JungKook - Thunderstorms

BTS Reader Oneshots

Lately there have been a series of thunderstorms every night, and with that came a lack of sleep. You didn’t sleep well during thunderstorms. You were always worried something would happen while you were asleep. JungKook is still not sure why you are so scared of them, although once you said you saw a tornado forming in the clouds in front of your house when you were younger.

Unfortunately for you, tonight’s storm was supposed to be the worst of the summer.

The couple were currently laying on the couch, JungKook’s long limbs caressing your shorter ones. In front of them was the TV that was playing a rerun of American Hustle Life. You continuously laughed at your boyfriend’s antics on the show, and patted his thigh whenever he appeared on screen, which was most of the time.

Your laughs were interrupted as thunder and lightning began to strike, the rain hitting the ground like bullets into the concrete. JungKook could feel you tense under him, and he quickly took action to make you relax.

“Tickle fight, jagiya!” JungKook shouts, and begins tickling the spots he knows you are ticklish. You are laughing once again, begging your boyfriend to stop, not able to take it anymore.

Suddenly the power went out, the room turning into a pitch black abyss. Outside, a single of lightning lit up the room, causing you to gasp, and cuddle further into your boyfriend.

JungKook complies and pulls your face further into his chest. “It’s ok, jagiya. I’ve got you,” he whispers, rubbing his nose into your hair. Seeing that you were still tense, JungKook began to sing his parts in BTS’s new album.

Slowly but surely, you began to fall asleep, JungKook’s voice being the only thing you hears.

Once you were asleep, JungKook glanced at the time on his phone that read 12AM, June 29th.

JungKook leaned down and planted a kiss on your forehead. “Happy Birthday, (Y/N).”