J-Hope - Liar

BTS Reader Oneshots

You yawn as you stretch your aching limbs. You turn over and look at the clock. June 19th, 11AM.

 Crap, I slept too long. Normally I don’t sleep this long, what’s wrong with me today? You question yourself, but your thoughts are quickly interrupted by a soft groan coming from beside you. It was J-Hope.

You turned to cuddle closer to the elder boy, realizing that what kept your from waking up was the heat that his body released.

How can someone be so warm?! You think, still amazed a human being could radiate such heat.

“He’s like a furnace,” You mumble as you feel an arm circle over your waist.

“G’morning, jagiya. Did you sleep well?” a hoarse voice breaks the morning silence.

You nod and look up at J-Hope who is now staring back at you with chocolate orbs. His face was flawless, not a blemish in site. J-Hope’s lips lift slightly when he notices you are staring.

“I slept too well, thanks to you,” You complain, kicking off the bed sheets.

J-Hope quirks a brow. “Isn’t that a good thing?” he asks.

You chuckle. “Hurry and get ready. Don’t you have a schedule today?”

J-Hope quickly gets out of bed and begins his morning routine as usual.

            Several days later, you are lying in bed alone, tossing and turning, somehow not able to get a wink of sleep. You thrashed the bed sheets around, your limbs spread in awkward positions.

“Why can’t I sleep?” You whine.

Once you settle for a more comfortable position, Your thoughts go amuck out of frustration.

Why did J-Hope have to have a concert out of town? Why did he have to leave you for multiple days? Why can’t you sleep? Why are you addicted to the heat he produced throughout the night?

And like this, you fell asleep.

            The next morning, you are woken up suddenly by the sound of clapping. You sit up wearily, rubbing your eyes.

When your vision clears, you see J-Hope standing at the foot of the bed, a beautifully decorated cake in one hand, and a toy clapper in the other. On his head, he wore a headband that said your name in purple bubble letters. “Happy Birthday, jagiya! Surprise! Hurry, blow out the candles!” J-Hope shouts as he brings the cake closer to you. You take a moment to make a wish, and quickly blow out the candles. J-Hope sets the cake down, and shakes the toy clapper again. He smiles widely, and embraces you, giving you pecks on the cheek while telling you ‘happy birthday.’

“J-Hope, I thought you had to be at a concert?” You questions.

The couple is lying in bed, the cake long forgotten. “I lied,” J-Hope says bluntly.

Your eyes widen in shock as you look up at J-Hope. You smack him on the arm, causing him to hiss in pain.

“Yah! Because of you, I had to suffer the whole night without my personal furnace! Do you kn-“ You get interrupted when soft lips meet yours. “I’m here now,” J-Hope whispers. You go silent, and eventually lean into J-Hope, the heat wrapping around you like a blanket.

“Happy Birthday, (Y/N).”