Exterminated

Bulletproof High School

"Oh Hyojin!" Kyungmi noticed me beside Hoseok and gave me a phony grin. "Oppa, this is my friend, Hyojin, who is so confused that she doesn't even realize that her best friend is her worst enemy!" Kyungmi gestured to me while talking to the guy next to her. 

My hands went to pulsing fists. My teeth clenched and I turned around fiercely, looking for Naeun. She was right behind me with a firm expression. I couldn't figure out what she was thinking so I just turned back to Kyungmi.

"I think you're confused Kyungmi," my voice was unstable with fury.

"Don't worry, Hyojin, we all have a friend like that," the security guard smiled reassuringly towards me. Instead of smiling back, I grimaced in response.

"Well I think you have just made yours..." Frustrated words piled out of my mouth. 

"Aw, Hyojin, you don't have to think that he feels that you would deceive him like Hoseok did to you," Kyungmi gave me a pouty face and batted her eyes.

"I wasn't talking about myself, how condescending would that be?" I batted my eyes back at her. She sneered at me and looked back to the security guard who was on the fence between smiling and frowning. "Naeun, please take her. She is the one who really did it," I tried to gently order the agent to take care of the evil wench. 

"Ah Naeun unnie~ Do you want some of the coffee I made? It's black coffee, it's a very expensive brand and-"

"Sorry, I don't drink black coffee. Now I would like to ask you to come with me," Naeun kept the same expression the whole time. Kyungmi frowned and looked over at the security guard.

"Excuse me, may I ask who you are?" The guard apparently wanted to protect Kyungmi as he stood up to talk to Naeun.

"I'm agent Jung Naeun with the FBI. I hope you'll let her come with me or you and I might have a problem," she gave a quick smile and looked back at Kyungmi who was rooted in her seat. "I see you don't want to move so then let's just do this right her, shall we?" Naeun took a seat across from the accused and then looked up at the still standing guard with an expecting look. 

"Oh! I'm sorry, please excuse me," the young security guard hurried off, passing Yongguk on the way out. Yongguk smirked at the boy for being so frightened by the slim Naeun.

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"Sure, whatever, I have nothing to be ashamed of since I was only trying to help my friend," Kyungmi lied with a smile. 

"Hoseok, Hyojin, why don't you go out for a bit and I'll come get you when we are done here," Naeun directed us out to which we hesitantly listened.

Hoseok and I exited the security office, leaving Yongguk with Naeun. "I can't believe she can keep this act up. She makes me sick," Hoseok sat down on a bench outside of the security office so I followed. "Do you think she will be able to convince them? Do you think we will get accused even though we are innocent? You know, like in one of those crime shows where they get the wrong culprit? I can't be a prisoner! I wouldn't last one day in that hell hole!" Hoseok began hyperventilating so I his back.

"Calm you breathing, oppa," I whispered to him gently as my hand ran up and down his hunched back. 

"Hyojin-ah?" Hoseok didn't look up to meet my questioning gaze but somehow I knew his eyes were sad.

"What's wrong Hopie?"

"Do you think my parents would care if I were imprisoned?" His voice drooped. I stayed silent for a while, not really sure of what I should say. "I don't think they would. Face it, they only really care about who gets the velvet couch. They don't give a about where I go when they finally divorce. It would just be a relief for them if I was in prison so they don't have to worry about a place for me to be housed."

"Hoseok..." My hand gently lay on his waist as I pulled him towards me. The side of his face finally came closer to me and my heart clenched. Tears were quickly showering his face. "Oppa, your parents may seem so cold right now but when all of this is over between them, they each will want their turn to spoil you," I used my most reassuring voice as I held him close. 

"Hyojin, they aren't exactly the loving parents you picture them to be," Hoseok's tone was suddenly harsh. "They are business people. I don't think you know what it's like to have them come home every night just to make calls, fill out paperwork, and leave for meetings." Though he wasn't yelling, his voice whipped me around like strong wind. His last sentence really hit home and my self control snapped.

