Waltzing in His Bedroom

Yongseo: A Simple Fairytale

 

 

 

LISTEN TO THE SONG WHEN YOU GET THERE* PLAY IT TO GET THE FEELING OR WHATEVA :P


 

Taking in a deep breath, Seohyun tried to calm herself. She placed her hand on the doorknob and ever so gently, she turned it and pried open the door. Luckily, this was a new house for the guys dorm and the door didn’t squeak or else, she wouldn’t know what she would do. I just wanted to check if you have any squeaky doors, probably isn’t the best alibi for her sneaking into his room. In truth, she had to admit to herself-also because it was forced out of her by her unnies-, she had missed him. And she had to see his face, hear his voice and………

The door cracked open, allowing her the right amount of space to peek. And it was empty. She leaned back from the door, blinking her eyes a bit to adjust before swooping back into her spying gig. On second glance she realized the room wasn’t really empty, just that the lights weren’t on.

Aigoo, where did all my common sense gone?

She paused for more than two seconds outside the door before she slowly entered the room, leaving her other option behind. Soundlessly, she sighed a breath of relief in her first sucessful break-and-entering, well without the breaking part. Taking in her surrounding, she saw him. Seated on a black leather chair, in front of the computer with his back to her. A keyboard beside his left arm on the table.

He must be composing. Of course, Songwriter Yong.

She didn’t want to disturb him when he’s at work. So instead, she felt her way around the wall, careful not to make a sound. When she finally found the bed-or maybe, the bed found her when it came contact with her knee leaving a bruise, she sat on it. She intended to wait for him to finish, maybe it’s one last verse and he will be done.

Yonghwa on the other hand was humming. The tune he unconsciously hummed while he worked was gentle and repetitive. He never had an inkling that somehow he had lulled his favorite girl to sleep in the background. He didn’t even know she was here.

But he definitely noticed when he got up from the awfully stiff chair-he had thought it make him look like a boss if he bought it then- after almost 3 hours of songwritting  and saw a stranger lying on his bed. 

“Hyun?” 

The girl was sleeping on her side, her hair masking her face. She carelessly threw her slender arms towards the space beside her yet it looked graceful, her fingers. Piano hands, he smiled. He didn’t noticed the ring on her hand until he leaned in closer to get a good look at his girlfriend. Ah, couple ring. With a childlike smile on his face, he touched his ring to hers, silver against silver.

“Seo Joo Hyun.” He patted her on her head. She didn’t move.

“Yah,” The word sounded affectionate more than anything. “At least show some appreciation. Are you really ignoring such a handsome face in front of you?”

Almost like she heard him, she started to wake up. “O-Oppa?”

He smiled widely, “That’s what I thought.”

Helping her up, he was transfixed for  a moment with how beautiful she looked when she was slightly blurred and unorderly. She blinked slowly, shifting her eyes around the room, trying to get her bearings. In that few seconds, he noticed some of the things that he never gotten the chance to before: how long her eyelashes are, how y she look with bedhair, the innocence in her eyes as she stare at me now-

“Oppa?” She blinked causing him to blink along. For a few seconds silence dragged on before they both burst out in chuckles.

He stopped crouching and stood up. Clearing his throat, he put on a fake serious voice. “So, Miss Seo Joo Hun, may I asked what are your reasons for breaking into my room?” He started walking in circles in front of her but kept his eyes on her at all times, trying to be intimidating.

“Um….” Seohyun tensed. Her posture suddenly stick-straight and her gaze darting his. “Oppa! What is the name of this song?” She stood up suddenly, her eyes shining with innocence. He fight the urge to smile. He knew what she was doing.

“This song is great, chinca.” She walked away going to his table where his speakers were. He trailed behind her, amused.

She looked around at his sleek black speaker, trying to search for something. His speaker wasn’t the same as hers and she didn’t really dare press anything in fear of spoiling this expensive thing. Aigoo, ottoke?

He was standing behind her, a few steps between them. “Bwo?” He smirked when she jumped in surprise with his closeness, “What are you looking for anyway?” Her nosetrils were flaring as she said, “How do you turned up the volume. I don’t know…..” Her tune was whining a bit. And it was rare for him, such a childlike side of Seo Joohyun to be shown to him.

Pushing her aside playfully, he expertly pressed a button located at the side of the speaker. Instantly, the room was filled with loud electric guitar strumming.

I’m a creep. I’m a weirdo. What the hell am I doing her~e? I don’t belong here…..

“I didn’t know you like rock songs.” He was leaning against the table with his arms crossed. There was an arrogant expression on his face like he was waiting for an annoucement of some sort that he had won a huge prize.

“Well, I do.” She mimicked his pose. Leaning her hip against the table, she crossed her arms. “Guess you don’t know me that well then, oppa.” She said matter-of-factly.

The track ended. A different melody started, laid back and cruising……

[YOU MAY PLAY THE VIDEO NOW :D]*

He was going to break her charade at that moment. “Hyun, I know-“ But he stopped himself. He didn’t want her tense and embarassed around him again, well not now anyway. So instead, he blurted, “Want to dance?”

Seohyun was caught by surprise, she had thought he would speak up about her changing the subject and everything and knew that she would have nothing to retaliate it with, but now? “Dance, oppa?”

It was his turn to be tense with his hand out, palm facing the ceiling in an invitation. He didn’t know what he was doing and neither did she by the looks of it. She continued to stand there, confused.

Oh I'll never know what makes this man. With all the love that his heart can stand………..

She stretched out her palm but left it hovering above his, trembling; not accepting and not rejecting either. But it was enough for him, he grabbed it and pulled her closer. For a split second, their eyes connected but he looked away. Grabbing one of her hand and placing it on his shoulder plane, he held her by her waist.

And there they were, in the middle of his bedroom, ready to waltz-or just move their arms or something.

“You said you wanted to teach me how to dance.” He looked at her confidently now. A boyish smile was on his lips, “Don’t tell me you’re going to break that promise.”

The self-conscious feeling disappeared as his smile appear and she returned his confident smile. “De, Oppa.”

“Aigoo, always the eager student.” He playfully teased, pretending to raise his hand to answer some imaginary teacher in his bedroom. “Bwo-yah?” She laughed along at her oppa’s silly antics.

He relaxed, smilling. “Hold on.” Walking over to table, he pressed something on the red MP3 that was plugged into the speaker. Walking to her side, he grinned, “Let’s dance.”

The song replayed from the start. The drum leading the melody softly……..

He stood in front of her but she didn’t know how to make the first move. He only shaked his head and laughed, “Like this maybe, teacher?” He put his hand on her waist and patted his shoulder plane. She obediently placed her hand there.

Gravity~

The lyrics started. Taking a deep breath-his heart was beating way too fast for a normal dance lesson, he said, “So what now?” She looked just as nervous as he did, “I learnt this when I was in kindergarden…….” She seemed to be mumbling to herself. “Okay, okay, so…..one foot to the back and then step to the right.

“Oh I’ll never know what makes this man. With all the love that his heart can stand……….”

He did just that, but instead of waltzing, it seemed like they were doing some dance ritual for some tribe festival. “Are you sure this is right?” He laughed. She was trying to concentrate while controlling her urge to laugh along, “S-Should be.” Sighing, they inched back closer. It became something natural for them. “Oppa, you want to try this again?” She looked determined. He grinned, “Together.”

Outside of Yonghwa’s room, the music was loud enough to be heard by three other bored guys. Glancing at each other, they exchanged a suspicious look. Together, they raced to squeeze into the small hallway, outside of Yong’s door. “This is going to be good, I can tell.” Jungshin commented, his ear in contact with the door. Jonghyun was just as excited, “Who would have knew they had it in them, dancing in his bedroom.” Minhyuk chuckled.

Inside, the pair seemed to have given up. The space between her eyebrows were pinched, Seohyun sighed. Yonghwa noticed how frustrated she looked and realized his plan for her to relax backfired.

“Hey, it’s fine.” He said gently. “We can just swa~y” He said it cooly. “That’s what I’ve been doing for the past 23 years of my life.” He joked, noticing the small smile on her face when he did. At that second, he threw away all his carefulness. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

She made a chipmunk sound. “Eep!” Involuntarily inching forward but, bumping into him; inching backward, bumping into his arm. She had no way to hide.

Oh gravity, stay the hell away from me~

Ignoring the lyrics, he feign confidence. Calmly, he said, “Well, it’s my turn to teach you about swa~yin’.” She stopped hesitating and looked up suddenly, an unknown emotion in her eyes. y. He gulped, “Okay, placed your arms around me.”

“Irokae? Like this?” She managed to hook her hands behind him. He nodded patiently. A small smile played on his lips as he said, “Now lay your head on my shoulder.” She stopped. Not even realizing that her body was following the rhythm before, moving lazily. “Why afraid?” She shaked her head, placing her head firmly on his shoulder.  “Ani.”

He sighed. A weird feeling suddenly spreading around them, warmth. “Alright now relax.” He didn’t know if she heard him but just that she sighed, the sound comforting. “Relax.” He whispered. Feeling the weight of her against him, he felt sort of a completeness. It was weird, he never really felt like he was missing anything before. Just that, when she was near, his happiness doubled.

“Relax.”

He didn’t noticed he was playing with the word, repeating it unconsciously. But she did, “Oppa.” Her voice was an unusual lazy tone. He replied with same tone, “Wae?” She leaned back to look at him. “Besides relaxing, is there anything else?” She laughed teasingly while he looked surprised, like he just woke up from a daydream. All of a sudden, he held her closer to him, resting his chin on her shoulder this time, sucessfully hiding his face.

“Yes.” He replied but instead of the playful that she was so used to, it was a serious one instead. “Just that”, he paused sighing, “I miss you.” He felt her body tensed before he placed his lips on her shoulder. For the longest time he didn’t move, his lips on her skin until he felt her relax again.

“Hyun, I-“

Her arms were around his waist, awkward and unfamiliar with the action. She squeezed her arms around him abruptly, causing him to forget his words.“Oppa,”She called out, racing to say it before he say something else. And for the next few seconds that were the only thing she said, “Oppa, Oppa, Yong Oppa………” The words comforting her.

Leaning back she said it , staring directly at him, “I miss you.”

As the words came out, an imaginary water dam inside of her broke open, releasing everything. A small laugh escaped her lips, sounding like the chiming bells. He couldn’t breath, she was too ‘bright’. Her eyes twinkled with tears, her smile so natural and free.

As bright as spring.  

“Very much, Yong.”

  


It's been a long time comin'~ ;P 

I've been working on my other account here on AFF, writting Angst Yongseo!!! Hehe! (NOTICED THE WRITTING STYLE?? *WINK*)

So extra long one for yea! It's 5 pages long on Microsoft Words! (Yea, who's the boss!) XD

So, about the song, I had this idea for a long time actually, you know the whole waltzing-in-the-room thing and I always pictured them dancing to this song!

You must definitely HEAR IT! 

Hope you like it! :D