Silently

Bulletproof High School

My eyes twitched as I came back to my senses. My hearing came back to me before my sight kicked in. "I don't really understand the meaning of her words though-" Hyerim's mellow voice sailed through the air just to be drowned by Kyungmi's.

"I wouldn't worry about it. She was just in shock that her friend would do that to her. It's normal to want to blame someone as innocent as me."

I cringed internally. What the hell is this talking about?! I waited to hear if anything else happened. When I heard leaving footsteps, I slowly peeled my eyes open. I was laying on a bed with my own IV and my own heart monitor. I looked down at myself. At least I'm still wearing my own clothes. To my left, I saw the green curtain that splits two hospital beds in an attempt to make two separate rooms. I lifted my body up slowly, starting with my head. When I got to the part where I'd have to support my upper body with my arms, I fell back down. I glanced down at my arms frantically. They were both wrapped in white gauze and ace bandages. 

I tried to think outside of the box since I knew getting up using my arms in any way was not a good plan. So I dragged myself up by using my stomach muscles and leg strength. My knees were bent and sticking up straight to help me force my way up.

Finally I was in a sitting position. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and plopped off. They had evidently taken off my shoes because the cold of the tiles seeped into the thin fabric of my socks and onto my feet. I stumbled around, trying to find my shoes. When I had them securely on my feet, I went to slip past the curtain.

"Namjoon?!" I have been next to him this whole time?! I frowned in surprise at the familiar body lying on the bed. 

"Yeah?"

My mouth fell agape when a voice came from the bed. "O-oppa?" I cautiously approached his bedside.

"Yes? What is it?" He turned his head to look at me and my eyes widened. 

"Namjoon! You're awake?!"

A pleasant grin played at his lips. "Yeah I'm awake."

"H-how long?"

"Well, I could hear everything this whole time but I've been unable to move or talk." I just stood there speechless. Is that even possible? I thought that only happen in movies!  "Hey, Hyerim, you okay?" My legs deceived me and I fell on my and let out a tiny yelp at the impact. I apparently had bruised my behind when I was shoved to the ground earlier today.

"Yeah, I'll be okay, I guess." I sat there for a bit, not having the strength to stand just yet. "What about you?" There was no response for quite some time so I stood up and looked at his colored face. The purple around his eyes seemed to melt as a tear ran over it. "Oppa, hey it's all right. Why are you like this?" I asked referring to his teary eyed state.

"I know I shouldn't be like this. It's stupid, huh? I shouldn't feel so empty and lost when finding out that Kyungmi used me. She only loved me because I was the most popular at our middle school. But now we are in high school and there are more popular boys than me and so she doesn't want me anymore." He sobbed as he spoke and each sob wracked his beaten body. 

"No Namjoon oppa, it's not stupid. You loved her, you probably still do, but unfortunately she seems to never have returned that feeling. I wish that your heart would let you be at peace and help you let go of her. Please try to forget her, she never deserved you. Hoseok and I love you Namjoonie, we want you to be happy. We will always be here to help you and support you so there is no need to feel alone, ever." Namjoon's eyes searched mine with tears overflowing the minimal protection given by his eyelids.

"Hyerim, I really appreciate your care. Hoseok's too but I can't shake off the feeling that you don't care about the petty problems that fill my life."

"What are you talking about? Of course I care. I care about any problem you may have. You can always ask me for help. Hoseok is the same way too! Oppa, we care about you!" I tried my best to reach out and grasp Namjoon's soft hand in my own two hands. My injured arms limited me a bit but I tried to ignore the throbbing that began to spread throughout my forearms. "Please don't feel like your problems are petty! Any problem of yours isn't a petty matter to me. I want you to be able to be carefree and happy. Please smile for me some more!" A tear tumbled down my cheek. 

"Okay, Hyerim, I'll do my honest best. Now then, what ever did happen to our Hoseok?" My eyes widened massively and I dropped his hand. I looked around with a frown. "What? What happened?!" Namjoon looked like he was about to jumped right out of that bed and start running around to find our friend.

"He-he was taken away by guards! Wait! How long was I out for?!" Namjoon just stared blankly at me.

"Uhm... about two hours?" 

"Two hours?!" I began pacing along the length of his bed. What could have happened to Hoseok in that time?? "Do you know where he might be?"

"Uh no... remember? I was the one who asked you." I whined feeling very annoyed. My hands reached up and clutched hard onto my hair. I let out a yell of both frustration and pain. My arms were beginning to pang and didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. "Hyojin! Stop that! You are hurting yourself!" Namjoon's desperate calls cleared my head.

"I'm going to try and find him." I confirmed with him before hurrying out of the room. Hoseok, Hoseok, where are you? The sound of feet brought me to my senses. I turned to look down the hall and saw a doctor quickly walking my way. "Excuse me? Sir?" The doctor looked up from the clipboard that he had been immersed in while going down the hallway. 

"Yes? Is something wrong?" He came to a halt when he reached me.

"Well n-no not medically but-"

"Do you need me to re-wrap those?" He cut me off and pointed to my wrapped arms.

"N-no I-"

"Then do you need any paperwork back?"

"No I-"

"How about your-"

"No, no, no! I said no!" I pouted in a frustrated manner, shaking my head wildly. I looked up and met his eye to see his shocked face. "I'm sorry." I took a moment to give him a bow of apology before continuing. "It's just my friend was wrongly accused of injuring a person and escorted away by guards so do you happen to know where I could find him?"

"Oh, who did he hurt?"

"Me!" I blurted out then freaked when I realized I just accused him myself. "Well no, not me. I was the one he was accused of injuring but he didn't hurt me. Anyway, I need to find him!"

"Oh I guess I can see what I can do. Follow me." The doctor took the lead and I trailed behind in a fast pace. 

We took a couple turns and walked a while until the doctor came to a stop. He opened a door and then lifted a clear cover off of a barcode scanner. He bent his knees a little to get his ID that hung around his neck to reach the scanner. There was a beep and the big light above the door turned green and the door could be heard unlocking. The doctor pulled the handle down to open the door. He politely held the door open for me and then let it close once I was in. The area we entered was fill to the brim with security guards. This must be their head quarters... A guard came over and the doctor began talking to him while I zoned out, only concentrating on trying to find Hoseok for myself.

"Hey, miss, this way." The doctor nodded to me so I let the tough looking security guard in front of me come closer to me. He was a tall but still thin guy. His voice was deep and was very distinct. The man took my arm and began walking me to a door. I took a moment to look back and thank the doctor only to find that he was already out the door. The white corner of his coat was the last thing I saw of him before it floated out the door. "Is this who you are looking for?" The guard angled me towards a window. I peeked through the narrow opening and spotted just who I was looking for. 

"Yes, yes, that's him! Now can you let him go?" 

The man chuckled at me and his outburst drew a crease between my eyebrows. "No, miss, we can't just let hurting another person go. He hurt you and you are the living evidence to prove that."

"No but you don't understand! I wasn't injured by him!"

"Then who could hurl a humidifier at you with such force?" He looked doubtfully at my face.

"Kyungmi! She's the one who threw it!"

"But the force was so great that only a man could do it," the man wouldn't stop arguing with me and that was the only thing I was concentrating on.

"No!" I yelled in anger, "He didn't do it! She did!" My hands were balled into fists.  

"I'm sorry but the evidence shows he did."

"Don't you have any video footage of the room?" I was so persistent that he was gritting his teeth at me. 

"No ma'am, we don't," he practically spat the words on my face.

"Well why not?!"

"Because that might invade the patients' privacy!" He took a few sharp breaths and continued. "We only have cameras in the halls." 

"Then have you looked to see who ran out of the room? I think you should watch the footage!" The frustration mixed with stress and the air around us couldn't have been more tense. We were at the point where we were both about to pummel each other when someone cut in.

"Hey, Yongguk, a lady outside is screaming her head off. One of the doctors did brain surgery on her son and unfortunately wasn't able to save his speech. She is pissed and is blaming the doctor. You need to hurry up and get yourself out there before she hurts one of our most valuable doctors!" The man pointed out the door and motioned the security guard, Yongguk, to hurry out.

Yongguk followed the man but not before looking back at me for a moment. He only made eye contact with me and then just scurried out the door. I glanced in the window again and then headed towards the door to see what was going on. I got up to the door and then halted. What am I supposed to do with these useless arms? I frowned while looking down at my wrapped arms.

"Um miss, do you need any help?" A nice looking lady came up to me. She was holding some paperwork and seemed like she was about to leave.

"Yes please. I can't seem to do anything with my arms like this." I gestured solemnly to my arms. "Do you mind opening the doors for me?" She smiled and tucked the papers under her arm to open the first door for me. Once she had opened the second door, I bowed quickly and then glanced around to see where the commotion was. 

"WHAT KIND OF BEAST TAKES MY SON'S ONLY WAY OF COMMUNICATION?! HIS VOICE WAS LIKE AN  ANGEL'S! YOU TOOK HIS EVERYTHING! YOU MONSTER! YOU MUST HAVE JUST CRAWLED YOUR WAY OUT OF  YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN HELL!" The screaming came from my left so I started jogging towards it which wasn't really the logical thing to do.

I came into good view of the scene. Yongguk was standing protectively in front of the doctor who I couldn't quite see yet. The lady stood with a chair lifted up above her head. It seemed that she was going to throw it at Yongguk and the doctor when a loud voice boomed through the hospital hall.

"Mrs. Min, please listen. I know that what happened to your son is extremely tragic and unfair but Doctor Moon worked his hardest to make sure your son kept his other senses. From what I understand, your son is still able to hear, taste, smell, see, and move. These senses are all privileges. Have you ever thought about the ones that he was able to save for your son rather than the one he was not? There are other ways for him to communicate other than talking verbally. Please take these things into consideration." When I turned to see who was talking, I found it to be the kind officer from earlier that week.

I don't think there is anything I can do here besides get in the way. I was nudged gently as the officer made his way past me. 

"Yoongi doesn't deserve such torture! He is a sweet boy in only his teenage years. Please save his voice!" I had all the information I needed from this problem. I headed towards the receptionist desk and asked politely for Min Yoongi's room. The lady was slightly shaken up so I suspected that Mrs. Min had come through here previously. She gave me the number to his room and I headed that way.

His room was in the ICU. Let's see... here it is! A smiled grew on my face when I realized that I had finally arrived at his room. Lucky for me, the door was already open and so I didn't need to struggle with opening it. "Please eat sir. Your mother would be even more agitated if she found out that we couldn't even get you to eat." A nervous voice broke through the air, alerting me that there was a nurse inside.

"Excuse me?" I quietly approached the slightly freaked out nurse. She turned to face me at the same time as the boy in the bed turned to scan me. She looked young and was probably new to the job. The boy on the other hand, looked very blank. "Hi, I'm sorry to interrupt but I think I'd be more help to him., I-"

"Are you a friend of his? I bet you are. Of course you may visit with him! If you wouldn't mind, I need to tend to another patient. Please be calm around him, he's... uh never mind. Thank you for coming to visit him, I'm sure it will lift his spirits!" She grinned at me and hurried out after bowing once to each of us. Though her intentions were good, she ended up doing exactly what I didn't really want her to do.

"Uhm... Hello there." I turned back to him and gave an awkward wave. He just looked at me with an empty expression. "Listen, I know you don't know me at all and this is kind of weird but I thought I would visit you. You probably know already that your mom is on a rampage out there and when I heard what was going on, I figured you could use a friend or-" I trailed off as I was considering what I was doing. "I'm sorry. I must seem like a creep. I didn't mean to snoop, sorry. I'll just be leaving then." My cheeks burned as I spun around and tried to hurry out the door. But then, something hit me on the back, right between my shoulder blades. I turned back to him just to see him looking at me with desperate eyes.

Yoongi waved me over so I obediently walked over and took a seat on the chair beside his bed when he patted the black cushion. Once I had settled in, I looked into his eyes to try and figure out what was going on. Omg, Hyojin, you are so stupid! Why are you waiting for him to speak when he obviously won't be doing that any time soon?! I cleared my throat with an awkward laugh. "I'll start I guess, sorry." Yoongi smiled at me, making me blush. "Hello, I am Hyojin. I already know who you are if I've got this right. You are Min Yoongi, correct?" He nodded with a glint of excitement. "Okay and I heard something horrible happened to you... so now you can't talk, right?" A frown appeared but he still nodded. "Well I figured that maybe you would want someone to talk to about it- wait I'm sorry, that was the wrong word to use. I meant someone to be around?" Mentally, I face palmed myself. "I'm sorry, I'm so awkward. Gosh why would you want to talk to me... Agh I mean be with me, omg I'm so weird." I struggled with my words. Yoongi then began to silently laugh. I looked at him, wondering how his laugh would have sounded. He pointed at me while clutching his abdomen. 

Then he did something I hadn't expected. He stood up and went towards a cabinet in the room. He opened it and inside was a uniform. Yoongi pointed to it with a grin. "That's the uniform from my middle school's rivals..." He nodded and then I noticed the red splattered all around the shirt. 

Blood.

 

_____________________

Sorry if this is confusing or weird. I am also aware that I used the same word too many times... Sorry? ^-^'

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! Please comment