Chapter 3

The Sound of Fate

The school's bell had just rang and Sehun was sitting comfortably with his phone in his hands, since their teacher Mr. Lee often showed up late. The class was all but quiet, some were playing paper planes (which he really couldn't  understand because they were 17 for god's sake), some were fangirling and kissing magazines, some were applying make up, and some (including him) were playing with their phones. 

 
It wasn't long till he heard the door creak open, Mr. Lee entered with a familiar looking baby-faced boy which immediately led to some whispering and squealing.
 
Though he wasn't the type to squeal, he still couldn't contain all of his feels and unintentionally let out an unmanly squeal. Noticing what he had just done, he quickly covered it with up a cough.
 
Luhan smiled.
 
Sehun died.
 
"OMG." he exclaimed.
 
... Wait! That was supposed to be inside my head not actually said out loud.
 
Said exclamation caused the students including Luhan(whom he made eye contact with, Finally!) to snap their heads towards the source of the noise but thankfully the students decided to ignore him.
 
He recieved a surprise look from Luhan as he was not expecting his luggage 'thief' to be in the same school as him, let alone be in the same class.
 
Although Sehun knew this all along being the mastermind behind it all he chose to act suprised and so he mustered up the most 'suprised' face he could and directed it at Luhan who completely fell the act.
 
Surprise, Face, Success.
 
"Students, this is Luhan, a transfer student from China," Mr. Lee introduced Luhan to the class who in turn bowed a complete 90 degrees.
 
"Be good to him and Luhan, you can choose where to sit." 
 
Some of the girls were whispering something about cute, handsome, and pretty being a perfect combination. Sehun wanted nothing more than to pull their hairs completely off their heads while throwing a "how dare you!" in the mix, but he decided to glare at their skulls instead.
 
As Sehun was still busy with his glaring, 
 
"I want to sit beside Sehun." Luhan said as he pointed at the empty seat beside Sehun. It was because he knew Sehun already, so why not?
 
Sehun's eyes widened almost instantly. He wants to sit beside me! He remembers my name! 
 
Luhan walked to the empty seat and smiled, 
 
freaking smiled at him.
 
"H-hi!" Sehun stuttered and he was certain he wouldn't be able to act normal around Luhan. 
 
Ever.
 
"Hi Sehun! I didn't expect you to be here." Luhan whispered and laughed softly when the teacher started writing something on the board.
 
"Me neither." Sehun nodded at his own words, trying to sound convincing.
 
"Would you maybe give a tour around the school? Since I'm new here and..." Luhan was waiting for Sehun to answer, but he got none. He coughed. "And yeah." 
 
Sehun was thinking hard incase you were wondering, and failed to hear what Luhan was saying. When he heard a cough though, he broke out of his thoughts. "Sorry, what?" He felt extremely dumb.
 
"I was saying, would you tour me around the school?" 
 
Sehun's face lit up almost immediately. Of course he would. "I'll be glad to." He said with a Cheshire grin. 
 
The teacher had already started teaching long ago, while they were busy chatting.
 
"You know, I was really shocked back then," Luhan chuckled. "I thought I lost my luggage for real!"
 
Mr. Lee seemed too occupied with his teaching that he failed to realize that at the back of the class two students were chatting happily. "How could our luggage have looked the same anyways?" Sehun laughed. 
 
Luhan followed him and they laughed until some students shushed them. "But what really surprises me is the fact that we go to the same school and are even in the same class!" Luhan continued. "What a coincidence." 
 
Well for that last part, Sehun wasn't really surprised though, it was his doing afterall. They continued talking until the class ended and Mr. Lee left the class. 
 
Time flies really fast when you're actually enjoying something. (p.s. like stealing glances here and there or 'accidentally' dropping his pen then having Luhan pick it up to give it to him and Sehun would 'accidentally' brush his hand). It wasn't long until lunch break. Like what he had promised in the morning, he would give Luhan a tour around the school. But first,
 
"We should eat. " Sehun said with a smile and Luhan nodded. 
 
"So, why did you transfer here?" Sehun started as they left the classroom and walked side by side.
 
Suddenly, Luhan stopped walking and a blush crept up his pretty face. 
 
"... him."
 
Basically Sehun's mind was filled with '?????'. Though when he saw what Luhan was looking at, he got more confused. "I'm sorry Sehun, you don't have to give me a tour." Luhan said, his face looked rather apologetic. 
 
Sehun didn't even try hard to hide his disappointment. "Oh, it's okay."
 
"Jongin! Kim Jongin!" Luhan called, and said boy turned his head to locate the familiar voice. "Jongin!"
 
Sehun stopped in his tracks on encountering the scene of a Luhan hugging Jongin rather tight.
 
"Luhan! I missed you, you dumbell." Jongin said as they were still hugging. "Why didn't you tell me you transferred here?" 
 
"Even though it's late ... Surprise!" Luhan laughed and made jazz hands as they let go of each other.
 
"Dude, it's been 5 years since we last met and you are," Luhan was expecting something nice coming from Jongin. "still short."
 
Not anymore.
 
"Hey!" Luhan continuously hit him  which made Jongin laugh really loud, resulting in some students looking at them with interest. "And you are still stupid!" Luhan attacked back.
 
"You still look really pretty!" 
 
"Aish this kid... Well, you look like a truck driver!!" 
 
"I look like... Wait what? Truck driver?" 
 
"I don't know, that's what all I can think about right now." Luhan chuckled which caused Jongin to follow suit.
 
"I think we should continue this at the canteen." Jongin said as he looked around and noticed a group of students were already circling them.
 
"People are staring." He leaned in and whispered.
 
Both were oblivious to the sad looking guy eyeing them from afar.
 
Sehun could hear something inside him steadily breaking.
 
-
 
After the lunch break, Sehun saw Luhan wave ethusiastically at Jongin before entering the class.
 
With his face all smiley and happy, he skipped into his seat whilst Sehun's was gloomy, probably because it was displayed vividly all over his face.
 
Luhan worriedly asked him. "What happened Sehun?"
 
"Nothing,"
 
He tried to smile but ended up looking like a dying Seal.
 
"Dinner tonight?" He gets all excited remembering the promise for tonight.
 
"Oh, about that.." From Luhan's tone Sehun was preparing for a disappointing news.
 
"Jongin asked me to eat dinner with him, but then I remembered our promise, so I asked him if I could invite you too," 
 
This is bad. Sehun thought.
 
"And he said yes? 
Are you okay with this?" 
 
because I'm not. Sehun thought
 
"I'm okay with it." Luhan answered.
 
"Who is Jongin to you anyway?" Sehun asked as he couldn't take his curiosity anymore and decided to ask. 
 
Luhan blushed, "He was my childhood friend probably since I was four and I liked him for a long time, but then I had to move back to China, and also you asked me why i transferred here"
 
"Here's my answer, i transferred here because of him, i came here to see him." he finished. 
 
 
 
A/N: Sorry Sehun for making Luhan that
dumb ;; 
 
------------------------------------------
Co-author(more like editor😜)
note(hataesun):
 
Surprise, face, success~~~ *in Lee byunghun's voice*
 
(only a few will get this reference 😁😁, comment if you do)
 
ciao!