"Well at least your parents come home at the end of the day!" My voice was more snappy than I had expected it to be. "My mom is a freaking lawyer. But do you know where she decided she wanted to work? She went and thought it would be such a great idea to go off and be a lawyer in Germany, leaving me with my shady father! I don't even know the whereabouts of my father most of the time. He is probably is the slums right now, trying to sell drugs or something of that sort. I only see him when he comes home to get money. The money that my mom sent back for me to pay for food and extra things. How shall I eat each month if his sorry  keeps coming back?!"

Hoseok was looking at my face. It looked like he was trying to imprint it in his eyes. He was studying me. What on earth... I have absolutely never seen him look at me like that...

"Hyojin-ah."

"Hmm?"

"Why did your eyes lighten and your face loosen as you told me? I can tell you why. Because you hold everything in-"

"I certainly do no-"

"Yes, Hyojin, you do," Hoseok put his finger up to my lips to ward off any other protests. "You hold in the things that really matter. The things you keep to yourself are the ones that really tear you apart. I guess you are just as bad as me then," Hoseok chuckled slightly before standing up. "Petalfly, let's go visit Namjoon."

I followed slowly after Hoseok. Something about what he said was really hitting me. had been holding that in for as long as I can remember and somehow, now I feel light. Suddenly, I bumped into somebody. I looked up to see that same gorgeous smile that we had encountered before. Heat swarmed in my cheeks as I examined his beautiful complexion.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" His voice was deep and soothing.

"I- uh- I'm-"

"Hyojin-ah! Stop messing around and hurry up. He is laying all alone in that creepy hospital room!" Hoseok's slightly judging voice filled the air around us.

"I'll see you around maybe," the boy gave me another dazzling smile before walking away.

I just stood there in a daze for a few seconds until I felt a sudden tug on my left arm, my good arm. Hoseok had come back to bring me with him. He kept giving me a funny look but I was too stunned by what had just happened to pay any attention to his glances.

"Hyojin come on! Just pull yourself together and visit Namjoon," Hoseok got sick of dragging me along so he stood glaring at me.

"Okay, okay, sorry Mr. Sassypants," I taunted him as I walked the last few feet to Namjoon's hospital room. "Oppa~ Oppa, it's me, Hyojin," I entered the room cautiously. The moment I saw the bed though, I started to panic. 

The bed was empty. The sheets were back like someone got out but there was no one around. Chills began to climb up my spine. I had started to freak myself out when- "BOO!!" Namjoon's beaten body flung out from behind the curtain.

"Aaaaah!!" My terrified scream pierced the air.

"Holy , Hyojin, you scared the pee out of me!" Hoseok jerked into the room. "AH!" Hoseok let out a yell too when he saw Namjoon standing there.

"Hyung!" Namjoon too was surprised by the visitor. "Were you proven innocent?"

"Huh? No, but hopefully soon... why are you up? How are you up?! How long have you been like this?!"

"Well, pretty long actually. I think I was asleep for the initial knock out but after that, I could hear everything."

Hoseok nodded slowly with his mouth open wide in disbelief. He then looked at me, "Did you know?"

"Well... yes," I answered honestly.

"Man, I'm always left out of everything..." Namjoon and I laughed at Hoseok's dismay.

"Hyojin, Hoseok, could you please come out here and tell me your side of the story?" Naeun's voice made all of us flinch in shock. Hoseok and I looked at each other and went out to meet her in the hall. "Hoseok, I know you already told me everything you can remember but Hyojin, I need you to walk me through the whole thing."

"But I already did."

"No, I need an actual walk through. I'll talk you through it but this is very important. Hoseok, I want you to go wait with my husband in his friend's office that we went to earlier. Tell him I sent you and he can get you something to eat and drink," Naeun directed Hoseok down the hall before sitting me down on a bench in the hall. "Now, close your eyes and imagine the scene where things truly started to go horribly wrong in front of you," Naeun directed. "What do you see?"

"I see Kyungmi standing over Namjoon with her phone. She is about to take the picture when I hit her phone."

"Okay. Tell me what you hear."

"I can hear an ambulance in the background and people running down the hallway. I think that's all- wait. I hear a click."

"A click? What kind of click?"

"Kind of like the one when you go to take a vid.." My voice trailed off.

"Like the click you hear when you film with your phone?" Naeun pressed.

"Yes. Then I hear the phone hit the ground."

"Did you hear it crack?"

"No, it just sounds like it hit its back or side."

"Okay. So..." Naeun continued the session and ended it with an interested glint in her eyes. "I'll be seeing you very soon. Why don't you take a walk around the hospital or visit some patients and I'll come find you," Naeun grinned but kept her composure.

Okaaay well that was weird. I my heel and headed towards Yoongi's room. As I got closer to the room, I could hear a voice. The voice was that of a girl. 

"Oppa, I came to visit you because my boyfriend thought it would only be right to tell you something." There was a slight pause and then the wicked voice continued, "I wanted to show you a picture of my boyfriend. Notice that I didn't use the word 'new' because he is not new. He is hmm just two weeks newer than you were. That's right, I was dating while we were together. I bet you are expecting and apology but guess what? I don't have one. I am absolutely not sorry! You sorry, creepy, little brat are now crippled. No girl is ever going to want you now. But then again, no girl ever wanted you before either!" There was strong cackling and that was when I blew my top. That malicious laughter was just too familiar.

I took a very, very, extremely deep breath before skipping into the room with a smile on my face. "Oppa~!" I called out, running to Yoongi and grabbing his arm. "What are you doing? You were supposed to meet me ten minutes ago! Come on oppa, we can't have a double date with oppa and unnie unless we both are there. It isn't called a date with the third wheel for a reason. We both need to be there to make it a double date!" I giggled as cutely as I could after I pouted so much that I thought my lips would fall off. I began pulling the stunned Yoongi away, trying to leave the dumbfounded girl behind when I heard a high pitched shriek.

"Oppa, who is this?! How could you cheat on me?! Was our love we shared that night... together... at your house in you-" I cut the girl off before she could get any further.

"Stop it! My Yoongi has been through enough today! I don't know who you are but you need to leave immediately. You are not welcome here and you are never welcome back!" I hissed at her and rushed Yoongi away. 

Once we had gotten far enough from the room, I held Yoongi by the shoulders and looked at his face. Tears dripped off his chin and fell on the tile floor. His eyes were sad and hurt.

"Yoongi..." He looked up at me and smiled. "What? Why are you happy now?" 

Yoongi took out his phone and texted me 'Because you saved me and you stood up for me when nobody else ever has' He smiled happily at me. His smile shrunk a bit when a voice equally as annoying as that of the girl who made Yoongi cry came charging towards us.

"Park Hyojin! This is all because of you!!" Kyungmi flung herself at me, tackling me to the ground. 

Ouch.

"Kyungmi! What the hell are you doing?! That is my fight to fight!" The girl from Yoongi's room's voice stabbed through the air. "Kyungmi, stop it."

"Who is Kyungmi to you?" Naeun's stern voice joined in.

"She's my twin sister and who are you?" 

Twins? They are twins?!

"I'm with the government and I would just like to ask you a few questions."

"Okay sure," the girl willingly obliged.

"What stands out to you about Kyungmi? Anything at all. For example, I could say; my cousin is very not athletic and is only good at video games."

"Well Kyungmi really likes shopping... oh! And she played softball throughout middle school and even earlier than that."

"Oh is that so?" Naeun clarified. I noticed the girl nodding as I pushed Kyungmi off of my body with my legs. "Did you hear all that honey?" Naeun called out and out of no where, the officer came towards Kyungmi with handcuffs.

"Lee Kyungmi, you are coming with me. If you put up a fight, I am using these," the officer waved his handcuffs around.

Kyungmi froze. Her cheeks turned red as she became flustered. "W-what? I didn't do anything!"

"We have proof, Kyungmi. You took the video yourself. And your sister gave us the vital information that you do have a strong enough arm to have thrown that humidifier at Hyojin," the officer gave a victorious smile before attempting to grab Kyungmi's arm.

"You ! You did this to me!" Kyungmi lifted her fist at me and brought it down at full speed, taking me by surprise. I squeezed my eyes shut but before her fist could reach me, someone snatched her by the wrist and threw her to the ground.

Slowly, I peeked my eyes open...

 

 

_________________

I know it has been very long since my last update, I have too many stories ><

Please comment who you think saved her! ^^