Chapter 5

Devil's Temptation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

 

“Are you coming home for Christmas?” Mother asked me.

 

I switched my cell to my other ear as I looked at the orientation homework they gave us. After running away from the ert, I came back to the studio room and waited for the other freshmen to gather.  

 

The seniors mainly explained about the activities we would be doing for the next day and the homework we had to do, after which we were dismissed. There were 3 days of orientation but I didn’t expect that we would be given homework to do.

 

“Of course mom, where else would I go for Christmas?”

 

“Good. Tell Heechul to come over too.”

 

I smiled. “I’ll tell him. Love you.”

 

I hang up and put my cell phone into my pocket. Orientation only lasted for 3 days, I can handle that. There was no way I could get out of it anyway; all new students had to go through it. 

 

I liked university so far, though I know I will have to lay low for awhile. I scowled thinking how much embarrassment Kyuhyun had caused me today. I don’t understand his intentions, is he even genuine about what he says? I let out a breath, I have class every weekday, having either drama or music class. Knowing that Kyuhyun majors in theater, I would probably see him often. I grimaced at that thought.

 

I also liked the city. It has only been a couple of days, but I could see myself staying here after graduation, finding a job and getting my own apartment. I smiled to myself as I thought about the future and opened the door to the apartment. My smile faded as soon as it met the eyes of four other guys lounging around the apartment. Kyuhyun was standing in the kitchen whilst the handsome guy from the elevator was standing right beside him. The erted couple I met atthe garden earlier today was sitting on the couch.

 

Why the hell is Kyuhyun here?

 

Why the hell are all of them here?

 

I glared at Kyuhyun as I kicked off my shoes and dropped my stuff on the counter. Heechul hadto work late again, and I had been looking forward to the peace and quiet tonight so that I could get all the homework done.

 

“Hello Angel” Kyuhyun smiled as he approached me.

 

“I’m not your angel! Why are you here?”

 

“It’s Wednesday.”

 

“So?” I questioned. “Tomorrow is Thursday and the day after is Friday.” I turned to the couplesitting on the couch. “Why are you all in my apartment?”

 

Handsome elevator guy suddenly walked over to me. He extended his hand, a dashing smile planted on his face. “Sungmin” he said, “I’m Siwon. I’m friends with Heechul hyung, I live right below you guys” I tentatively shook his hand.

 

Kyuhyun walked towards us and separated our hands, glaring at Siwon. Then he pointed to the game set, lying on the floor, connected to the television. “This is a kind of thing we do on Wednesdays. Game night.”

 

I don’t care if it’s their thing. I had homework to do.

 

“Heechul isn’t even here. Can’t you do this in your apartment? I need to finish my homework.”

 

“The game is already set up. We always have game night here, irrespective of Heechul being present or not.”

 

I rolled my eyes and grabbed all my stuff, walking away to my bedroom before slamming the door hard.

 

I changed out of my clothes and pulled a pair of sweatpants out; I would take a shower when they all leave, I could not risk it with the ert in the unit. I grabbed the shirt I slept in last night and just when I was pulling it over my head, someone knocked on the door. I swung it open almost as dramatically as I had slammed it earlier.

 

Kyuhyun was standing right in front of me, towering over me. At first, I didn’t realize how tall he was, but now that he was standing in my doorway, centimeters away from me, I could see itmore clearly. 

 

If he were to wrap his arms around me right now, my face would press up against his neck and shoulder. Then his cheek would rest comfortably on top of my head. If he were to kiss me, I’d have to tilt my face up to meet his, but it would be nice, because he would probably wrap his arms around my lower back and pull me up to him so that our mouths would come together like two pieces of a puzzle. 

 

My eyes widened at my ridiculous thoughts. I took a few steps back. Something strange wasgoing on in my chest. A flutter; flutter kind of feeling. I hated it, because I knew what it meant. It meant that my body was really starting to like Kyuhyun.

 

I just hoped that my brain would not hop on board this train. I would not mind if my brain missed this ridiculous thought.

 

He smiled sheepishly at me, almost looking apologetic, “If you need peace and quiet, you could go to my place,” he said. 

 

I cringed at the sudden excitement that filled my chest. I shouldn’t be this curious about seeing the inside of his apartment, but I was. “We’ll probably be here for another two hours,” he added. I could hear regret in his voice. 

 

I expelled a quick, relinquishing breath. I was being an . This isn’t even my apartment. This is their thing that they obviously do on a regular basis, and who am I to think I can just move in and put a stop to it?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter