six

Friends, Love, Betrayal

My eyes widen at the biggest most fanciest boutique I've ever went to. This is the second time I was shocked by Taeyeon eonni. First, she came to my apartment at 6am and I was still in my pajamas. And second, this!

"Does this place always open at 7:30?" I asked at a salesgirl nearby. She smiled and shook her head.

"Ms. Kim said she wants to help a friend and rented this place for an entire 5 hours." That statement shocked me. This is the third shock of the day.

Taeyeon eonni, who had just finished talking to the owner, went to me and inspected me from top to bottom.

I was wearing what I always wear. A denim shirt and jeans with a pair of converse. For me, I'm not used to girly up like eonni does. And makeup, I use them only during weddings.

"This won't do." Taeyeon eonni commented and turned to the salesgirl. "I want a few sets of clothes for her. Make sure it's the latest trends." She told. "Oh, and make sure that it says 'I'm y but I'm innocent', okay?" She added with a smile to the salesgirl.

My eyes widen at her. "E-eonni! I thought we're going to buy shoes for you." I stuttered making eonni laugh.

"You know... I kinda have to lie to you about that." She explained, sheepishly. "I wanted to make you pretty. Not that I say you're not! I mean... Girl up starting now." She said with a frown. "I want to see my bestfriend for almost 4 years prettier." 

I wanted to reject it but seeing her hopeful and the sincerity in her eyes, I can't bring myself to say no. So I said yes.

Eonni's face brightened and she hugged me. "Thanks! Now get in and changed, girl!" She said, excited and pushed me to the dressing room.

~

The first set of clothes was a white sleeveless blouse and a black skirt reaching my mid thigh. Wearing black wedges, I went out the fitting room, stumbling. 

"How do I look?" I asked, standing up straight. Taeyeon eonni nodded her head and so, I went back in the fitting room.

The second set, I went out wearing a white top, furry sleeveless jacket and black jeans with a pair of matching heels.

"Eonni." Taeyeon smiled and gave a thumbs up. 

The third set, a black top, white vest, white blue mid thigh jeans and leather heel boots. 

The forth set, strapless blue dress reaching my knees. It showed my curves. I had to match it with a blue shiny hand purse and 2 inch heels.

The fifth set, a red sleeveless top, black skirt and red stilletos.

We had a lot of fun, taking pictures, posing and laughing at the boutique, and for the full five hours, I tried a total of 28 sets of clothes! Isn't it crazy???

"It's all on me, okay? You don't have to pay me back." She insisted and paid all the clothes. 

Looking down at myself, I was wearing a white short-sleeved shirt tucked into a puffy light yellow skirt with strawberries that reached my thighs. I was also wearing yellow wedges and tied my hair with a red scrunchie.

"You look so cute, Dahae-ah!" Taeyeon eonni complimented and pinched my cheeks. I blushed darkly. "The clothes are being sent to your apartment, okay? I have to go to the ladies first, so wait for me in front of that cafe over there." She said, pointed and left me.

I went to the cafe alone and waited. The people would glance at me and I could also hear people saying I'm pretty. I felt a bit proud of myself.

Maybe this changed isn't that bad at all. I thought to myself.