Forgiveness

Smile

Yoongi wasn't sure when he fell asleep, but when he woke up he was pressed into someone’s thigh, with gentle hands running through his hair. As much as he wanted to lie there forever and have his hair played with, he had to get up and sort some things out.

 

You're thinking too hard.” The voice above him said, making Yoongi turn around and stare up at Jin's face who was smiling down at the younger. Yoongi sat up scratched his face as he could feel the trouser imprint which Jin's thigh had left.

 

Well, I do have a lot to think about.” Yoongi yawned as he stretched as far as the couch would allow. “What time is it?”

 

9pm last time I checked. You missed dinner, but it's in the kitchen whenever you want it. We didn't want to wake you because we figured you could use the sleep.” Jin explained. Yoongi nodded and thought over all that had went through the day, the last thing he remembered before going to sleep was giving the manager Joonsoo's details, then lying on the couch.

 

Did I fall asleep on you? Sorry about that.” Yoongi blushed as he can only imagine how long he slept for, though all credit to Jin as that was one of the best sleeps he had had in a long time.

 

No, you actually fell asleep on Jungkook, but once I made dinner we swapped out and now he's with Taehyung and Jimin playing Grand Theft Auto last I saw.” Jimin. Yoongi sighed as he thought about the younger, never did he think that Jimin would react so negatively. He knew the younger could be expressive and emotional but that was something else.

 

How is Jimin?” Yoongi asked, his voice cracking a little from sleep (and maybe from something else.) Jin gave him that knowing look and moved his hand so it was resting on Yoongi's knees.

 

He's calmed down. Obviously I’ve been here with you, but last I saw Taehyung and Jungkook had talked some sense into him. Plus Namjoon gave him a lecture, which Hoseok practically had to be held back from. You know, I’ve never ever seen Hoseok try to fight someone and it is honestly terrifying.” Yoongi nodded his head.

 

Yeah, even though he's younger, he's always been super protective of me ever since I came out to him. Also I’m really happy to hear that, I didn't think he would react like that. It hurt.” Yoongi admitted, Jin squeezed his knee in reassurance. In reality they had all been shocked, they had all figured that Jimin wasn't even capable of such a thing.

 

They're all probably still awake if you want to go see them. I'm just going to the toilet and going to change in to some pajamas, I’ll be back soon okay?” Jin stood up and excused himself.

 

Yoongi sighed as he looked around the dark living room, it was always strange seeing the room so quiet and dark, as usually it was filled by teenage boys screaming and the television or whatever else had grabbed their attention like a game or something on their phones.

 

Speaking of phones, Yoongi picked up his to see that it had been flooded with messages, thanking god that he had put it on silent as even now it was vibrating from the sheer amount of messages that were getting sent to him on kakao and twitter.

 

He opened up his Kakao first as after all, he only added people he knew on there so chances were it would mostly be his friends support and not hate. Thankfully he was right and he could see that he had a lot of messages from other idols that he knew for a fact were not straight. Jo Kwon sent him an emoticon of love hearts with a simple message that read, MY GAYBAE! CONGRATS ON COMING OUT! LOVE YOU! Along with a photo of a rainbow. Laughing he screen shot that one as it definitely cheered him up.

 

He also had messages from his family demanding that he phoned them right this second, on pain of death. Yoongi winced as he saw the message had been sent a few hours ago. He dialled the number which he knew so well and held the phone away from his ear as he knew what was about to happen.

 

YA MIN YOONGI. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. ARE YOU CRAZY!” His mum's voice screamed making him flinch. Even from a distance he could still hear everything she was saying loud and clear.

 

Mum, I’m sorry but I had to come out. I couldn't really avoid it.” He confessed as he ran his hand through his hair and leant back on the couch.

 

YOU COULD HAVE WARNED US! YOU KNOW GIVE US A LITTLE HEADS UP!” His mum shouted, her voice piercing.

 

Well, I didn't exactly expect to come out. Do you remember Joonsoo?” Yoongi started biting the skin between his nails as he spoke. His mum made a noise of recognition before she spoke.

 

Ah yes, Your ex right? Such a lovely boy. I hear he's the reason you came out though?” His mum sounded confused. Yoongi nodded.

 

Yeah, apparently he made some sort of post about our relationship and posted photos of us.” Yoongi stood up as he talked, making his way to his room to find his laptop that he cherished most as it contained most of his songs and memories.

 

What! Oh baby, I am so sorry. What's going to happen next, is your company going to sue?” Yoongi never considered suing Joonsoo. He sighed as he sat on his bed, pulling his laptop out from under the bed.

 

I don't know. Suing him seems a bit much though. I'll message him and see what's going on anyway. I need to go now, mum. I'll talk to you later though, yeah?” He asked sounding hopeful.

 

Of course, baby. And remember we will always be here for you and we're always just a phone call or train journey away. Phone me tomorrow though, okay? I love you.” Yoongi smiled as he logged into his laptop.

 

Thanks, mum. I love you too.” The line went dead. Yoongi sighed as he threw the phone on charge as he booted up chrome to try and find Joonsoo's post.

 

He went to click on search, but his name was already top trending along with the show he was on and BTS. Well it least it saved him time instead of having to actually type in his name. He clicked on the 1st post he saw, hoping that would contain what he wanted. Thankfully it did. He took a deep breath as he prepared himself to read the post.

 

Hello world, my name is M. I'm 22 years old and I go to Yonsei University, which for those that don't know is right by Big Hit Entertainments building. I know this because I have passed it many times and been inside a handful of times.

 

The reason I am making this post is because someone has been lying to you. His name is Min Yoongi, aka Suga from BTS. I know this man like the back of my hand and he is not what most people would expect him to be. He is foul mouthed, lazy, big headed and a downright . And I had the pleasure of dating this man for a year.

 

Most wont believe me but I have photo proof.

 

Yoongi's stomach turned as he scrolled down to see the loving photos the two shared. He sighed and continued reading the stupid post, because after all it is stupid.

 

Yup, that's him right there and me. I remember it so clearly because he demanded we go out and demanded we take photos, I wasn't out so I really didn't want photos to be taken, but he didn't listen.

 

He wasn't always so bad, he bought me things and made me feel special, but I guess he does that to a lot of people. He was so pushy though, he would miss training to meet me and force me out of class to meet him. I guess he just wasn't the prince charming I was hoping for.

 

He was a toxic person and a liar, just like he had been lying to all of you “ARMY” pretending he liked women and was straight, the thought of women repulsed him and we talked about it many a time.

 

He may inspire many and be an idol, but he is a liar. A liar and a horrible person.

 

I hope his fans see his true light now.

 

Are you ting me?” Yoongi shouted angrily as he tossed his phone to the side, everything about that post had been a lie, from Joonsoo's name to missing practice. He always made sure that practice came before Joonsoo, and as mean as that sounded it was how life went.

 

Take it you read the post?” Seokjin reappeared, a loose shirt around his frame and pyjama bottoms swaying as he walked. Yoongi nodded his head as he picked up his phone again.

 

It's so dumb! I’m like ninety nine percent sure that it wasn't my ex that posted that. It just wasn't him at all, you know?” Yoongi tried to reason. Seokjin nodded as he sat down next to Yoongi and placed an arm around his shoulders. That was something Yoongi was thankful for, usually men tended to become a lot colder with him and used less skinship, but thankfully not s (except one but again he didn't want to think about that.)

 

I trust in whatever you say, after all you probably knew him best, I mean you dated for what...?”

 

1 year and 3 months.”

Really? that long? Anyway, I'm sure you know him enough and if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, so will I.” Seokjin took Yoongi's hands in his and stared into his eyes. “And trust me Yoongi, this isn't easy for me to do, I want nothing more than to go find the son of a that did this to you and him up. Plus I’m sure Hoseok would be happy to help me.” Yoongi could see in Seokjin's eyes that he was serious, every word a truth.

 

Thank you.” Yoongi managed as he pulled Seokjin in for a hug, he was unbelievably thankful to his hyung for being there for him. Seokjin pulled away and grabbed Yoongi with him into the kitchen.

 

Come on, eat. I'm not having you wither away on my watch.” Yoongi smiled as he sat down and watched Seokjin bustle around the kitchen, heating his food and preparing side dishes. After a few moments of silence, Seokjin placed the food on the table. Yoongi immediately started eating, not realising how hungry he was until the smell of food got to him.

 

Do I smell food?” Jimin's voice interrupted the silence as he walked into the living room where Yoongi was eating, Taehyung and Jungkook following behind. An awkward air filled the room as Yoongi tensed up and stared at Jimin for the first time since his outburst earlier on.

 

Jungkook, Taehyung, do me a favour and go wash the dishes for me will you?” Seokjin motioned for the two to leave. Jungkook and Taehyung didn't need to be told twice as they made their way out of the room, Jimin going to follow behind until Seokjin let out a cough and motioned for Jimin to stay.

 

Hyung, you don't have to do this.” Yoongi told Seokjin as he placed his chopsticks down, his appetite leaving him. Seokjin stood up and let Jimin take his seat.

 

No, I am not going to live like this. You two are going to sort out your differences. I have all night.” Seokjin sat across from the two and folded his arms giving them a stern look. Jimin sighed as he studied the floor, not once looking up at Yoongi or Seokjin.

 

I'm sorry...” Jimin mumbled, fidgeting with his hands. Yoongi was shocked, he knew that the members had given him a talk but he didn't expect him to come around so quickly, after all it wasn't the first time he had lost friends over his uality and usually those that he did took weeks to come around, and some of them never did.

 

Jimin, you don't have to say anything you don't want to. I understand, it's okay.” Yoongi told him, going to place a hand on his shoulder like he normally would when the younger was sad, but instead thought against it.

 

No, hyung. I've had time to reflect and I’m so sorry, I never should have treated you like that. It was wrong and hateful. My parents were loving people, you know, always kind and said hello to the neighbours whenever they could, but they always hated gay people. I guess that stuck with me, even though I never always agreed with them. “Jimin explained, Yoongi bit his lip not quite sure what to say to that.

 

I just wanted to let you know, I know it doesn't excuse what I said, or how mean I was...” Jimin trailed off as he picked at his sleeves. Yoongi went against himself this time and placed a hand on Jimin's fidgeting hands, stopping them from picking his sleeves.

 

Thank you, Jimin. I know it wasn't easy for you, but I forgive you.” Yoongi smiled as Jimin looked up for the first time. Jimin smiled and wiped at his teary eyes using his sleeves. Yoongi had the breath pushed out of him as suddenly he had an armful of Jimin as he enveloped him into a hug.

 

Yoongi looked down at the younger that he had loved for so long now, having him in his arms always felt so right. Granted, this may not have been quiet the situation in which he wanted to have Jimin in his arms, but hey; He could make do. He looked down to see Jimin's hair on his chest and his arms wrapped around Yoongi's waist. Yoongi couldn't help but smile as he ran his fingers through Jimin's hair.

 

Hyung forgives you.”

 

I need to brush my teeth, they're rotting from how sweet this is.” Right, Yoongi had forgotten about Seokjin's presence. Jimin pulled away from Yoongi, his face red from blushing.

 

off.” Yoongi laughed as he picked up his chopsticks again and continued to eat. Seokjin shook his head as he left the room, presumably to go gossip with Namjoon about the events of what just happened.

 

Anyway hyung, I'm gonna go get back to Jungkook and Taehyung. We're playing Mortal Kombat and Taehyung is killer at brutalities,” Yoongi smiled and nodded as he had no idea what anything meant coming out of Jimin's mouth, but he looked cute as he rambled about D'vorah and Liu Kang. “And Liu Kang's fatality is that he like punches you in the throat, grabs your throat out and then like, punches it back into your face.” Yoongi stared at Jimin and raised an eyebrow, setting his chopsticks down.

 

As lovely as that sounds Jimin, I am eating. Plus I’ve never played Mortal Kombat, I don't know what that is.” Jimin let out a small 'oh' as he calmed back down.

 

I can show you how to play, if you want? Obviously once you're finished, don't rush your food, you'll get indigestion and... I’m rambling again.” Jimin let out an awkward laugh as he scratched the back of his neck. Yoongi smiled as he only had a couple of bites left anyway.

 

Go and set the playstation up, you can teach me how to play.” Yoongi smiled. Jimin grinned at him and stood up, his excitement beaming on his face.

 

This is gonna be so much fun! Trust me hyung, you're gonna be in for a great night!” Jimin shouted as he ran into the room to set up the controllers.

 

Yoongi finished the rest of his food with a smile on his face, as he listened to the distant low sounds of Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok talking, along wit Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook arguing over the playstation.

 

God he loved them all so much.