Chapter 6: The New Start

Me is not Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyerin POV

‘Today is Sunday, and tomorrow school will start. Meaning I’m going to the new school tomorrow, I wonder why I am not shocked that my administration in this school can be done quickly.’

Flashback

Once I have finished cleaning myself up, I call Nayoung to inform her about my decision

“Yobuseyo? Nayoung-shi? Hyerin here”, I said to Nayoung

“Oh! Hyerin-ah! How are you dear? I heard that you will be staying there longer?”, said Nayoung. Based on her voice I can tell that she sound…happy?

“…How did you know? I just thought to inform y…ahhh…Mr. Jang has informed you? That was quick..”, I said in a monotone voice

“Hyerin-ah…he’s your father. Please address him properly. And yes he informed me last night. He said that he will be taking care of the transfer procedure, so I don’t need to worry about it”, said Nayoung. I can hear that she sound a bit sad? Depressed? Why? Because I called that person Mr. Jang?

“Let me think about that first. I see. If that’s the case, it’s settled then. I’ll come and visit you regularly”, I said. There’s nothing I can do here, so I can go back whenever I have free time.

“Hyerin-ah, hajima. You just spend your time there, who knows maybe you can accept them in the future? Hm?”, said Nayoung with a motherly tone.

“Molla… let just see”, I said to Nayoung while rubbing the back of my head. I don’t want make her worry with unnecessary thing, and that include this matter.

“Have you had your breakfast?”, Nayoung asked. Shoot! Almost forgot about that, it seems like I need to go out and find something to eat.

“Oh? Not yet…now you said it Nayoung-shi, I just remembered that I did not have my breakfast yet”, I said without feeling. I need to go out and buy something. Surely not gonna eat anything in this house.

“You really--! Arasso, hang up now and go take your breakfast. We can talk again later”, said Nayoung rushingly.

“Arasso~~ bye bye Nayoung-shi! We talk again later kay?’, I told Nayoung before I hang up the call. Then I grab my jacket to go out.

 

 

Flashback End

‘After the conversation with Nayoung end I come to this convenient store. It’s not really that far, about 15 to 20 minutes of walking distance. It’s better this way. It will be easy for me in the next couple of months to find food supply. I never have any intention to eat anything coming from that family. Well, let just survive for now. Thank God that I still have my savings from my part time job, but I don’t think it will be enough to support me while I’m here.*hmm it seems like I should start finding some part time job.’

I stay at the convenient store a little longer before going back home while looking at some people walking in that area. A lot of expensive car come and go around here. Well, what can be said, the neighborhood does look like only rich folks will be staying at. After couple of hours or should be said after it is almost night time I got up, got into the store and buy some food supplies for myself before going home.

When I arrived at home, I saw some red cars in front of the house. Probably some guest is here. I should go inside quietly..unnotice by other people..just like how I got out this morning.

“Ah! Miss Hyerin! Sir! I found Miss Hyerin!”said the maid right after she saw me. Then the maid was running? Or walking fast? To the door and pointing finger at me as if she was showing me to someone..? I was….shocked? Yeah I am shocked! Then I heard some foots steps coming toward us. Now what….

“Hyerin-ah!”, Mr. Jang coming through the door and stand there for a while, looking me up and down. Then smile come up on his face, it looks like he relieve…? He then come to me and hug me TIGHTLY if I may implied so. What’s all this drama about…did someone died or what?

“Hyerin-ah! Where did you go? You’ve been gone since the morning! You didn’t even come down for breakfas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter