Chapter 4

Devil's Temptation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Last chapter for Joy Day. :) Let's be happy. ^^ 

 

 

 

I was rather happy, no, totally pleased with Minho’s suggestion. Smug about the results when everyone turned back obediently to the front, I gave one last glance at my embarrassed angel, bowing at the principal again.

 

“I have everything under control, Sir.” I said, nodding at Changmin who went up the stage to dismiss the freshmen and gather the senior volunteers.

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi, that is—”

 

“You have nothing to worry about, Sir.” I smiled my good president smile, which effectively turned the principal quiet with a sigh. With my father’s sponsoring and my popularity among the students, I knew there were many things I could get off with, one of it being this. Spotting my two council advisors next, I winked at them, smirking at Leeteuk who narrowed his eyes disapprovingly at me. Kangin, on the other hand, burst out in his hearty laughter as he pointed his finger flippantly at me. I shrugged – they were part of my father’s ‘sponsoring’. And since I met them at ten years old, I already had them wrapped around my little finger.

 

 

Turning to see the students flowing out of the auditorium, I tried to catch sight of my angel again, but he had already disappeared.        

 

“Kyuhyun!” Suho rushed over excitedly, passing me a set of materials I recognised as freshmen orientation handbook and pamphlets.

 

“What?” I flipped through the materials uninterestedly. “I thought I made it clear that I’m not participating in the freshmen buddy initiative. I have an entire orientation to run with Chang, you know.”

 

“You sure you want to pull out?” Suho raised his eyebrow amusedly. “You might want to look at the freshie’s name printed on the handbook before saying that.”

 

“Whatttt?” I dragged the word, pulling the handbook out of the pile to check the name.

 

 

Name: Lee Sungmin. Major: Theater/Music

 

 

“The other theater volunteers left him for you after your declaration.” Suho added, pointing towards the visibly smaller circle of Theater seniors who were still selecting their freshmen buddies. Majors in the Arts department always had fewer students than the others.

 

“Thanks.” I grinned, “Since when was Sungmin doing theater though? Heechul said he was doing Music, a different major.”

 

“Oh god, Kyuhyun.” Suho exclaimed, one of his few dramatic moments appearing. “You didn’t know?!”

 

“Know what?”

 

“Lee Sungmin is that double major scholarship student our entire faculty has been talking about!”

 

And then it clicked. That talented double major guy who got in with a scholarship was Sungmin. My y, talented angel.

 

“Oh.” The word fell out of my mouth, and it took two seconds before I gripped a hold of myself. “Of course I know! I was just confused for a moment!”

 

“Yeah, right.” Suho laughed, nudging me in the shoulder. “Of course you know, capable president.”

 

“Go do your work.” I faked annoyance, giving him a kick that landed at air as he jumped away with a laugh, returning to his duties.

 

Looking down at the handbook in my hands again, I snorted at my own stupidity this time. Since when were Heechul’s words accurate? I needed to stop listening to that crazy guy. Now that I was holding Sungmin’s handbook, I realised that I haven’t thought of how I would deal with his buddy if he had been doing Music only. I guess even heavens were helping me with my target this time – the game has now truly begun.

 

 

 

The next few hours, including lunchtime flew past as we prepared for the afternoon of orientation. It struck three before I knew it, and I rushed down from the council room to the assigned studio room for Theater freshmen to gather in. Luckily, I made it there before my angel.

 

“Suho!” I called out, smiling and greeting back the other volunteer buddies as I passed by them to get to the in-charge. “One minute. Tell me what I have to do.” I ordered, needing a quick summary since I had missed the briefing to do another briefing at the council room.

 

“One minute? You might as well not be a buddy!” Suho snatched the freshmen materials from me, hitting my head once.

 

I scowled and glared at him until he apologised with a guilty smile.

 

“Alright, President.” He said, a cue for us both to get back into work mode as he pulled out a stapled handout from the file of materials. “This is the orientation schedule, which you obviously know. Note the activities that involve the senior buddy,” he pointed to a few as examples, “There are talks and games and whatnot. But basically as a buddy, you teach the freshman about the school, give tips about our major and help him get used to this college.” He dumped everything back into my hands, “There. Briefing done.”

 

“That’s it?” I stared at him.

 

“You said one minute,” Suho shrugged, “I gave you a few seconds to spare.” He turned me around by the shoulders, pushing me towards the back of the room. “Just stick around and talk to the others while we wait for the freshmen. You’re smart enough to figure out the rest by yourself.”

 

I nodded, finding truth in his words as I walked in the direction he pushed me in. “Thanks!” I shouted at him belatedly, my appreciation lost in the noise of the studio as he got busy with his team again.

 

 

I barely had the time to greet the other seniors, some of them my batch mates, before Suho clapped his hands loudly to gather the attention of the room. The session was starting, but my angel was nowhere to be seen. I was about to delay the start when the door was pushed open abruptly by no other than my angel, his frantic face immediately disappearing in an apologetic bow for being late.

 

“It’s okay, we haven’t started, Sungmin-ssi.” Suho said with a smile, and my angel visibly frowned at the mention of his name that earned him the weight of the other pairs of eyes in the room. He probably was uncomfortable with being known throughout college, but this was just the start. I will make him love the attention and hate it at the same time.

 

Sungmin immediately took a seat on the floor by the side, the lack of attention given to the seniors, specifically me at the back a great disappointment. But I forgive him, for my angel looked too cute with the crease between his eyebrows, a slight pout on his lips as he tried to ignore the whisperings around him by focusing on what Suho was saying.

 

My admiration session seemed to end too soon when Suho declared that he would now announce the buddy name list. There were twenty-eight in Sungmin’s batch, who would be paired up with eighteen seniors other than me. Some easily took charge of two freshmen, stepping out when Suho read their names. When Sungmin turned back to glance at the seniors, I deliberately moved behind another guy, wanting to maintain the suspense till the end.

 

My angel frowned cutely again when Suho deliberately skipped his name on the alphabetical list, and he awkwardly stood up upon realising that everyone was standing with their buddies.

 

“Lee Sungmin-ssi?” Suho called out.

 

“Here.”

 

“Your buddy is the last one at the back.”

 

That was when everyone else – I should pay them for their cooperation without being told to do so – parted in the middle as Sungmin turned around. The smile on my face grew wider with each millimeter Sungmin’s eyes grew bigger at the recognition of me. He stared for five whole seconds before turning to Suho and grabbing Suho’s arm.

 

“Can I change buddy please, Suho sunbaenim?” Sungmin threw another panicked glance at me as I strode down the invisible red carpet towards my angel. “Anyone! Anyone but him!”

 

“Suho, you better stop that if you still want your arm,” I said in amusement, causing a few chuck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter