is close enough, and Sehun finds his hand meeting Jongin's cheek quickly. It's a gentle slap, probably hardly stinging out all, but Jongin doesn't seem troubled by it at all, not even a little bit, as he looks at Sehun with sad looking eyes.

"I'm sorry," Sehun sighs, facing Jongin's slight poker face he feels like he can't spit a horrible comment and has to do the opposite instead, and reaches out to tug at the males arm, asking for permission to take it, and Jongin nods, leaving Sehun to raise the arm and wrap it behind his neck. He gestures towards the pavement and helps Jongin stumble slightly back to his home, with Lay probably still staring at the magical box.


All hail the microwave and it's magicalness ^0^

I hope you enjoyed this (omo poor Sehun Q^Q) and finally we can get stuck right in on the sekai action soon, or will it be kaixing? Layhun? WHO KNOWS?

I'm an idiot

This chapter is longer than I thought it would be, finally, I'm producing proper stuff and not short crappy chapters XD

Please don't forget to upvote and comment, I'm shocked by how many subscribers I got and I haven't even updated  in ages 030 (thank you!!!) but I don't get a lot of comments T^T I'd love to see what you think about Sehun's past and shtuff :3

Wuv you~