Idol Lives

Smile

Yo, face get up.” No. “Breakfast is ready.” Yoongi protested by kicking his limbs out in any and all directions, his goal to hit someone so they could get the message – He wasn't getting up for another 10 minutes, at least.

 

Maybe we should let him sleep some more?” Jungkook suggested, worrying for their leader who was dodging Yoongi's flailing limbs with such skill that could only be mastered from years of experience. Namjoon shook his head as he managed to get a hold of Yoongi's shoulder, pulling him up so he was sitting up straight.

 

I ing hate you...” Yoongi mumbled as he tried to lie back down again, but Namjoon wasn't having it.

 

We already let you sleep in late. You need to eat now, otherwise you wont be able to eat until 9, seeing as our schedule is so packed today.” Namjoon convinced Yoongi as he pulled the elder up off the bed and escorted him into the living room where most of the other members were eating their breakfast.

 

Good Morning, Yoongi.” Seokjin greeted as he passed Yoongi some chopsticks. Yoongi was now somewhat functioning as he managed to pick up some rice and force it down his throat, even though it felt like eating sand at such an early time in the morning. Yoongi barely managed a mumble in return to Seokjin's greeting. How someone could be so energetic in the morning was completely beyond him.

 

So, we have a Music Bank performance today, rehearsal as usual is at 4pm. Before that we have an interview at the new show on Mnet. It's going to be live, so please for the love of god, everyone watch what you say.” Namjoon ran through their schedule for the day, the space in between the two schedules being designated to practice.

 

Bless you, Jin and you're cooking.” Taehyung said through a mouthful of kimchi. Seokjin rolled his eyes at the younger. Yoongi tilted the soup bowl into his mouth, drinking up the last bit then setting the bowl on the table.

 

I'm going for a shower. Anyone else in there?” Yoongi asked standing up from the table.

 

I'm pretty sure Jimin is in there, but he never minds sharing.” Jungkook told him and Yoongi nodded and made his way towards the bathroom.

 

Yoongi liked Jimin. There was no way to beat around the bush. The only person being aware of that fact being Namjoon, who after knowing each other so long it was impossible for Namjoon not to notice. Though Yoongi wasn't stupid, he would never act on his feelings. He would always just admire from afar and occasionally check out his great . Yoongi wouldn't ruin what he had with the younger, especially now that they were becoming popular and most of the band didn't even know about his uality, Including Jimin himself.

 

Jimin? Can I join you?” Suga asked through the door. They had showered before many times and it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. The first time they had showered together had been the worst. They were both awkward and stood as far from each other as possible at all times. But as they had grown older it had became less awkward and the iness of it all disappeared. After all there is no bigger turn off than sweaty tired guys cleaning. Most of the time there was no time to even look at each other, it was just in, clean, out.

 

Yes, hyung!” Jimin shouted through the door. Yoongi made his way into the bathroom, staring at Jimin's silhouette through the shower curtain. He pulled his pyjamas off and crept as quietly to the curtain as he could.

 

BOO!” He grabbed Jimin from behind the curtain making the younger scream in shock.

 

I ACTUALLY HATE YOU, YOU KNOW THAT.” Jimin pretended to sob as he hugged his chest, as Yoongi made his way into the shower, trying hard not to slip as he was laughing so hard.

 

You love me and you know it. Even the fans know it.” Yoongi joked as he made kissy faces to the younger. Jimin scoffed and rolled his eyes.

 

You wish, Hyung.” Jimin laughed as he pushed him away jokingly. Yoongi shrugged his shoulders.

 

Deny your love for me all you want. You know it's true.” Yoongi laughed, splashing Jimin's face with water. Jimin started shampooing his hair and ignored the elder, only replying by sticking out his tongue. Yoongi shook his head and started to wash his body, sometimes bumping shoulders or elbows with the younger.

 

Maybe one day we'll earn enough money to have a shower each.” Jimin dreamed as he washed the shampoo from his hair at the same time that Yoongi was cleaning his chest.

 

But then who's will I stare at?” Yoongi laughed. Jimin pouted and sat up straight, his hair falling into his face blinding him.

 

Stare at your own , my is off limits.” Jimin pouted and grabbed his , hiding it from the elder. Yoongi ignored the younger and continued to wash.

 

**

The shower had ended quickly as per usual, and the group were now piled into the van on their way to their first schedule of the day. Yoongi personally hadn't heard of the show beforehand, but that never really mattered. It was some rookie MC and her show about idol life and such, he also heard that you got to interact with the fans, it was basically a Korean After School Club.

 

He turned his music up as he sat and watched s lazying around the van. Of course Taehyung wasn't lazing around, but instead blasting trot music into the van and screeching the lyrics at the top of his lungs. Jungkook was sitting next to him, occasionally joining in quietly. Namjoon of course was fast asleep, which Yoongi found to be extremely hypocritical. Hoseok was just bobbing along to the music on his phone. Yoongi himself was squashed between Jimin and Seokjin in the back of the bus, Jin resting his head against the window as he stared at his phone absent-mindedly. Jimin was asleep with his head resting backwards against the seat rest, in a position which seemed no way comfortable.

 

It was just their normal typical day, they rushed to wait. This was the side of being an idol that people never really saw, the waiting around and rushing. When the cameras were on they would put on a face and make it seem that driving in the van was one of the funniest pastimes in the world, and maybe for Taehyung it was but he was a freak of nature. Car rides were just always unbelievably boring.

 

They arrived at the studio, changing into their stage outfits and getting their hair and make-up done. They were all lazing around waiting for the PD to call them onto set except for Jungkook and Hoseok who were running around recording for V. Yoongi was just on the edge of falling asleep when he heard hurried footsteps along with giggling coming closer to him.

 

Hyung, there's so many comments asking for you!” Yoongi heard a voice say by his ear. Opening his eyes slightly he could see the maknae standing over him, selfie stick in hand with the app recording him. He groaned and turned away from the younger, trying to fix his hair.

 

I feel like I should be worried with how many times I’ve woken up to have a camera in my face.” He mumbled as he sat up to look into the camera. Jungkook laughed good naturedly and throw and arm around the elder hugging his body closer to the camera. Hoseok sat on the other side of Yoongi and wrapped his arm around the elders waist. Yoongi loved it when the youngsters of the band got all cuddly, it was Yoongi's guilty pleasure.

 

Everyone, look who it is! It's our cutie hyung, Suga! Did you sleep, hyung?” Jungkook asked. Yoongi shook his head.

 

I was about to but then someone decided to wake me up.” He laughed, ruffling the younger's hair. Jungkook grinned and gave the elder the cutest look he could manage.

 

Sorry hyung! But Army wanted to see you, and how could I say no to my babies?” Jungkook said as he done a V sign to the camera. Hoseok and Yoongi both simultaneously pulling faces at the younger. Hoseok shoving the younger.

 

Don't be so greasy! You are like 5!” Hoseok moaned as he pushed the younger. Yoongi pushed the others hand away.

 

So, Army! How are you all?” Yoongi asked the phone, which was something he always found awkward, but he had promised to himself to be more open with his fans, even if it means talking to an inanimate object. He was trying to read the comments but they were far too fast and he could only catch quick glances at them, barely making out a few words here and there, especially seeing as a lot of the comments were in different languages.

 

Hyung, did you know that you are trending on twitter?” Namjoon called from across the room. All three of the boys turned to Namjoon in confusion.

 

Wah! Suga hyung is in these days! Forever cool hyung!” Hoseok called as he squished the elders cheeks together. Yoongi huffed and pushed his hands away.

 

I've always been cool.” He retorted, pretending to flick hair he didn’t have over his shoulder.

 

Uh oh! Guy's we have to go soon but we hope you watch us soon on Mnet's new show, Idol Lives! Thank you everyone for watching and we hope to see you soon! Bye everyone!” Jungkook called as he waved at the camera, all the members calling into the background of the phone to shout their goodbyes too. It also was just at that moment that they had been called onto the studio.

 

Yoongi sighed as he stood up and stretched and made his way into the studio. He wanted to ask Namjoon what he was trending for, but Namjoon had been placed on the opposite of the room to get his mic fitted. He brushed it off as his stylist repositioned his clothes, after all he would just find out later.

 

* * *

 

So, Rap Monster. Yoonseu from Ansan wants to know, What is one of the funniest things that has ever happened while learning a choreography.” The presenter asked, her face stretched into a smile. Namjoon smiled and laughed as he sat more comfortably in the chair.

 

There was this one time, V sprained his wrist. And I know that it doesn't sound funny, but the reason was because he slapped Jimin's so hard during our War of Hormone comeback. We had to delay our comeback and everything, it was great.” Taehyung whined and hid his face in his hands as the other members laughed at the memory.

 

Hyung! You promised you wouldn't tell anyone.” He pouted. Namjoon laughed and threw an arm around the younger and patted his back.

 

Now, for our next question it comes from quite a lot of fans actually.” The presenter frowned as she looked at her queue cards. Yoongi and the rest of the members listened intently waiting for her to say anything. There was no denying they were a bit confused as to why she had suddenly paused, especially as that is the number one no-no to live broadcasts.

 

Suga?” She looked up, locating him immediately. Yoongi smiled and raised the microphone to his mouth, ready to answer any questions the fans had for him.

 

There is a lot of questions here all asking the same thing. Is the SNS post claiming to be your ex-boyfriend true?” The presenter asked.

 

Everything seemed to stop in the moment. A thousand thoughts running through his head at once. What SNS post? Ex-boyfriend? Was he being outed? How the was he supposed to reply to that? He could say that he has no idea what she is on about, after all he truly didn’t. But then he would be denying his uality which is something that he had always been so strong about not keeping a secret. And what if there was fans out there struggling with their own ualities? He would be denying them a role model, even though he was far from one.

 

His fingers tightened around his mic and his stomach twisted as he tried to calm his breathing.

 

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about this SNS post.” He said with conviction, and he would have been proud of himself if his voice hadn't cracked at the end.

 

Excuse me, what has this got to do with the show. Surely our personal lives should stay personal.” Namjoon interrupted, trying to defuse the situation. It didn't help Yoongi feel any better though.

 

The show is called Idol Lives. Suga I believe we have a few snippets of the post here, along with a photo of the poster supposedly kissing you.” She turned towards the TV next to her as a grainy photo popped up of a face he had long since thought he would never see again. Joonsoo.

 

The photo was dark but there was no denying that the person in the photo looked a lot like Yoongi. There was two photos side bye side, one of the two smiling their cheeks pressed together so they could both fit in the camera. Their noses were red because of the cold weather at the time so they were wrapped up warm. The first photo would have looked innocent if it weren't for them sharing a scarf. Yoongi remembered the exact moment the photo was taken.

 

Yoongi! Please there is like no photos of us, let me just take at least one?” Joonsoo begged as he clasped his hands together. Yoongi laughed and pecked his boyfriends lips. It was a dark winter night and the two had found time to meet up around their schedules. They both agreed to meet at the park as it was a fair enough distance between their two dorms.

 

You are too cute.” Yoongi smiled as he pinched his boyfriends cheeks with a laugh. Joonsoo grinned and hugged Yoongi from behind.

 

Please can we take a photo? I'll love you forever if you do~” He was pulling out all of his aegyo tricks as he pressed his face into Yoongi's neck, which he knew was a soft spot for Yoongi. Yoongi sighed and turned around holding the others hand.

 

You should already love me you brat.” He smiled as he brushed off a snowflake which had landed on the others cheek. Joonsoo blushed at the proximity and leaned in closer to give him a kiss. They pulled apart after a moment and Yoongi led them over to the park bench. Yoongi sat down on the bench and then Joonsoo sat next to him.

 

I do love you, stupid. God, you need to wrap up more.” Joonsoo scolded as he unwrapped his scarf to wrap it around Yoongi who was only wearing a beanie hat to keep him warm. Yoongi grabbed Joonsoo's hand stopping him from putting the scarf on him.

 

But then you'll get a cold.” He frowned. Joonsoo smiled and lowered his hands.

 

Okay then, a compromise!” He grinned as he wrapped the scarf around them both, squashing them closer together as they had to lean into each other. Yoongi's heart skipped as he stared at Joonsoo, he was just so in love with him.

 

You are too ing cute.” Yoongi smiled as he kissed his boyfriends cheek. Joonsoo grinned and pulled out his phone.

 

Then how about I take a photo of us and we can remember how cute I am later?” Joonsoo grinned. Yoongi laughed and nodded his head. He hated how persuasive his boyfriend was, Yoongi found it too hard to actually say no to him.

 

Fine, but you owe me.” Yoongi said as he leaned in closer to Joonsoo as he lifted his arm to take the photo. With a flash the photo was taken and Joonsoo smiled as he looked at the photo.

 

You're so cute Yoongi. And I'm sure I can make it up to you.” He smiled as he leaned in for a kiss. Yoongi grinned and leaned in too, once their lips had connected he heard a click and a flash. He pulled away quickly to see Joonsoo smiling cutely with his phone in hand.

