Chapter 2

The Sound of Fate

It was Sunday, two days after his meeting with the angel aka (you know who) Luhan. With a glass of his favourite chocolate bubble tea and a plate of chocolate chip cookies, he coolly sat at a table situated in the middle of the cafe with his sunglasses on, and his phone in his hands.

The sentence you're going to hear coming from him next was definitely a lie, be prepared.

"I'm not waiting for his text, I'm not waiting for his text," He chanted to himself like a mantra rather loudly which illicited several stares from people but he was too lost in his own world to notice anything.

"I'm not waiting for his text."

 
Beep... Beep...
 
"Oh my god it must be him"
 
"Oh my god what should I do?"
 
He said rather loudly which led to even more people staring at him like he was crazy because he has being talking to himself for the past few minutes. 
 
Sehun couldn't hide his disappointment when he saw it wasn't what he was waiting for. "Ah.."
 
Instead it was his dear daddy that had sent him a text to arrive home in 5 minutes max. "." He cursed out loud. Seriously, people were staring but he didn't give a .
He left his unfinished bubble tea because his father was much scarier, he ran to the parking lot where Minho was waiting or rather sleeping inside the car. 
 
"Hey hyung!" He knocked on the window. "Code red!"
 
Minho seemed to understand as his eyelids suddenly flew open, he blinked a total of 5 times before quickly reaching over to open the door for Sehun to enter.
 
They drove away off.
 
Thank god the cafe wasn't that far from his mansion, so it took approximately 5 minutes to get there. When he arrived, he saw his father outside, greeting a couple of guests.
 
"Oh!" His father laughed. "Sehun you've arrived, here, greet the guests."
 
"Hello, I'm Sehun." He bowed 90 degrees and led the guests into the mansion. He saw them smile at him and there was a girl he guessed was the daughter of the family, she was quite pretty but definitely not his type.
 
As he followed them his father smiled and whispered. "Be good, their daughter, Jung soojung might be your future wife."
 
What the- Sehun sighed. It must be the Jung family, his father always told him that their company was really strong and that they have to merge. It was really stupid, if you ask Sehun. 
 
They were all seated at the dining table with his father talking to Soojung's parents, probably about business but Sehun was silent for majority of the time until he was forced to strike a conversation with the daughter after noticing his father continuously side eyeing him.
 
He finally succumbed.
 
"So, what is your name?" He asked, "I'm Sehun."
 
Sehun tried to strike a conversation though it was kinda awkward.
 
"You can call me Krystal, to make it short, you must know what our parents are doing," Sehun coughed. "And I have a boyfriend so please do not agree to whatever your father says no matter what." She ended it with a smile, though to Sehun it looked like an evil smile.
 
"Woah slow down, I'm not interested in you anyway. I have someone I like too,"  He coughed, loudly, until everyone was looking at him. He quickly bowed. "...maybe." Absentmindedly saying he had someone he liked, but who though? 
 
"Great."
 
After a long agonizing dinner with several prayers to god and the continuous chanting of a mantra asking them to quickly leave, they finally decided to left. Once they were out of the mansion, Sehun immediately went to his bedroom.
Like teenagers usually do, he checked his phone first, seeing a text notification he opened it thinking it was from Minho. But apparently not, it was from an unknown number.
His heart suddenly starts to beat very fast with his thoughts running wild when he saw the message..
 
From: Unknown
I'm Luhan, the guy from the airport, how about dinner?
 
I'm so done.
 
"Oh no...." It was sent over 2 hours ago. His father's no phone policy, when they have guests over. "....."
 
He quickly texted him back saying he was sorry and all as he heaved a sigh full of regrets. "He must hate me now."
 
Beep... Beep...
 
From: Luhan
Oh! It's okay, I understand. :)
 
That smile emoticon at the end sent relief coursing through him. 
 
To: Luhan
How about tomorrow? 
 
As he was playing with his phone, Luhan texted back saying okay. Sehun nearly jumps off his bed in excitement, he definitely couldn't wait for tomorrow. Then he remembered, they went to the same school! 
 
Since they were in the same school and in the same year, why not ask his father to put Luhan in his class. Nursing his brilliant idea, he skipped down to the living room, where his father was. And just incase you were wondering,yes, his father owned Seoul High School.
 
"Dad, I heard there is a new transfer student from China?" He asked slowly, trying not to make his father develop any weird thoughts.
 
"Yes there is." He made the sweetest face that would get his father to agree without any further questions.
 
"Can you put him in my class please?" Yup, the sweetest face he muster.
 
"Why are you suddenly so interested?" Confused, his father asked.
 
"... Because... Oh! I want to learn chinese, I heard that chinese language is very useful for business." He replies smoothly.
 
"Since when did you become this smart Sehun? Sure, I'll arrange it." Sehun mentally performed cartwheels, super excited. 
 
"Thank you, dad." He said before leaving and going upstairs with a big smile decorating his face. 
 
Since it was night already, he went to sleep with a smile plastered on his face and for once actually anticipating school. And his dream that night, was an unforgettable one. 
 
The next day went as usual, he had skipped 3 days of school last week because of the business trips he had to attend. So he needed to work extra hard so that his father wouldn't be mad.
 
"Why are you so happy?" Minho asked confusedly as the scene behind him was a really rare one as Sehun was smiling throughout the journey to school and it kinda crept Minho out. No offense. 
 
"Nothing. I don't think I look happy" he replied though his face said otherwise. Minho just raised an eyebrow at him but kept quiet and decided to enjoy watching the usually stoic Sehun being cheerful.
 
"Bye Minho!!" Sehun waved while walking backwards all too excited and nearly stumbled.
 
"Um, okay bye?" Replied still confused but drove away anyway.
 
The school sign was standing straight, as if greeting every students a good morning , the gates were wide opened as well indicating that they weren't late yet. Sehun went straight to his locker to get his books, but like always a ton of chocolate bars came tumbling out of his locker followed by stacks of letters. If you are wondering, the student lockers have a window through which anyone could slot in gifts and letters 
 
Ignoring it as usual, Sehun takes some of the books he would be needing for today's subjects and walks to his class, 3-2. 
 
When he arrived, some of the students had already arrived and gathered with their group of friends. Sehun takes his seat, at a corner located at the back of the class, ready to start the day!