Chapter 7: First Day

Me is not Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyerin POV

As usual, right after I wake up this morning, I made my bed…go and ready myself for the day. When I’m in the bathroom, I heard someone knocking. I was about to ignore it when I heard ahjumma a.k.a the maid voice. Since I have troubled her yesterday when I’m gone missing…

“Yes?”, I answered her called with my head pop out of the bathroom door. I saw the maid get inside and slightly bowed to me which I returned back.

“Good morning Miss Hyerin. I was about to wake you up, but I see that is unnecessary”, she said while smiling. What? Is it weird to get up early in the morning? That’s how we have been raised at the orphanage house though…

“I will take note on the time you awake miss, so that breakfast will be readied accordingly. Here is your uniform for today. I want to put it in your room last night, but your room was locked. I will put more changes today in your closet so it will be easy for you”, the maid said while hanging the uniform on closet door. Then she looked at me and smile. Myy..this lady do talk a lot…

“Please do continue your shower and come down to have your breakfast after you ready miss”, said the maid before she bowed again and closed the door. I was a bit…speechless..? if I recall back..that lady was not really…talkative last night..? Well, whatever. Better get ready soon.

 

In the dining room

No one POV

The maid was done preparing the breakfast when Mr. Lee came down from his room. He took a sit and took the newspaper in his hand.

“Ahjumma, have you woked Hyerin up?”, asked Mr. Lee to the maid.

“No sir, Miss Hyerin was in the shower when I came up to wake her up. It seems that she also tidy up her bed by herself. I’ve prepare her uniform and already inform her to come down for breakfast when she’s ready”, the maid said to Mr. Lee. Mr. Lee then folded up the paper the he was reading and put it aside.

“I see. It’s ok then. I didn’t know she was an early riser. Maybe that’s why she have gone missing yesterday”, said Mr. Lee with a sad smile on his face.

“Good morning son. What’s with the looked on your face early in the morning?”, said grandma while taking her seat.

“Good morning mother. Nothing I’m just thinking about Hyerin, that’s all”, said Mr. Lee to his mother.

“Where’s your wife?”, asked grandma to Mr. Lee.

“She.. well..she still feeling sad, so I’m giving her some space. Once she’s fine I’ll try and talk to her”, said Mr. Lee to his mother. While they are talking the maid suddenly came.

“Sir..madam, sorry to interrupt but I must inform you that Miss Hyerin does not wish to have breakfast and want to go straight to the school”, said the maid while lowering her head.

“What? Why? Does she not feeling well? If she is we can inform the school and she can start tomorrow or any other day”, said Mr. Lee to the maid. When the maid just shake her head as saying she do not know the reasons, Mr. Lee sit up from her chair and start heading to the front door while grandma just following behind her son.

At the front door Mr. Lee saw Hyerin was talking to the driver..well not really talking. It seems more like the driver persuading her on something. Mr. Lee then goes straight to both of them.

“What’s happening here?”, said Mr. Lee to both of them. As usual, Hyerin just ignore it and that’s left the driver to answer the question of his employer.

“Well sir, Miss Hyerin insists that she will be going alone to the school today. She was asking the school’s address from me earlier. I was trying to tell her that I will her to the school and fetch her back as instructed, but miss..”, the driver said while looking at Hyerin at his last sentence. Mr. Lee just sighing and turn to look at Hyerin.

“Hyerin-ah, what’s wrong? Are you n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter