Connect

You Changed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italicized words within a quotation indicate a thought

Tiffany huffed in annoyance when she realized that Taeyeon would not stop running away from her. She continuously yelled her best friend’s name in hopes of at least making her turn around.

“Taeyeon, please!” She pleaded as she continued to run after her. “Let me explain!”

It was then that Taeyeon finally stopped in the middle of the hallway with her head hung low. As Tiffany quickened her pace in fear that Taeyeon would run away again, she could her subtle sniffles. Tiffany gently held Taeyeon’s hand and led her to the stairwell to avoid anyone from seeing her friend’s tragic state.

Once they arrived at Tiffany’s room, which was only two floors below yours, Taeyeon quietly sat down on the edge of the bed still avoiding eye contact with her friend knowing that seeing the girl’s face would only remind her of what she had seen in her hotel room.

“It’s not what you think.” Tiffany sighed. “I know it doesn’t look good but you know I would never do that to you.” The pout on Tiffany’s face only deepened when Taeyeon remained silent.

“I don’t even know why I’m affected by it.” Taeyeon laughed sadly breaking the silence. “It’s obvious Fany, she likes you. She probably always has.” Taeyeon smiled dejectedly.

“Remember when I followed her but then quickly unfollowed because I was afraid of what the fans would think of me?” Tiffany could only nod knowing where this was heading. “She didn’t even care. Even with our fans bombarding her with screenshots, she had no response but when you followed her she was so quick to react.”

“Tae.” Tiffany quickly interrupted her train of thoughts. “She only followed me because I expressed my admiration for her. Maybe she was unsure if you really did follow her or if you were even into her, as a fan of course.” She continued to talk when she noticed that her friend’s attention was purely on her now.

“I think she was just afraid of drawing negative attention towards you because from what I can see, Y/N cares about others more than what the media is portraying and she feels like she’s not any good. Didn’t she tell you that herself? She thinks she’s a bad person.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore Fany.” Taeyeon sighed as she layed on the bed, tired from the topic they were talking about. As much as she wanted to believe her friend’s words, it still did not change her mind that maybe you were attracted Tiffany. “I love Baekhyun.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes and headed over to the small concession table at the corner of her room. Taeyeon sighed once again, feeling the pain her chest as she said those three words. She wanted to believe it herself but there was no denying that what had happened earlier only brought back her feelings for you, even if it hurt.

“I like Baekhyun. I really do.” Tiffany stated after she took a swig of the water bottle in her hand. “But your relationship is something that I can never fully accept because I know you’re only lying to yourself.”

“I’m not lyi-”

“Y/N is heartbroken right now Tae.” Tiffany interrupted her. “Apparently the girl she loves doesn’t love her back. Which proves that I’m not the one she liked and it also means this is your chance.” She smiled encouragingly as she sat down next to her friend.

-

“Well your plan backfired Jay.” You growled at your friend. “Taeyeon probably thinks something happened between Tiffany and I.”

“I didn’t think you and Tiffany would so close to one another like that..” Jay watched you as you walked frustratedly across your room. “I thought this was a chance for you to meet Taeyeon before she left.”

“Well you thought wrong.” You stopped and glared at him. “You know you could have texted me instead to bring Tiffany to her room.”

“I’m sorry.” Your friend hung his head low. “I just–I just want you to be with her you know? She’s the first girl who has ever captured your heart.”

“Don’t apologize Jay.” You hugged him lovingly. “I’m just upset at myself really. I had so many opportunities in the past and I let it go but I meant it when I said I want to move on.”

“But Y/N–” He wrapped his arms around you protectively.

“She’s happy now. Baekhyun can give her the love I could never give her.” You mumbled against his chest, allowing the tears fall from your eyes freely. “I know it’ll be hard and it’ll take some time but I need peace Jay.”

“I still think there was something about Taeyeon’s reaction when she saw you.” Jay pulled you away from him to look you in the eyes. “But if that’s what you want, I’ll support you.”

-

It has almost been a year since the New York incident. Your friendship with Tiffany only got stronger through time. You were thankful for the eye-smiling girl. The stress of creating an album was getting to you a lot but FaceTiming Tiffany in the studio relieve some of that stress. You weren’t in love with her and you knew that you would never fall for her because in your he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter