He did it, she did it

Bulletproof High School

Blood.

I frowned at him and cocked my head to the side. Yoongi moved away from the cabinet and grabbed his phone off the table by his bed. He began typing rapidly and then extended his hand out to me. I hesitantly grabbed the phone out of his hand. 

'My accident happened a few months ago. I guess I missed summer break, huh?' The downward curve deepened on my lips and I looked back up at him with a nod to confirm his thought. He took his phone back and then when he handed it back out, it was on a contact page. I typed my number in along with my name and offered it back to him. I saw him typing again and my eyebrow arched up with curiosity as to what he was doing.

My back pocket began to buzz repeatedly. What the heck? I slipped my phone out of my pocket and looked at the lit up screen. Who is texting me? I opened the messages and the words made me realize that the unknown number was Yoongi's. 

'It was a bad accident and my mom is only this upset because it was partially her fault.' I kept scrolling out of curiosity.

'I was leaving school on my skateboard and my mom happened to be leaving work too.' Please don't tell me she hit him...

'She honked when a motorcyclist pulled out in front of her. He had the right of way though.' Oh no, anything with motorcyclists is bad.

'She scared him so bad that he swerved and crashed into a biker. The bike's wheel flew off and rolled straight towards me. I wasn't able to stop myself and my skateboard made me flip over it.' My eyes were glued to the screen as my finger slid upwards to continue reading.

'I went headfirst into the intersection. It wasn't my turn to go so it wasn't the cars fault. I smashed my face into the asphalt and the next thing I knew, a horn was blaring in my ear.' I looked up at Yoongi with troubled eyes.

"Then how did you get blood all over your shirt?" Yoongi nodded in acknowledgment to my question and then unlocked his phone again. 

'The car ran me over and then I apparently tried to get up. Witnesses said that blood was pouring out of both my mouth and my nose. Then another car came zooming up to me. But this was no ordinary car, it was a truck. They said I turned and looked straight at the oncoming truck with an odd expression and then it slammed into me.' I looked up at the boy with wide eyes.

"What other injuries do you have?" Very soon after my question, my phone buzzed again.

'I broke a lot of my ribs and one of my lungs had collapsed. They said somehow I wasn't injured more. All the witness recalled seeing a figure limping away from the scene after the truck hit. But they all also said they looked away when the truck came in to hit me. I am pretty sure I heard something about the brakes not working on the truck or something.' My mouth was hanging wide open as I read the text. 

"So you didn't hurt anything more? Wow! That's amazing!" I just kept glancing back at the most recent message in astonishment. But then, another one popped up, moving the text I was immersed in up.

'No I did hurt my arm. I broke part of it and twisted my leg pretty bad. The thing is, I was sent into an induced coma the second I got to the hospital because my brain's swelling was way too much. Obviously, that means I hit my head and you also know that they had to do surgery recently to help me keep my senses. And you know that I lost my speech.'

"Oh. So you haven't started school this year yet?" He shook his head and went back to texting.

'No. I have to learn sign language first before I can attend the school comfortably.'

"Where are your friends? I figured you'd have a lot of people in here visiting."

'My girlfriend came in earlier and broke up with me... and my friends from school apparently came in while I was unconscious a lot but they think it's too hard to look at me now knowing that I can't talk to them anymore.' Tears glistened in my eyes as I looked at the poor boy. He wasn't looking at me, he was looking down at the tiled floor.

"I- uh- I don't know what to say-" Once again, I felt buzzing in my hands.

'Then don't. I've already heard all the sympathetic words out there.'  All I did was nod along. This poor guy... his girlfriend even broke up with him?! Agh I wish I knew her so I could punch that right in the jaw- Yoongi's hand on my shoulder cut out my thoughts. We made eye contact and I could almost read his thoughts through his eyes. His eyes were full of sadness that squeezed my heart and his pupils were searching mine. A gentle smile formed on his lips but his eyes were still sad. He looked all around hurt.

"Yoongi, do you trust me?" I knew it was an odd thing to ask since he only knew me since I intruded his room about ten minutes ago. But Yoongi grinned and nodded a couple of times. "I need your help." His expression changed to one of confusion and concern as he came to sit with me.

I explained to him how Hoseok was wrongfully accused of injuring my arms and about how I couldn't convince anyone that it was Kyungmi. He also learned that his mom was delaying my rescue more. At the end of my detailed explanation, he reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Yoongi, will you come with me then?" Yoongi nodded a couple of times and stood up to follow me to his mother. 

We arrived at the still ongoing scene of tears, yelling, and accusations. Mrs. Min was still holding the chair but this time she seemed serious about possibly throwing it. "He doesn't deserve this! Why didn't you save his speech?! You could save everything else but you managed to leave out speech! You f-" Before I knew what was happening, Yoongi was in front of the flying chair and then on the ground. Mrs. Min had thrown the chair at the protecting security guard and the doctor. But instead of the chair hitting them, it hit Yoongi who ran out in front of it. That's when I noticed that the kind police officer was on the floor out cold with a bloody nose. "Yoongi! My baby!" Mrs. Min ran to the collapsed boy on the ground.

"Yoongi!" I started to run over too but I stopped when I suddenly heard a familiar grating voice.

"Hyojin-ah, I guess you found another boy to beat up. You ruin everyone's life, you should know that by now. Why do you keep trying to reach out to people when you know they only end up in the hospital. Everyone you've reached out to has. I'll list them for you: Namjoon, Hoseok, this little , and probably anyone else wh-"

"STOP!" Kyungmi flinched when I screamed at her. My hands were clasped over my ears and I shook my head. "You are the cause of Namjoon's accident and you are the reason Hoseok can't leave here! Also, his name is Yoongi and no, he is not a !"

"Aw, it's sweet of you to give me all that credit. But I'm afraid it was you, Hyojin, who caused Namjoon to become hospitalized and Hoseok to become stuck here. Wait did you say Yoongi? You've got to be kidding! Is he speech impaired?" She cackled and I eyed her carefully. 

"I didn't cause any of this! And yes, he is speech impaired. Why? Do you know him?" I crossed my arms and glared at her.

"Yeah, I do actually. He's my sister's ex-boyfriend. Ha, that sorry fellow could never keep my sister's heart. From the beginning until the end, she was never true to him. This accident of his just gave her an excuse to break his tiny little heart."

Tears of rage built up in my eyes and my jaw clamped down hard. "If you say one more bad thing about any of my friends, you will regret ever setting foot in our school that one day." Kyungmi had transferred from the same school that Yoongi went to and apparently she had a sister who decided to stay behind.

"Oh is that a threat? How sweet of you to consider me in your hatred," Kyungmi made a face that you would make to a helpless baby and I lost my cool. I lifted my arm and jabbed her right in her nose. With the force and the cracking of her nose came the splintering sound of my arm holding to its limit and breaking. My mind went numb and my ears kind of cut out. The only thing I could hear was a drowned out high pitch scream and a low groan. My hand was grasping the injured arm in pain but my icy stare never left Kyungmi's pained face. It wasn't that I wanted the see her in pain nor that I wanted to really hurt her but I just wanted her to finally feel what it's like to be pushed around. I knew I did it more physically than mentally but I didn't really know how to toy with someone's mind as she could.

The security guard, Yongguk, was there in front of me, blocking my view and pushing me away. Yongguk tried to guide me backward but I stood my ground so I ended up stumbling and landing with my bad elbow hitting the ground hard. I winced and then was pulled up by Yongguk. People around me were talking frantically but all it sounded like was mumbling underwater. Soon my body gave out and I lost consciousness.

......

"So you're telling me that she somehow got out of a psychiatric ward?" The deep voice that streamed into my thoughts could be traced to Yongguk.

"Yes. I'm telling you! She's insane! Look what she did to my face!" Though I was still unable to open my eyes, I cringed at the sound of Kyungmi's accusing voice.

"Is she really?" Yongguk seemed skeptical but slightly persuaded.

"Yes, sir! I said that already!" Kyungmi lost her cool and shouted at the head security guard which I personally would have thought to be a very unwise idea.

"Yongguk, are you really being persuaded by this girl with only words as proof? Did you even consider finding her medical records?" I know that voice. I was finally able to open my eyes but I only wanted a peek in hopes that they wouldn't notice I was awake. 

"D-d-" Suddenly there was an appalling screech. Everyone in the room looked at me after Kyungmi covered her mouth in a terrified way. Very convincing you b- "Ah miss you are awake." I looked at Yongguk and then noticed the man beside him. The policeman!

"Hello, Ms. Hyojin." The officer looked me in the eye with a kind smile.

"H-hi. Um, what is going on?" I looked around at the three people in my room with confusion obvious on my face.

"We are in the need of some more evidence, do you mind telling us your last name?" I opened my mouth to answer but Kyungmi spoke up first.

"It's Kim! Kim Hyojin!" I looked at her in a peculiar way and the policeman must have noticed because he approached me and asked me personally.

"Hyojin, is that correct?" I shook my head.

"No, my name is Park Hyojin."

Kyungmi glared down at me. "No sir, she doesn't know what she's talking about, I've known her for a very long time and she has always been Kim Hyojin." Kyungmi lied and I shook with frustration.

"If that was true, would the yearbook say so?" Kyungmi shivered slightly. "Sir, please believe me. My name is Park Hyojin." The policeman nodded and stood up. 

"I'll search you in the hospital's database and look into it," the man began to leave but then signaled Yongguk to go also. Yongguk grabbed Kyungmi by the arm and escorted her out of my hospital room.

There was silence as I looked at the ceiling blankly. I was curious if I was in the same room as before but suspected that I wasn't. 

"Hyojin." I heard my name being whispered and sat up. "Hyojin are you there?" I slid off the bed and walked around the green curtain. "Hyojin! What happened to you?" I found Namjoon in his bed. He gestured to my arm so I looked down. Oh, shoot! When did that happen?! My eyes practically popped out of my sockets when I saw the green and pink cast surrounding my right arm.

"I-I guess that happened when I punched her..."

"You punched someone?! Who?" I looked up and met eyes with him.

"Kyungmi." Namjoon gasped so I tried to reassure him. "It's not a big deal though, I'm sure she's as beautiful as ever." I was trying to be comforting but I couldn't help but say it in a sarcastic tone.

"Hyojin-ah, I'm not concerned for her, I'm concerned for you and your arm. Also, what will happen to you? That b*tch accused you of being insane!"

"It's okay, Namjoon oppa, I won't let her win this one." There were voices coming from down the hall so Namjoon played unconscious. 

"Yes! Her name is Park Hyojin! She is my best friend, I could tell you anything about her! She is anything but insane! She is the sweetest girl I know!"

"Uhu and is that why you threw a boiling humidifier at her?" Someone snarled cockily.

"No! I told you, I absolutely did not throw it at her!" Finally, I saw their faces. Hoseok came into view first, causing a wide grin to be painted on my face. But then another figure appeared. This one was a girl. She was very pretty. 

"Hello Hyojin, I'm Naeun. I'm an FBI agent."

"Oh my goodness. Don't tell me that Kyungmi got the FBI involved!" My palm slapped onto my forehead. "This is unnecessary, all that happened was she got angry at me and threw a humidifier at me. Then she told the nurses that Hoseok threw it but it was really her. Gosh, I hate her..."

"Haha no sweetheart, my husband is working on this case so I am helping him. He told me to come question you two." She had us go back to my side of the room and take a seat. "So what exactly happened? If there are any details that you think aren't very important, still, tell me. Any details can make or break this case." I nodded and spoke first. 

"I was visiting a friend's hospital room, Namjoon oppa," I gestured over to the curtain. "He was Kyungmi's boyfriend but she was so cruel to him broke up with him rudely. The next thing I know, Namjoon is in here in that state. Hoseok called me and told me that Kyungmi posted a picture of her and Namjoon. She said demeaning things about Namjoon and I was angry. Kyungmi suddenly appeared and accused me of wanting attention. She said that was the only reason I was with him. She also accused me of trying to get with him and make him love me. I told her she didn't deserve him and she took that as me calling her a mistake but I didn't deny it. She then proceeded to lean over Namjoon and try to take a picture. I warned her not to take the picture but she did it to piss me off so I swatted the phone away from her. Then she shoved me to the ground and threw the humidifier. That's when Hoseok came into the room."

Hoseok took that last phrase as his cue to come in. "I came in and Hyojin was on the floor with a humidifier on her lap and her arms were bright red. I ran to her and told Kyungmi to hurry up already and get the nurse. She came back and told them 'he did it' and security guards took me away."

Nauen sat there processing everything and then looked at me with interest. "Where is this Kyungmi?" I stood up and began wandering in the direction I had gone with that one doctor. As I had hoped, we arrived at the set of two doors that led to the security office. I looked back to see that Naeun and Hoseok had been following me closely. I gestured to the door and she went to open it but hesitated when she saw the scanner. "I don't have a proper ID for this. My husband does though so let's find him first." This time Naeun led the way.

We got to a private office area with the name tag as Moon Jongup. Oh, I know that name! Jongup! I smiled to myself and then paused. Then is Jongup married to Naeun? I just continued following inside. The office had a couch that pulled out into a bed and a tall lamp in the corner. His desk was almost center.

"Noona!" Jongup came towards Naeun with a bright smile.

"Jagiya, what are you doing here?" Suddenly I noticed the police officer was in the corner of the office. 

"Oppa!" The officer had stood up and Naeun took that as her opportunity to hug him. She ran to him and almost knocked him over. "We came to borrow a security pass. We need to interrogate Kyungmi. She seems to be the one who has no one to back her story up." 

"I see. Then here," the officer left the embrace and went to Jongup. He grabbed the tag that hung around his neck and handed it to Naeun. "Tell me what happens. By the way, I did my research and it turns out Hyojin's last name is Park after all and she has never had any metal medical issues. And there is a girl named Kim Hyojin who is residing in a psychiatric hospital." Naeun nodded, gave her husband a kiss on the cheek, and then turned to lead us away but stopped. 

"Oh, you're here!" Naeun had a huge smile on her face as he looked past us.

Hoseok and I both spun around to see that there was a boy standing in the doorway. His smile was dazzling and he seemed to be about our age. The boy entered as we slipped out. I glanced back. Who is that?...

Naeun took us to the security office again and scanned the card. The light turned green and we entered. 

"Yongguk oppa! You're just the person I'm looking for," Naeun approached Yongguk, but Hoseok went a different direction. I decided to follow behind Hoseok as I was curious about where he was headed.

"She did it!" Hoseok came to an abrupt stop so I peered at what was happening in front of him.

Yongguk and Naeun both turned in surprise to look at Hoseok when he called out. He was pointing inside a room where Kyungmi was sitting at a table, sipping some coffee, and flirting with another security guard.

That sly .

 

__________________

Thank you to all my new subscribers and to everyone who has commented! Please continue reading! ^-^

Also, who do you think the boy is?

Have a nice morning/afternoon/night!