He needs help

Bulletproof High School

It was Saturday morning and Namjoon never called back. My face broke into a cold sweat as I stared at the blank notifications bar in my phone. "Yah Namjoon! Who do you think you are to make me worry so much?!" I made a face at the screen before shutting it off and criticizing myself for talking to the phone. Just then, my phone started to ring, making me flinch. "Namjoon?!" I grabbed my phone and slammed it against my ear before even looking at the caller ID. "Yah! Why did it take you this long to call back?! Do you know how much I waited and worried?" My voice burst out before the person on the other end could speak.

"Uh..." A voice flowed through that was definitely not Namjoon's.

"Oh um who is this?" As I shook the phone to see the caller ID, I realized that whoever I was talking to, I didn't have them in my contacts.

"Seokjin. I'm friends with your friend Namjoon, you know him right?"

"Yes of course I know him! I've been waiting for him to call me all last night and actually this whole week!"

"Ah well he is in the hospital right now. I was the first person that the nurse found in his contacts so she called me. His face is unrecognizable right now, he is extremely battered and swollen all over his face. Nobody is sure of what happened but I didn't know who else to call since he lives on his own. I know you from what Kyungmi said and what Namjoon is always saying about you when I am around. You seem like a really good person so I thought you would be best to call."

I sat there speechless on the other side of the phone. "He's been beaten?" My heart stopped for a moment in the realization of this fact. "No, no, no not my Namjoonie! My oppa! Where are you?!" I urgently asked him the address of the hospital in which Namjoon was staying. 

After Seokjin told me the hospital and the number of the room that Namjoon was staying in, we hung up. My mind buzzed and felt swollen as I ran to the hospital. 

"Hey, Hyojin!" As I came down a hallway and didn't know which turn to take, I heard the same voice from on the phone.

"Seokjin!" I turned right down the hallway and Seokjin met me halfway. 

"Please, call me Jin." His face was beautiful and his smile was even better.

"Sure. So where is he? Is he awake yet?" Jin's smile shrunk just slightly.

"No he hasn't woken up yet. The doctor says he should be stirring soon but we can't be sure." I nodded, "But Hyojin, I have to get going. My grandmother's birthday party is in ten minutes and I need to be there. Do you mind if I head out?" Jin looked sincerely apologetic. 

"Oh yeah sure! Please do go, I'll be just fine," I smiled and that made him smile back. "Tell your grandmother happy birthday for me!"

"Of course!" He grinned then pulled out his phone, "Can I have your phone number? So that you can text me or call me to give updates?" He already had a new contact slot open for me to fill.

"Oh yeah. Do you want me to just put in for you?" Jin just shrugged his shoulders showing his flexibility to the situation. So I just took the phone from his soft hands and typed in my number for him. Once he had his phone back in his pocket, he waved and left in a hurry. Well... now I just have to go in. I stood outside of Namjoon's room, hand hovering in front of the door handle. Do it. Taking a deep breath, I gripped the handle and pulled it swiftly. The air inside the room was moist from the humidifier that was provided in every room. The walls were a light purple color which I wasn't expecting in a hospital. Then, I saw his legs, to his torso, to his face. Oh my, Namjoonnie. His face was an array of color. Purple engulfed his left eye and a black-ish blue area swarmed his right cheek onto his right side of his nose. Angry red screamed on his lips and the base of his nose. He was messed up; so badly that if I didn't already know that this was my good friend, I would think he was a complete stranger.

"Hi miss, are you his guardian?" A thin nurse with her hair tied up into a bun approached me. She had her hair tied up so tightly, and I wondered how it didn't hurt.

​"I guess I am for the moment."

She smiled a little, probably feeling a bit nervous to talk about the patient with me after I said 'I guess'. "All right well my name is Hyerim. I am here to give some medical updates on patient Kim Namjoon. Are you up for listening to that?" I nodded softly, hoping maybe she would be telling me great news. "Okay. Namjoon, as you can tell, isn't in the best state. He has a concussion and has a broken arm. The doctor told me that Namjoon should be waking up soon but we can never be too sure. Also, he was found in an alleyway late last night and it has been estimated that he had been unconscious for quite some time." I sat there nodding and not knowing what to say. "Do you have any idea what could have happened?"

"No. I called him so many times and went to his house but I figured he didn't want to talk. He just horribly broke up with his girlfriend."

She nodded and wrote something down. "Okay well it's important that there is someone he trusts and is comfortable with here when he wakes up."

"Why?" 

"Because we want to know who hit him and he most likely won't just open up to anybody."

"That's true. Well I'll be here all weekend. And if he wakes up during a weekday, I will come."

She smiled greatfully at me. "It's nice that he has great friends like you."

"Well if I were great, I would have gone to his apartment and when I found him missing, I could have reported him missing."

"Yes but you were respecting his privacy. I think he will appreciate that more."

"I don't know... I just feel like I should have and could have done so much more," I sighed in grief.

"Well don't worry, he'll wake up soon enough," she smiled at me as she started to walk away. "Oh and by the way, I like your sweatshirt." She pointed at my article of clothes and then walked out with a smile. I looked down to see what I had on. It said Exo on it and had their symbols on it. I guess I just met another fan. I grinned with a feeling of happiness for my Exo oppas.

