Jin - Proposal

BTS Reader Oneshots

Jin nervously taps his foot as his eyes scan the people passing by.

You, Jin’s long-time girlfriend is supposed to meet him so they can go celebrate your birthday together over dinner and a movie. Or so you think.

The tall, broad-shouldered boy sits and stands, beginning to become impatient. “Where is you? You are never late. Did something happen? Traffic? Maybe you got into an accident and somehow couldn’t contact me because you was on your way to the hospital? Maybe your hands got chopped off?”

“What kind of nonsense are you saying, Kim Seokjin?” a bright voice called out, amusement in your tone.

Jin turned around and felt like he was looking at the sun. Your smile was as bright and big as ever, maybe bigger than the earth. Your eyes were looking up at him with adoration and love; they were as brown as chocolate, something Jin loved. You were wearing a simple black skirt, and a white T-shirt, and although the outfit was simple, it made you look like a queen in Jin’s eyes.

Jin flashed a dazzling smile towards you, one which made you feel weak in the knees. “It’s nothing, jagiya! Just talking to myself. Shall we go?” Jin answer, extremely embarrassed that you heard his ramble.

The couple begin walking around the city, looking at all the stores and food stands. During that time, Jin was a nervous wreck.

Once he gained enough self-confidence, Jin pulled you over to a nearby fountain, where people surrounded it. They sat next to each other, and you pulled out coins, giving one to Jin.

“Make a wish, and throw the coin into the fountain. Maybe it’ll come true,” You explain as you close your eyes, make a wish, and throw the coin into the water, along with all the other coins.

Jin held onto the coin with trembling fingers, but accidently dropped it and watched as it fell into the drain under his feet.

“Ah, Jin be careful. Here, try it again,” You hand Jin another coin, but he quickly stands up.

“No no. No more. I have something to give you,” Jin blurts out, nervously looking around before landing his eyes on the beautiful girl in front of him.

“Oh, is this the present you told me about? Give, give,” Your eyes brightened.

Jin nods, bends down on one knee while pulling out a velvet box. He opened the lovely box to reveal an extravagant ring with an assortment of diamonds and twists and turns to it. You gasped and stood. All eyes were now on them, some even pulling out their phones to record.

“(Y/N), we’ve been dating for a very long time,” Jin begins, his voice surprisingly steady. “During those years, I’ve learned so much about you and from you. I learned what real love feels like. Not just the love I have for my fans, or my fellow members, but true love. And I realize there’s not a lot of that in this world. I’ve never felt how I’ve felt than when I’m with you. You’re funny, beautiful, so many things. You’re mine. And I want you to be mine forever. (Y/N), will you marry me?”

You stare at the ring, at Jin, then at the crowd that it now forming, and back to Jin.

Jin’s heart is pumping rapidly, fear of rejection feels like it might become a reality. But suddenly, he hears it. That one word he’s been dying to hear. “Yes.” And the crowd cheers. Jin stands, slightly wobbly, but he quickly embraces his new fiancée.

“Happy Birthday, (Y/N), my love.”