Chapter 5: Chance

Me is not Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one POV

 

The funeral has been done just yesterday. During the time Hyerin was staying in the house with her ‘family’. She has informed Nayoung about the news and been telling her that she will return once the matter of funeral have settled. Though Nayoung has been advising her that she should not be in a rush and take her time to know her family and stay there a bit longer. But knowing her stubbornness Nayoung just give up and tell her she will wait for her.

After the funeral done Hyerin was thinking of going back home. Her purpose of coming here was to help her ‘sister’ that she never got a chance to knew, but that purpose was destroyed with the death. During her stay she could see that many people was sad with her ‘sister’ death, her ‘parents’, her friends, the maid, and many people she never knew. Because of this she knew that her ‘sister’ was love by this entire people. Somehow she feel a pang of heartache, but she quickly shoved that feeling away.

As she was thinking about things, she felt someone hold her shoulder. She turned around and look at the person, it was her ‘grandmother’. She look at the old lady and things been going on her head, the word father…mother…grandma..parents…she can never utter them and never she will be. She then look at the old lady wondering why she was here.

“Yes?”, she said looking at the old lady expressionless. The old lady smiling sadly before give her a letter. She was wondering what the letter was about. She took it and walk away. Knowing the young girl is not comfortable with her around. Hyerin then open the letter and read it.

 

Dear sister,

It probably make you feel weird right, someone you never knew calling you sister. I’m sorry, after I knew the whole story from grandma I always felt that it was my fault. I once gone and see you after I knew your existence, but I can’t bring myself to face you. Guilty was building up in myself. Grandma always said that it was not my fault, but I will always think it is my fault.

I always wonder how your life is going. Are you having a hard time growing up? Are there people that mean to you? Are you happy? Did you hate us, your family? If we bring you back, will you accept us? Will you forgive us? I always wonder this kind of things.

Sometime I imagine myself in your place, what would I feel…will I feel what you feel? After a while I could figure it out…you probably hate us. The family that discard you away while you were only a small baby.

That’s why I’ve been thinking how to make it up to you. I think a lot of things, I even want to do them with you, like going shopping together, to be there for you when you sad, to laugh together, having fun time together. But I knew it just a dream…dream that can’t never be achieved. I knew my time is getting shorter. That’s why I’m writing this letter to you. To apologies to you for all of the sadness that you felt all of your life that cause by us…your family…

But please dear sister, please give a chance to us… your family…to make it up to you. If you could never forgive mom or grandma that knew your existence, please give a chance to dad. He will love you once he know your existence. I just knew it. Please make him happy…make them happy for me. Please fill up the spot that I left.

I already received enough love from them. Now I just wish for you to give them a chance to love you…give yourself a chance to be love by your family. You may think that I sound selfish, but please sister…please Hyerin…give them a chance…give yourself a chance.

With love,

HyeWon

 

She fold the letter back and sighing. ‘Chance...hmm…’

 

~Time Skip~

 

*knock knock

“Come in”, the older guy said. He was sitting in his study room trying to find a piece of mind. When the door open he look towards the door and see Hyerin. He give her a warm smile. Despite his sadness of losing her eldest daughter, he still have her, a daughter he never knew before. He know she hate them, but he vow to make it up to her.

“Yes, what is it that you need dear?”, the older guy ask Hyerin while getting up and walk towards her.

“I just want to tell that I’ll be going home tomorrow”, Hyerin said while looking at the older guy. She just think that she need to inform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter