Swap It Out

You Changed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italicized words within a quotation indicate a thought

You placed your phone down, as the valet driver got closer to you. You could hear a faint voice calling your name but you chose to ignore it thinking that it was another interviewer trying to develop an interview with you.

You quickly hopped into your car and sped off to avoid anyone from stopping you for another picture or interview, not knowing that the person yelling your name was Taeyeon.

-

“No no no.” Taeyeon anxiously repeated. She began to use every fiber of her short legs to catch up to you but even that was not enough.  She stopped abruptly when she saw you drive off ignoring the annoyed glares from the people who have bumped into her.

Taeyeon let out a bitter laugh directed towards herself. “That was my last chance.”

-

You gave the car keys to the valet driver before heading into the hotel to meet up with Jay. You began to look around the lobby hoping to spot another pink haired girl but all you saw were the faces of people you’ve never met before.

“Looking for her?” Jay yelled across the lobby. You walked towards him and nodded sadly. “I asked around if they knew a guest with pink hair.” He said with a smile.  You looked at him with a glimmer of hope. Whenever Jay says that he ‘looked around’, he does not disappoint and this was not an exception.

“One of the security guards said that she escorted someone this morning with pink hair and with my charm, she gave me a copy of one of the security footage.” He smirked proudly. We walked toward the hotel’s café and sat in the same table that I sat with the pink haired stranger—the thought of that night bringing a small smile to my face.

“Thinking about her again? I’m sure your smile will grow wider when you see who it is.” He teased. You looked at him questionably and felt a phone slide into your hands underneath the table. You hesitantly opened it; you wanted to know her identity but a part of you was felt down knowing that the sense of mystery in this one-sided relationship would soon fade away as soon as hit play.

Sensing your hesitance, Jay decided to hit the play button on the screen instead. He laughed at how your eyes grew larger when you saw whom he had found out to be the pink-haired girl. You quickly gave him the phone back and stood up.

“Stop playing around Jay.” You glared at him before walking away. He swiftly caught up to you and began to whisper in case someone was listening for a new scoop.

“Who else in this hotel can possibly fit your description? She’s Korean and her hair is a shade of pink.” He tried to reason out. “Think about it Y/N. The room rates in this hotel have gone significantly up this week due to the fashion shows. The only way you could possibly reserve a room is if you were a celebrity or you have money. Both of which Taeyeon have.”

You shook your head furiously, not accepting the thought that Taeyeon could be the pink haired stranger from last night, which caused Jay to groan out of frustration. “I don’t understand why you’re so against the idea that it was her. If it was someone else, they would be jumping in joy right now.”

“I told you that girl was a fan of mine. Taeyeon has never showed any interest in me.” You sighed sadly.

“But Tiffany has.” He gave you an encouraging smile. “With the news of her dating BaekHyun, maybe she thought that showing an attraction towards you would create a scandal. You know how badly his fans would react."

"I don't care. Whatever she doesn't concern me." You shrugged. Jay looked at you worriedly but decided not to talk about the topic anymore. You wanted to be happy. You wanted the pink haired stranger from Taeyeon but you knew that even if she were the pink haired girl, nothing would change. She would still be dating BaekHyun and you’d still have a broken heart.

-

“I wasn’t fast enough, Fany.” Taeyeon mumbled holding in her tears. She was currently heading back to the hotel to change for another fashion show along with her group mate, Tiffany Hwang. Tiffany smiled sadly at her friend and allowed Taeyeon to consume herself in her music. She knew that any words of encouragement would be in vain right now and the only thing she could do is be with her.

“Don’t worry Taetae. I know you two will be together soon.”

-

It was the last day of fashion week and the two girls have not seen each other ever since Y/N sped off leaving Taeyeon behind. Neither has attempted to contact each other even though they both knew that they were staying in the same hotel.

Y/N still did not believe that Taeyeon was the pink haired girl. Each night, she would sit at the same table in café hoping that the stranger from that night would come back and finally have a hot drink with her; but each morning she would wake up with a heavy heart due to two pink haired girls not knowing that they were one.

It was only last night that things became different. Instead of going to the café, she went to one of SoHo’s trendiest club. Of course the paparazzi were waiting outside to take a picture, wanting to be the first to post who she’d walk out with. However, the only thing they received was a cold face and Y/N driving off.

Taeyeon on the other hand woke up the same way as Y/N. The day that she yelled out for Y/N was the same day that she made up with her boyfriend, Byun BaekHyun. Taeyeon loved the boy but not the same way he loved her. When he asked her to be his, she couldn’t say no. The person that truly had her heart did not know her—well that’s what she thought. She tried loving him back but every time someone would mention Y/N, her efforts would all fade away. She did not know why she was so infatuated by the tanned brunette. Taeyeon felt so natural loving her like her heart was made to beat for her.

Until that night. BaekHyun refuted the idea of the break they were currently in stati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter