Sweet Dreams

You Changed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italicized words within a quotation indicate a thought

“I’m going to be late.” Taeyeon thought to herself as she looked at the time on the car’s dashboard. She peeked over the front passenger's seat and noticed that the traffic in front of the car she was in was not moving. She sighed and let herself fall back on her seat praying that a certain brunette hasn’t arrived at their common destination.

It was past midnight when Taeyeon finally arrived at Tiffany’s EP release party. She spotted her best friend and happily walked over to her to give her congratulations and apologize for her tardiness.

“I’m so sorry, Fany.” Taeyeon pouted. “My flight back was delayed and then there was an accident on the freeway.”

“As long as you arrived here safely it doesn’t matter.” Her best friend smiled as she gave her a firm hug. “Plus the party can finally start with you here.” She teased. Taeyeon could only chuckle at her friend’s bubbly attitude and began to wander her eyes in hopes of finding the girl she’s been yearning to see.

“At 2’o clock, at the bar.” Tiffany hinted. “If you don’t go up yourself. I will force you.”

Taeyeon followed the direction Tiffany had given and her heart began to race when she saw you standing against the counter of the bar with a drink in your hand. You were happily talking along to one of her labelmates, Amber, which she knew you were also very close with due to you two coming from the same states.

“Okay. I can do this.” Taeyeon took a deep breath and looked to her friend for encouragement. Tiffany gave her warm smile and shood her away. Taeyeon began to walk towards you but much to her dismay you began to move from your spot too. She stood at the middle of the dance floor, blocking out the loud music and focused on where’d you go. She saw you head out of the club through the back door.

“Hi Taeyeon!” Taeyeon turned her head towards the direction of the man who had called her name. “I don’t know if you remember me. I’m the one that helped you find Tiffany in the hotel in NY. Jay Park.”

Taeyeon hugged him and assured him that she had not forgotten about him; the fact that Y/N posted a lot of pictures of him on her Instagram also helped. They talked for a while but Taeyeon’s mind was somewhere else. She was constantly looking at the back door, trying to see if you had come back. Jay seemed to notice this and excused himself.

Taeyeon contemplated if she should follow you or not before she made up her mind and headed out through the same door you went through. “I’ve missed too many opportunities.”

She felt herself panic, similar to the feeling she felt at New York, when she couldn’t spot your figure in the alleyway leading to the streets of the neighbourhood. Hoping for some miracle (and no one to spot her) she went out towards the streets and began to walk aimlessly. Thankfully, the streetlamps could only provide so much lighting which made her unrecognizable as people walked by.

She continued to walk for what felt like an hour (it was only a couple minutes) and sighed dejectedly when she couldn’t spot you anywhere. She continued to walk, not wanting to go back to the club due to her sadness of missing you once again.

“She probably headed off again.” Taeyeon thought to herself as she let out a sigh. “It’s just not meant to be.”

Taeyeon spotted a park not too far from where she was and began to grudgingly began to walk towards it. She began to check her social media hoping there would be fanaccounts suggesting as to where you were but the latest updates only showed you entering the venue of Tiffany’s event. She snapped her eyes away from her phone when she heard a familiar voice and figure in front a food cart, which was only a couple feet away, that seemed to be arguing with the merchant.

She saw the man handing the unknown person with what she assumed was the change for what she had bought. The person only pushed the man’s hand back towards him before accepting another bag of the whatever was being sold at the cart.

Out of curiousity as to this person was and why she seemed to draw Taeyeon towards her, she began to follow the dark clothed figure. She saw the figure sit down on one of the benches overlooking the Han river. When she a clear view of the person’s face once she removed the mask from her face, Taeyeon’s heard began to race again. Suddenly feeling lightheaded, Taeyeon stopped abruptly and began to take deep breaths hoping to slow her heart down.

“Just go up to her and say hi, Kim Taeyeon. This is your chance” She encouraged herself. Taking one last deep breath she began to walk towards you.

“Cute.” She thought as she watched you happily eating your bungeoppang as you observed the people walking past you. She finally stood in front of the empty space of the bench you were sitting at.

“Is this spot taken?” She asked when you two finally made eye contact. She gave you a warm smile and let out a soft giggle when you only stared at her in shock with your lips partially open.

“A-Ani yo.” You managed to stutter out. You quickly stood up and motioned her to sit with you. You sat back down once she was settled next to where you were previously sitting. “Wo-would you like some?” You stuttered once again offering her the extra white bag the vendor had given you earlier.

Taeyeon shyly nodded her head and reached out to grab the bag from your hands. A blush began to form on both of yours and her cheeks when her fingers lightly touched yours.

“Annyeong, Kim Taeyeon-imnida.” She playful bowed and held out her hand for you to shake. You laughed at her antics and grabbed her hand, ignoring the electricity that flowed through your body.

“Annyeong, Y/N Y/L/N-imnida.” You played along. “So what do you do?” You joked.

“I work at Lotte World as a hobbit.” She replied seriously as she grabbed a fish out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter