Alone

By My Side

With the return to practice, they hadn’t had enough energy left at the end of the day for more than a kiss goodnight. Young Bae had just been cleared by the doctor that morning and their new songs would be released in 2 days, followed by yet another round of touring. It was fun and they were grateful, but they were also exhausted.

“Ji Yong-hyung, come have dinner with me tonight,” Maknae said as everyone was getting ready to leave. “We haven’t played together in months.”

Ji Yong caught Young Bae’s eye before answering. “I’ll eat with you, but no one has time to play these days.”

Young Bae watched them leave together, while he waited on his manager to bring up the van.

“Want to have dinner with me and Dae Sungie?” Top asked from the side.

“No thanks; it’s been a while since I’ve had any time alone.”

Top nodded and joined Dae Sung in his car.

Tae Yang yawned, relieved when he finally saw his van approaching.

“Oppa?” a soft voice called from behind him. “Young Bae Oppa?”

“Lee Jin Yoon?” Young Bae stared at the girl who was smiling at him.

“Oppa!” The pretty girl flung her arms around his neck.

After a moment’s shocked hesitation, Young Bae shook his head and pushed the girl carefully away. Instinctively, he looked around, searching for cameras aimed at them.

“Oppa, I tried calling you,” Jin Yoon pouted.

“You left two years ago; I have a new number.” He looked away from her, watching his ride’s slow progress. He supposed his manager was trying to give him private time. Frustrated, he waved his hand, so that he would drive faster.

“I know…but, I’m back. I moved back to Korea today. I was hoping we could talk, maybe get some coffee.”

“I’m busy,” he said crisply, before climbing into the van and shutting the door without looking back.

“At least give me your number,” she called, knocking on the window.

His manager glanced backwards at him.

“Let’s go, Hyung.”

He nodded and slowly pulled away from the disappointed girl.

Swallowing roughly, Young Bae ignored the urge to steal a glance as they left the parking garage. Two years ago, he had thought that she was the girl he’d marry. That was, until she had signed a contract to work exclusively in Japan. He had been going through a rough time back then, and when she left with only a day’s notice, he had felt abandoned. At first, he had tried to understand her and kept in close contact, but then the scandals began. She was caught partying with co-stars, and the pictures were too much for Young Bae to ignore.

Arriving home, he ate a simple dinner alone, showered, and the television. He stared blindly at it for a while, wondering when Ji Yong would get home.

Sometime later, his phone woke him; he was still slouched on the sofa. Rubbing his eyes, he opened the message from Big Bang’s leader. It was late and he was tired, so he had gone to his own apartment.

Sighing, Young Bae lay down in his suddenly too-big bed and hugged a pillow. He tried to empty his mind so that he could sleep, but thoughts kept floating through. Mistakes made during practice that day, Lee Jin Yoon’s sudden appearance, memories of making her smile, the feel of her skin beneath his hands, the way she had cried when she left, Ji Yong returning to his own home instead of Tae Yang’s. Frustrated, Young Bae put the pillow over his face and shouted into it. It was too much.

What was Ji Yong doing alone? Was he sleeping already? Was he thinking of Young Bae? Images of that night a week ago came to him, the look in his friend’s eyes. The feel of his warm mouth, his tongue, his soft hands.

“,” he groaned.

He wasn’t going to get any sleep like that. Biting his lip and closing his eyes, he stopped fighting the memories and welcomed them, as his hand dipped down into his pants..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Young Bae rode to work as if nothing had changed. He was still a little confused about Lee Jin Yoon. What did she want from him? Maybe he should just get that coffee and hear her out. But he wouldn’t go back to her, not after the careless way she had hurt him. Even if she begged. Not that she would. No one had ever loved him enough to beg.

“Good morning, Young Bae-ah,” Ji Yong greeted, somewhat distracted, as he entered the studio.

Except Kwon Ji Yong. Ji Yong loved him that much. Without a word, Young Bae moved his chair so that it was up against Ji Yong’s and sat down, resting his head on the thin, but strong, shoulder.

“Are you okay?” Ji Yong asked, hands freezing on the dials.

“Better now. Keep working.”

Young Bae let his hand fall naturally onto Ji Yong’s knee, as he relaxed.

“Young Bae-ah, Dae Sungie already texted; he’ll be here any minute.”

“So?”

Ji Yong’s hand moved to rest atop his.

“You don’t care if he sees?” he asked, doubtfully.

“I don’t. They all know anyways.”

“But still…knowing and seeing aren’t exactly the same. And they might get the wrong idea about you.”

“Doesn’t matter. Besides, it’s not as if we’ve never touched each other before.”

“Yes, but-”

“Are you coming home tonight? I didn’t sleep well without you,” he purposely changed the subject.

“Yes. Neither did I.” Ji Yong glanced sideways at him, looking anxious. “Our schedules are clear tomorrow until the afternoon. We should have time…to relax.”

“Sounds good. We should finish up early tonight, too.”

“Good morning, Hyungs,” Dae Sung greeted as he joined them. He smiled at their backs as he dropped onto the sofa. It was good to see them happy.

A/N: Sorry this took so long, I was in the hospital and then the meds they sent me home with, kept knocking me out and leaving me hazy. 

Anyhow, you can thank irish21 for nagging and blackmailing me into completing this chapter. Thanks irish!