There is no unicorn in my back garden (!)

There's a Unicorn in My Back Garden (!)

"Sehun, dear, what's that?"

Sehun looked up from the piece of art he was working so hard on, pouring all his effort in, only to be interrupted by a nosy teacher. The fact that his concentration had also been shattered into little bits annoyed him as well, and with small eyebrows furrowing, he settled his hand down for a second before turning back to his picture, "A unicorn," he muttered.

"Oh, a unicorn, wow! Can I have a look?" She asked gently, leaning forward to peer over Sehun's messy-haired head which blocked her view, but as she proceeded to lean forward, the ball of bouncy black hair shook.

"No!" He insisted, covering his so-far work with his pale little arms, turning his head to stare up at the teacher with large, round and dark eyes. The teacher took the warning and backed away with a smile forming over her pink lips, saying gently, "Okay, okay, well if you ever do want to show it to me, just ask for me, okay?" Sehun didn't respond but turned his head away simply, until he knew the teacher was far gone and revealed his master piece once more, and couldn't help but smile as he continued colouring the purple and pink tail.

"Hey Sehunnie, watchya drawin'?"

Oh no, he knew that voice.

Quickly he covered up the drawing and turned around to face the jerk who stood beside the table, having to crane his neck as he was kneeled beside the table, and gave wary eyes to the group of four boys who loomed over him.

"Just a, um...a horse," he stuttered slightly, hoping his lisp wouldn't come out anytime soon.

"Yeah right, I bet it's one of those stupid unicorns," one of the boys sneered, while the other two laughed, but the one at the front just smirked, walking around the table and asking, "Can I have a look Sehunnie?" 

"I-I would prefer you didn't..." But of course as he had turned around to speak with the 'leader', the other three had sneaked behind the table and pulled the corner of the white sheet from under his arm. Sehun panicked and turned around to see the three of them holding it up and pulling it between each over as they laughed.

"It's a stupid unicorn," one of them said.

"It's not even a good drawing!" Another laughed.

As they mocked it and pulled it, Sehun could see a tear form in one of the corners.

"Hey, guys don't rip it!" Sehun was surprised to hear the person who had tricked him from behind, commanding the others to stop, in which they did, and he walked over, gently pulling it from their grasp and settling it down on the table beside Sehun. The boy being confused, stared at the picture and then up at the other boy who asked with a small smile, gentle like the teachers, "What is it Sehunnie?"

"I-it's a..." he tried to ignore the other three who giggled at his lisp, "It's a horse," he lied, making it up on the spot. The other three continued to giggle between themselves at both his lisp and most probably his pathetic lying.

"Really?" The only boy who was acting strangely nice asked, and Sehun confirmed with a hazy nod. The boy looked at Sehun and then turned his attention to the drawing beneath him, and laid a small finger on the horn of the 'horse', asking, "What's that then?" Sehun obviously had not thought that far and just stared at the picture with an open mouth, until the boy spoke instead in his place, "A spear maybe? Oh no, you're not killing the horse are you? That's mean!" He exclaimed, and Sehun, absolutely confused and shocked at the same time, said nothing. Then suddenly Sehun saw the actual bully he had been used to, as a tiny smirk crawled along his face and he grabbed for the red crayon on the small table, bringing it over to the drawing and commenting, "You forgot the blood," and pressed down hard as he scribbled the red crayon all over the drawing Sehun had worked so hard on.

As he ruined his drawing, the other three laughed, but Sehun did nothing but watch, because he knew there was nothing else he could do, until he started to protest, "No," he whimpered, but they couldn't hear him over the laughing, and so Sehun tried again, "No," a little louder, but still they couldn't hear him, until finally the one ruining his work had finished, slamming the crayon down, laughing, and then walking away with the other three.

Sehun reached forward for the paper, dragging it against the table top towards him, and looked down at the work, now covered in red scribbles.

He cried as he ran his small fingers over the place where the unicorns body was.

 


 

Sehun sits up.

What a horribly accurate nightmare... Sehun thinks, shaking his head and whipping the bedsheets off him and exiting the bed. No way is he going to try and fall back to sleep if that flashback is all that is going to greet him. As he's out the bed and yawns, stretches, then fits his long and pale feet into his slippers, he pulls himself out of his warm room to be greeted with a cold hallway instead. It's a small cottage, given to him by his older brother when he married and moved into a new house with his wife. With a job in the bar 'The Star', Sehun is able to pay for bills with ease, as because it's the only bar in the small town (well, there's the Strip Club 'Lady Luck', but we'll not go there), almost everyone in the town goes there, and although it's a small town, there is still a lot of people in even the smallest of towns, and so Sehun is working in a good bar, with a good pay.

But Sehun won't be working anywhere tomorrow if he's awake in the middle of the night. He guesses that if he wonders around a little bit and occupies himself, then finally his mind will grow tired and he can sleep once again, flashback and nightmare free, and go to work tomorrow, although the fact that he had quite a few drinks with Zitao and Luhan before he set back home and went to bed yesterday, makes him realise that maybe that's why he feels the way he does. Luhan and Zitao are Sehun's closes friends, he met them both at The Star when they had moved into the small town from China, but they both spoke Korean so there wasn't any awkward silences. Quickly he became friends, and in fact around that time Sehun had only just receieved his job in The Star and was quite content to find new friends around the same time. Luhan being the small kid who looks like a girl and Zitao looking like he has just come out of a kungfu movie, they didn't exactly fit in very much when he first laid eyes on them, and so Sehun reeled in his 'not-normal-obviously-bullied-when-younger' catch and had already accomplished two good friends.

Sehun finds his feet taking him to the kitchen that overlooks his small back garden, and tiredly he makes his way to the kitchen desktop and leans his white elbows onto the marble surface.

His tired eyes look over the darkness that envelops the garden, making the green grass look more like a dark blue. There's a small tree in the bottom right corner, and a hedge as well as that which surrounds the entire garden, even though the cottage is on the outskirts and so no one can really see inside the small garden anyway. But as Sehun tries to excercise his tired eyes, he ends up squinting in the process, and peers down to the bottom bush.

There's a large thing, sitting there, moving only slightly.

As Sehun eyes continue to adjust, he focuses on the moving shadow until finally his eyes become used to the darkness.

A horse! How on earth had a horse jumped in his garde-

Wait...

Horses don't have horns, do they?

"Well done Sehun," he pats his own back as he leans off the desktop, "You've accomplished managing to make yourself drunk enough to see unicorns in your garden," he sighs and slouches out of the kitchen and into the small living room, it's cold but there's a blanket draping over the long sofa, and so Sehun takes it in his grasp and dives onto the sofa, wrapping the dark blue, warm and fuzzy blanket around him.

"Time to sleep this off," he sighs once again, closing his eyelids and hopefully greeting a nice night sleep.

 


 

Oh my god, Sehun you are such an idiot.

When Sehun finally wakes up from quite a nice slumber, he's greeted by nothing but a stinging headache and sickness stirring in his stomach. The effects of the drinking hits him more than the mythical horse he'd seen last night, although the memory makes him chuckle under his breath. It isn't funny, but Sehun has a hangover so he can laugh at a wall if he wants to.

He crawls out of bed and makes his way to the notorious kitchen, feeling slightly weird and grabbing for a cup, a glass cup, which is never a good idea when you're not in your right mind. He pours water into the empty glass under the now running tap, letting the cool liquids run down his throat as soon as it's full, and then rests the glass back down next to the sink once he's done. He presses his palms against the edge of the marble surface, looking down at it's details, before raising his head and glaring down to the contents of his garden, at the bottom, to make sure there was no...horse.

But he's met with something much different.

A man.

There is, a man, at the bottom of his garden.

Sehun groans, pushing himself away and turning away as well as that, closing his eyes tightly shut, then turning around again and opening his eyes to double check.

Yep, still there.

He can't believe this, it physically can't be right. How did he even get in the garden? The hedge is very tall, and so unless he squeezed through the many tiny and sharply knitted branches that make up the hedge, there is no way he could've gotten into the garden. And anyway, he couldn't have used that method because there isn't a scratch on him, only pale, open skin.

He could've sneaked through the house, but the door is locked, and even if Sehun forgot to lock it, why sleep in the garden?

This made no sense at all, and so because it doesn't make any sense, Sehun bursts through the kitchen door that leads right into the back garden and storms to the bottom of the garden. The figure doesn't move, even though Sehun is practically kicking it with his bare foot.

"Hey! This isn't your bedroom, unless your bedroom has grass carpet and bush pillows," Sehun hisses, the male doesn't look injured, and that's what annoys Sehun the most.

Finally there is movement, and Sehun gives him some space (stops kicking him) as the smaller looking male flips over and looks up at Sehun.

His eyes are beautiful, dark brown, with a light glitter in them. His hair, in which Sehun hasn't really paid much attention to, is dark brown, with light brown and purple highlights. 

But the eyes, as wide and lovely as they are, are slightly red and glassy.

Sehun sighs, great.

 


 

So what did you think???? Not a very exciting start (well you got a Yixing -3-) I'm sorry if there's any big mistakes, I've never actually typed this down on AFF, I normally do it on a Word document and then copy and paste it. 

I hope it's a bit longer than my usual stuff (if you want check out my usual stuff XD) but sadly this won't be updated that regularly, because I want to concentrate on others works I'm doing,

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! *blows unicorn kisses (wtf?)*

Wuv you~