Suddenly my phone started buzzing in my pocket. "Yes?" 

"Hyojin! Why didn't you call me immediately to inform me that Namjoon was in the hospital?!"

"Hoseok? H-how did you know?" I shook the phone and moved it slightly away from my face to see the caller ID. 

"Kyungmi. Kyungmi posted a picture of him in the bed with her pouting next to him. She said 'Aw my poor baby missed me so much when I wasn't able to be around him; he tried to kill himself'."

My mouth fell open at the words that Hoseok informed me with. "Sh-she what?! That !"

"I know! People are actually finding it cute!" 

"Ugh that freaking- just ugh!" Angry air blew out of my mouth through gritted teeth. 

"Okay, well I'm coming there now so wait for me."

"Okay but please hurry, I am starting to feel really weird about being alone here," I glanced around nervously. What if she comes back and I can't do anything?

"Ah Hyojin-ah. You already got here, huh? Wow you're really amazing," Kyungmi's unmistakenable voice pierced my ears. Sarcasm dripped from her voice, making me cringe. "So? Did you get your share? I know you just wanted to tell people your friend was in the hospital so you could get sympathy," she accused. 

I whipped my body around to face her. "Are you serious?!" She stuck her hip out while resting her fist on it. "You think you can say that to me? You are the one that is using him!" 

"Oh really? I guess you saw then. Well why don't you move aside so I can get a better picture?" With a smug smile, she tried to push me aside.

"Are you kidding me?! Get the hell away from him!" I grabbed onto her arm only to be flung back by her full body weight.

"Don't you ever try to touch me! Do you think you are good enough for him?" Her eyebrows raised in a cruel way as she practically spit on me.

"Good for him? Do you think I'm trying to date him?! First you think I'm trying to use him to get attention and now you think I'm trying to make him fall in love with me?!" I stood up like a bolt of lightening and faced her, feeling my head reel with lividness. She crossed her arms like the diva she is. "Namjoon oppa isn't a toy, he is a person, someone who made the mistake of falling head over heels for you."

"Oh so I'm a mistake?" Her hair flipped behind her shoulder along with the sassiness in her voice. 

"Yeah. Basically," I flipped my hair over my shoulder as well.

Kyungmi's mouth dropped open. "Excuse me?"

"What? Do you want me to sugar coat it for you?" She still gaped at me. "You shouldn't have ever been given a chance in his life. Do you know how much he has struggled to live on his own?! Can't you appreciate the amount of love he had for you?!"

"Oh please! He isn't good enough for all of this," Kyungmi swiped her hand up her body to emphasize her 'perfection'. She then went over to Namjoon's side and lifted her phone up.

"Don't you dare take that picture!"

"Oh, you mean like this?" Smugly she clicked the button right as I swatted her phone out of her hand. 

"Don't you ever try to cross me again," I warned with my teeth clenched so tightly that I worried they might fall out.

"You !" Kyungmi cried out and shoved me to the ground. My hit hard on the tile floor and then my elbows. She towered over me. "You should try not to cross me either!" She took the humidifier from the side table and with no hesitation, chucked the object my way. My eyes widened. . My arms went up to guard my face and upper chest area. The machine slammed into my arms and fell to my lap where it opened and spilled it's burning water onto my lower abdomen and hips area. I didn't know whether the burning sensation or the throbbing in my arms was worse. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" Hoseok's voice tore through the thick atmosphere.

"O-oppa..." Kyungmi turned towards the door and looked scared but innocent at the same time.

"Don't you ever call me that!" Hoseok pointed an accusing finger at Kyungmi. Then he turned towards me. "Hyojin! Oh ." He mumbled under his breath as he crouched beside me to remove the humidifier from my lap. "Kyungmi what are you doing?! Get the nurse!" He ordered harshly towards Kyungmi. Hoseok slowly lowered my arms that were still raised defensively. "Damn your arms are already so swollen," he muttered with anger hiding in his voice. 

After a few moments of waiting, Kyungmi was gutsy enough to return. 

"Him!" Well, Kyungmi sure did come back with the nurse but she also brought the security guards. "He did it!" I glanced around with an extremely confused expression. 

"Sir you're going to have to come with us." One of the guards grabbed Hoseok's arm and yanked him up.

"Miss, are you okay??" Hyerim ran over to my side and started dabbing the still hot, but cooling, water off of me.

"W-where are you taking him?" I ignored Hyerim and tried to speak to the guards but they ignored me. "Where are they taking him?!" I searched Hyerim's face urgently for answers.

"He is going away, don't worry, he can't hurt you now." She smiled at me while she pulled a bundle of bandage out of her pocket and began wrapping my arms.

"N-no. No!" Surprised, she stopped wrapping and looked up at me with concern. "H-he didn't d-do anything!" I tried to stand, only to be pulled back down by Hyerim. "Stop! You have to stop them! Please! He didn't do anything at all! No! Hoseok!!" Tears flooded my eyes and then my vision went even fuzzier as I began to lose consciousness.

 

__________________

Please tell me what you think down below in the comments! ^3^