Chapter 16

Friends, Love, Betrayal
Chanyeol was peeling an apple for Dahae. She was happy that he came to keep her company since her parents were always so busy. But she insisted her parents to continue their works after taking weeks off to take care of her.

"Chanyeol-ah, aren't you tired of coming here everyday? I mean, SM and this hospital is at least 30 minutes walking." Dahae asked and Chanyeol smiled.

"Not at all. We're friends, aren't we?"

"Of course!" Dahae grinned and ate another piece of apple.

Chanyeol stared at Dahae and it instantly remind him about last night.

~~*~~

"There is nothing going between me and Taeyeon. We're not dating." Baekhyun started. "We were just caught together at a wrong time!"

He frowned. "But CEO-nim didn't let me and Taeyeon to explain the truth." It was true. The CEO didn't let them.

"But... I am dating someone. And her name is Oh Dahae!"

"Oh Dahae. I heard Taeyeon sunbaenim mentioned her name once." Lay said out loud. "She's the girl who slapped Taeyeon sunbaenim."

Baekhyun nodded. "Dahae and Taeyeon are actually friends."

"You know you're going to wreck your reputation if you told the media about it." Suho told. It was risky and this might ruin Baekhyun's reputation.

Baekhyun smiled half heartedly. "I know." He sighed. "And that's why... I'm going to quit."

This made the other members shocked at his sudden decision.

"Are you crazy? Risking years of hardship to be idols for a girl?" Luhan asked.

Baekhyun stared at his fellow members. "I am crazy. But fame... It's useless if I can't be with the girl I love." He said. "And she might be the girl that I'll spend with for the rest of my life."

Baekhyun let his tears fall. "I don't know when I'll find another girl like her if I let her go. But I'm sure... She's the one for me..."

He was sure. Very sure. Oh Dahae is his other half. He's not perfect without her by his side. She's the only girl who has the key to his heart.

"But Chanyeol hyung..." Kai mentioned.

...

"I trust Chanyeol. He wouldn't do that to me. He's my bestfriend... If I could explain this to him, I'm sure he'll know that I truly love Dahae." Even for hiding his girlfriend, he still considered Chanyeol as his bestfriend.

"I support you, hyung!" Sehun took a step forward.

Xiumin smiled and pats Baekhyun's shoulder. "Go get her."

Lay nodded. "You are a true man, Baekhyun-ah."

"Now we only have D.O and Chen as strong vocals." Luhan sighed.

"We're going to miss you. You know that, right?" Suho smiled.

Baekhyun nodded and they all went into a group hug. "We're brothers. I would never forget all the times we've had."

"We are one..." All of the member chanted.

"... We are EXO..." Chanyeol said quietly outside, not entering the practice room. He looked at his hand. 'So that's the truth...'

He leaned on the wall, sighing. Baekhyun still consider him as his bestfriend. 'Did I make a huge mistake...?' He peeked in the practice room. 'Did he really love Dahae?'

~~*~~

"Chanyeol-ah. I have good news." Chanyeol snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Dahae. "I'm getting discharged tomorrow!"

"Oh, that's great news!" Chanyeol smiled.

Dahae grinned. "I know. I can't wait to go out and finally smell some fresh air!"

Chanyeol chuckled when Dahae stretched. "You can just open the window if you needed fresh air."

Dahae pouted. "It's not the same as going out. Speaking of going out..." She smiled mischevously. "You promised that you'll take me out when I get discharged."

Chanyeol faked a thinking look. "Did I?"

"Yah."

Chanyeol burst out laughing when Dahae glare at him. "I remember. A promise is a promise..." Then he thought of something. "Yes. I'll take you somewhere you will love."

Dahae cheered. "I can't wait!" She squealed.

Chanyeol smiled. 'I want to make things right...'