 

Yah! Delete it!” Yoongi tried to wrestle the phone off of Joonsoo, but Joonsoo was taller and had longer limbs so it was pretty futile for Yoongi.

 

But look how cute you are!” Joonsoo said as he pulled up the photo of the two kissing. Their noses red and the shared scarf, and okay it was really cute. Yoongi huffed and crossed his arms, trying to stay mad at his boyfriend.

 

Okay. Fine. You can keep it on your phone, but don't upload it anywhere, okay? I look weird in it.” He pointed out his puckered lips. Joonsoo put the phone back in his pocket and held onto Yoongi's hand.

 

You always look beautiful to me, Yoongi.”

 

Which is exactly what the second photo was, the photo of Joonsoo and Yoongi kissing. It was such a sweet moment, but now he would always associate it with this horrible dread in his stomach.

 

Surely his sweet innocent Joonsoo would never post such a thing... Joonsoo had always been so pure and never had a bad bone in his body, he was constantly giving and giving and never taking. Hell, Joonsoo was poor but he sponsored about a million and one animals, he even volunteered at soup kitchens. He would never betray Yoongi like this, no matter how much had changed over the years or how desperate he was. He would never. He would never...

 

Suga, do you know anything about these photos?” All the members turned to him at the presenters words, of course they did. None of them had any idea who Joonsoo was. Not even Namjoon. Trainees were banned from dating so he and Joonsoo only went around in private.

 

I-” Yoongi glanced around and he could see his manager angrily speaking on the phone from outside the studio's soundproof window. He really had no idea how to salvage the situation. He wasn't dumb he knew that this was the end of his career all together. He knew that Korea wasn't accepting of gay people, and that it would take a long time for them to actually ever get to the point of acceptance.

 

A thought popped into his mind as he realised something. Why should it matter. It shouldn't matter at all. The fans were there for his rapping and the bands talents. Not for his dating life.

 

If it was me. What difference would it make.” He asked bravely as he sat up straighter and squared his shoulders. Memories of all his past friends popping into his mind giving him strength.

 

He was going to do this, if it wasn't for himself, he was going to do it for the lost souls of Korea, the ones who didn't get a say in their uality. The abused and disowned for being who they truly are. For all those who took their lives in the LGBT+ community. He would come out for those who didn't have the chance too.

 

Excuse me?” The presenter asked, clearly not expecting the answer that Yoongi gave. Yoongi glared at the woman who was clearly just out to get him at this point, maybe she just wanted her 15 minutes of fame. The woman that outed Min Yoongi. Well he wouldn't giver her that opportunity.

 

At the end of the day, I am still the same person. I rap day in and day out until my voice is raw. I dance again and again until I can barely stand and I dream of the moves. My ual preference has nothing to do with the material I produce. My ual preference changes nothing at all. I am famous because I worked hard and joined a band that supports me, not because of my ual orientation.” He finished. A rush of satisfaction ran through him as he said what he wanted to. He reckoned it was inappropriate to punch the air, so he done it mentally instead.

 

So what you are saying, is that you are gay?” The presenter asked. Yoongi wanted to punch her in the face, really he did.

 

Did you hear anything I just said? It does not matter. Heteronormativity is the bane of my existence. Not once in the past have I ever clarified that I was gay or straight. You as a person has made a judgement upon me as being straight, until the moment I was proven otherwise. Also if I’m not straight, I must automatically be gay?” He ranted. The woman seemed to be quite shocked at his words.

 

So you are straight then, if you aren't gay?” She asked confused. Yoongi wanted to scream. He took a deep breath and made a point of looking straight into the camera that was trained on him.

 

I have something to say. If anyone is watching who is part of the LGBT+ community, I want to let you know that you are not alone. I am so proud of you for getting this far, and you will keep going. I love you and keep fighting.” He cleared his throat and braced himself as he let out a deep breath as he looked back up to the camera.

 

My name is Min Yoongi, and I am a proud Panual.” He turned back to the shocked presenter. “Now, if you don't mind me. I would like to be excused from the remainder of this interview.”

 

------

 

So.. It's been a while. Soz~ If it's any cancellation ive already wrote quite a bit of chapter 3, so that shouldnt be too long. again sorry but i started college and ive been bust with life in general but i hope you enjoy! Thank you for reading!

Also this is the face cast for Joonsoo: X X His real name is Kim Minjun.