Chapter 4

The Sound of Fate

this chapter has now being edited, enjoy ^^

 

The first thing Sehun did when he arrived home was throw himself onto his bed and sighed. The rest of his classes were simply terrible to say the least, all he could think about was Jongin Luhan Jongin Luhan Jongin Luha- okay stop.

 
He sighed for what felt like the twentieth time that day and decided to take a little nap to empty the thoughts of Luhan from his crowded mind. 
 
He didn't know how long he had slept but when he woke up to the sound of his phone beeping, it was already 6. With sleep bleary eyes, he glanced at his phone screen which flashed the words "dinner at 7, do not forget!
 
"Crap! I almost forgot." He hurriedly climbed out of his bed and scurried into the bathroom. He didn't exactly want Jongin to be there, but at least he should be a little bit presentable to Luhan. 
 
After taking a bath, he hurriedly took his phone and called Minho, "Minho, I need your opinion!" He desperately said. 
 
Not long after, Minho came in through the door and was met with a desperate-looking Sehun and a very very messy room. It looked like an hurricane had swept across the room. 
 
"What the-"
 
"No need to curse, now help me!" Sehun exclaimed as he pulled towards himself. "Should I wear this? Or this? How about this?" He said as he lifted some of his favourite clothes to show Minho .
 
"Urgh. This just isn't working out." Sehun screamed in annoyance and threw the clothes at the other person in the room. "Why am I so nervous?" 
 
"Calm down okay?" Minho calmly stated. "I think..."
 
Minho rummaged through his closet. "This one will do." He handed Sehun the one he picked.
 
"This is..." Sehun's eyes sparkled. "Perfect."
 
-
 
It was already 6:45 when Sehun was finally ready to go. He quickly went to his car with Minho.
 
-
 
on arriving at the venue, He tried to tidy his hair as Minho came over to his side to open the door for him. Sehun could tell the restaurant was a glamorous one by just looking at exterior. Sehun went inside only to find Luhan and Jongin already seated. He was dazed for a few seconds before he was snapped out of it by a waving Luhan who gestured to him to come over and take a seat.
 
"Hi Luhan!" Sehun waved cheerily at Luhan before turning to glare at the guy seated beside him "And Jongin." 

He offered him a less enthusiastic wave.

 
"Uh, hi Sehun." Jongin said rather awkwardly, feeling as if he wasn't welcomed. 
 
But due to Luhan's denseness, everything went unnoticed and even went on to tell them to order as fast as they could because he was hungry. 
 
Sehun was looking at everything else except at the sight of Jongin whispering something into Luhan's ears. 
 
"I think your friend doesn't like me..." Jongin whispered quietly.
 
Luhan just laughed it off. "Of course he likes you, right Sehun?" 
 
Sehun was too busy day dreaming of Luhan giving him roses and asking him for a date when the said question snapped him out of it. "Yes I like you!" 
 
"See?" Luhan smiled at Jongin. And Sehun swore he didn't realize such words just slipped out of his mouth, and moreover they were meant for Luhan and not Jongin .
 
"No no no." But if they discovered that they were for Luhan, it would be much worse, right? "I mean... Yes yes yes." Sehun coughed forcefully.
 
"Luhan, I've got great news for you," Jongin said happily.
 
"What is it?" Luhan blinked. Sehun was pretending to play something on his phone, but really, he was listening.
 
"Since you are my bestest friend, I think you deserve to know that I have been dating with this guy named kyungsoo." Jongin gulped loudly, rushing over the last few words. 
 
"Oh..." Luhan smiled softly but Sehun could see something else in his eyes. "I think I need to go to the toilet." 
 
"Wait Luhan!" Sehun exclaimed, rushing after Luhan who had suddenly stood up from his seat. 
 
Jongin was looking confused than ever, shouldn't Luhan be happy?
 
Sehun followed Luhan even though he knew he shouldn't interfere.
 
"Everything is a waste..." His lip trembled slightly and drops of tears began falling down. In a matter of seconds, Sehun was hugging him. "I came here for nothing." 
 
"Shh... It's okay," Sehun said. "Everything will be alright."
 
Luhan was sobbing into Sehun's shirt and the other had his arms around him and they were both standing in the middle of the restroom. "I shouldn't have come here..."
 
But if you never came here, our luggage wouldn't have been switched up and I wouldn't have fallen in love.

Sehun thought.

 
But he chose to say nothing and continued to Luhan's hair in an effort to calm him down and also because it felt so soft and silky. 
 
"I'm okay now Sehun, thank you." Luhan rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking at the mirror, 
 
and wow did he look horrible, with his eyes all red rimmed due to the crying. 
 
"Sehun, can you accompany Jongin outside? I'll just fix myself for a second." Luhan smiled. Finally.
 
"Okay." Sehun smiled back.
 
"You little piece of , Luhan came here for you and look what you have done. You broke his heart and you have no idea of what I'll do to you, I will kill you! Literally!"
 
"You er, I hate you so much. Luhan is hurt because of you. I hope you fall head first into the deepest pit of hell."
 
"Nah. That's too...extreme." All through the journey from the restroom to their table, Sehun was trying to come up with the most scathing words he could to hurl at Jongin.
 
"Sehun! What happened to Luhan?"
 
Sehun snapped out of his train of thoughts, instead saying the first sentence he could think of. "He couldn't hold it anymore, you know... stomachache?"
 
"Phew, I thought something was wrong."
 
A few minutes later, the food was served, while waiting for Luhan. Sehun kept staring at his fork (to avoid looking at Jongin) as if it was the most fascinating thing in the entire universe. 
 
Luhan returned to the table five minutes later looking much brighter.
 
"How's your stomach?" Jongin asked as Luhan took his seat beside him.
 
"My stomach?" 
 
Sehun coughed.
 
Luhan suddenly understood what was going on and then went on to pat his stomach. "Oh! My stomach is better, thanks to Sehun." Sehun smiled.
 
Jongin looked at them suspiciously but decided against asking, rather he suggested to start eating as the food was already getting cold.
 
"So Luhan, are you seeing someone right now?" Jongin asked. This grabbed Sehun's attention almost immediately.
 
"U-uh. No, I'm not." He stuttered. Because Luhan just simply couldn't lie.
 
"But didn't you say you transfered here to meet someone?" Jongin asked as he remembered what Luhan said yesterday.
 
Luhan hesitated for a second before answering "Yes, but that guy found someone else already." Luhan smiled softly with a hint of sadness painted over his face.
 
Jongin could have taken a guess but instead he chose to ask. "Oh, I'm so sorry, may I know who?"
 
"You.." And with that, Luhan ran the fastest he could, ignoring both Sehun's and Jongin's calls.