Prologue

Smile

Yoongi had always really known that he liked men. There was never a defining moment of 'oh I like men' it had always just been a fact which he didn’t really deem that important, after all he did still like girls, almost as much as he liked boys in fact. In his eyes being panual (a term he felt more comfortable with than biual) wasn’t something to be ashamed of or shunned. It just was who he was.

The moment he started to realise he liked men was when he was a curious pre-teen at the grand age of 11. He had found his brother's stash and being as nosy as he was he decided to watch it. He made sure to lock his door, play his music in the background, plug his earphones into his computer, and turn the sound down as low as he dared. He never touched himself and he never got off until he was the grand age of 13. 

But watching the video. He knew he should have been paying more attention to the blonde who was bent in what looked to be the most uncomfortable position ever. And yet all he could think about was the man grunting above her. His lips parted with every , his impeccable jawline as he tilted his head back, he was just very pretty and Yoongi at the time was just convinced that it was because of jealousy, he only felt that way because he wanted to be him. After all the women was very pretty, he was mesmerised by her smile as she let out her moans, her s bouncing as the man entered her. He had never seen before and this was definitely a confusing time for Yoongi as this was when he really started to question things.

But the older he got he realised that, it was okay. He liked men and that was cool, after all men were ing hot. Girls were ing hot. Everyone was ing hot. He had never really came out, he didn't think it was fair that he had to 'come out', why couldn't he bring home a guy and for everyone to be totally cool with that? So that's exactly how his family found out about his uality. At the age of 15 he left the house calling out that he had a date and that he would be back before 9, and yes mum he knew not to trust strangers, he's 15 now for god's sake. He then returned at 8pm with his date to play video games in his room.

I'm back, I brought my date back with me is that okay? We're just going to play video games.” Yoongi told his parents as he stepped into the living room, pulling his date behind him. His dad nodded his head then looking up. His face being one of pure surprise to see another boy standing behind Yoongi holding his hands.

God dammit! Yoongi!” The shouting surprised Yoongi, and he tensed up prepared for the storm that was about to go down. He was disappointed if anything, he was convinced that his parents would be accepting of him. He gripped onto his dates hand as his jaw clenched.

You couldn't have waited until after graduation!” His dad complained, going into his pocket and pulling out a ₩50,000 note. His mum cackled as she took the money off of him and stuck the note into her bra. Yoongi just stood there mouth opened wide, not quite sure what to say. His parent's had bet on his coming out?

Really? You bet on me?” Yoongi asked, laughing from relief. His date squeezed his hand softly and it made Yoongi's heart flutter. His mum nodded, getting up to hug her little boy.

Your dad started it. Anyway, yes, yes you can go up to your room, but leave the door open, I don't want you doing anything that you wouldn't do with your hyung.” Yoongi made a face at the thought and shook his head.

Of course not! Also that's just gross. Anyway, I'll be in my room!” Yoongi called over his shoulder as he made his way upstairs pulling his date with him.

From that point up his uality was never brought up again, it wasn't a taboo or anything, but his family agreed that it didn't change anything about him. So the only time his family would mention it would be when they questioned him about when he was going to bring home a long lasting girlfriend or boyfriend. Yoongi would always reply with the same thing 'he was too busy for a partner'. He had never really had a serious partner until he was 16, and that was with one of the prettiest girls he had ever set his eyes on.

She was perfect for him, he loved her everything, from her smile to her fashion. He also loved that they shared so much in common, they were both rappers from the underground scene, they both loved video games, and no one could beat their combined laziness. Most, if not all, of their dates consisting of going to each others houses to just nap together or chill in their rooms, sharing raps and music they had created. She was definitely his first love and he was sad to say goodbye to her when he moved to become a trainee at BigHit. He wanted to keep up a long distance relationship with her, but she refused. Telling him that if anything she would just hold him down because he needed to do his best and become famous to show the world who Min Yoongi was. They split up a week before he moved, their goodbyes tearful and heartfelt as they spent their last night together making love one last time.

Moving to Seoul was definitely an experience. He had grew close to Namjoon, the other trainee that he was going to debut with if everything goes to plan. Namjoon was a strange person, one day he would be locked up in the studio writing music with the most serious face and the next he would be badly dancing to wonder girls. They had both became close though, sharing their love of rapping and music it was impossible for the two to not like each other. The two got on like a house on fire, and their friendship only grew as the new trainee Hyosang joined. At first Yoongi was worried as he and Namjoon had been close friends before training but Yoongi was never outcast in the group, the three became a close trio.

Then Hoseok joined their group and they had all grown especially close. Yoongi was mesmerised by Hoseok's dance skills. Any time he would voice his opinion Hoseok would blush and simply mumble that he was just an okay dancer and that he only looked good because he had spent such a long time in Namjoon's company, that anyone looked like a good dancer in comparison.

They were all okay with his uality which he sort of sprang on them at one point. The group were out shopping on one of their rare off days and they had decided to get something to eat as they were hungry and tired from the constant training they had been doing, so they let themselves go and had a McDonald’s. The group sat outside the shop with their food, eating as if their lives depended on it. The group all raised their heads as a pretty girl walked past, her shorts barely leaving anything to the imagination.

Would.” Hyosang pointed. The three nodded their agreement. Namjoon looked around and spotted a woman who was carrying a briefcase with a suit jacket and pencil skirt. Her hair was tied into a tight bun.

Would.” Namjoon pointed. Hoseok made a face and shook his head but Hyosang and Yoongi agreed. Hoseok looked around and spotted a girl with bright pink hair, carrying a penny board. She was wearing a waistcoat and low cut skinny jeans. Her arms were tattooed and in the gap between her waistcoat and the skinny jeans he could see a tattoo on her hip. Hoseok let out a gulp as he pointed at the woman of his dreams.

Definitely would. Guy's I’m in love.” Hoseok sang as he fanned his face. The other three boys were in awe of her as well. They all agreed with him that she was one of the hottest girl's they had seen in a while.

They had played this game before, so now Yoongi knew it was his turn. He took a look around the street, trying to spy anyone that caught his fancy. His eyes then landed on a boy who seemed to be one or two years younger than him, he had black hair and his smile was the most adorable thing ever. The boy was walking with who he assumed was his grandparents. He seemed shorter than Yoongi but not by much. He had chubby cheeks and they were the most adorable thing about him, Yoongi just wanted to pinch and kiss them.

Would.” He said as he pointed towards the boy. The three boy's around him stared at him confused.

What the old lady?” Hyosang pulled a face. Yoongi shook his head and pointed again at the boy.

Him, he's like adorable. Would.” Yoongi told them. The three boys just stared at him confused.

Yoongi, are you... gay?” Hoseok asked. Yoongi rolled his eyes and shook his head.

I'm not gay, I'm Panual. It's different.” Yoongi told them as the boy walked past their table. He had a really nice too and Yoongi couldn't help but stare at the boy's hips as he walked away from them. “Wow, he has one hell of a nice .” Yoongi muttered to himself.

Wait, where did this come from?” Namjoon questioned his tone annoyed. Yoongi shrugged his shoulders.

If you aren't comfortable with me liking men then leave. I'm proud of liking guys. Guy's are hot.” Yoongi defended himself. Namjoon's face softened as he shook his head.

I don't care that your ga-Panual. I'm just pissed that we've known each other for months now and that you're only sharing it now.” Namjoon complained. Hyosang and Hoseok nodded along. Yoongi smiled and let out a breath he didn't realise he had been holding as he felt himself relax.

It just never really came up really. I mean it's not a big deal, so I didn't feel like I had to, you know, openly admit to it. Just like 'Hello, I'm Min Yoongi and I like men'. I'm not comfortable with the whole coming out thing, you know?” Yoongi explained as the three listened and nodded along.

Am I hot?” Hyosang asked out of the blue, making Yoongi choke on his food. Once he got his breath back he stared at his friend.

What?” He managed to say through his laboured breath.

I want to know if I'm hot. Would you date me? I'm straight but I want to know if I'm attractive to guys.” He said as he posed for Yoongi. Yoongi laughed until his sides hurt and shook his head.

I mean yeah you're hot, but you aren't really my style. I like cute guys and also manly guys. Gain some muscle and we'll talk.” Yoongi winked.

Soon the group had grown until there was 6 of them, the two new trainees being a very pretty man called Seokjin who Yoongi had had more than one wrong thought about. He was the oldest out of all of them, which annoyed Hyosang as Seokjin was only a couple of days older. But as expected the two elders got on like a house on fire, becoming best friends instantly. The second to join them was a young boy, who was only 13 years old. At first the other's weren't sure if he was old enough to deal with the pressure of being an idol at such a young age, but whenever they voiced those opinions Jungkook would be quick to change their minds as he poured all he could do and more into practice. Though significantly younger, the boy fit into the group well.

Though not everything always goes to plan, as another new person joined, Hyosang was too stressed out to practice and because of this, he left the group. It hurt a lot to see someone that they had all grown so close to leave. Hyosang was a character and Seokjin took his leaving the worst. Of course they still kept in contact and Hyosang would visit whenever he could, but he had been pressured into his studies by his parents so his main focus was college. The new boy which took his place felt horrible at first, and because of this he found it harder to socialise with the members. But it didn't last long and soon enough Taehyung was also a member of the family.

Yoongi had been a trainee for 2 years now, the trainee life was definitely hard. He didn't really have a lot of time to himself, he would go to bed with his muscles aching and screaming at him to just stop moving. His throat would crack a lot more than it used to as he practised more and more.

They had been expecting a new trainee that day, and none of the members knew what to think. They were supposed to be debuting in the next year and they weren't sure if the new trainee was going to debut with them with such a small time to practice with, or if he would be one of the first trainees for whichever group debuted after them.

The members had been lounging around the practice room as they waited for their manager to bring in the new trainee.

Do you think he'll be friendly?” Taehyung asked from his spot on the floor. Seokjin nodded his head.

I think so, after all PD-nim hasn't been wrong so far.” He replied gesturing to everyone lying around. There was no denying that everyone was talented, they all had their strengths and for every weakness they had there was something which outshone the bad.

True. I hope he's nice. I hear we're the same age. So we have to be friends!” Taehyung pouted. Yoongi rolled his eyes at the pouting youngster. As he was about to retort the door opened revealing their manager Hobeom who had a small boy walking nervously behind him. They entered the practice room and Hobeom cleared his throat gaining everyone's attention.

Everyone, this is the new trainee. I'll let him introduce himself, treat him well. And for goodness sake please don't scare him off.” The manager sighed. Hoseok and Taehyung grinned, they were well known pranksters and enjoyed pranking whoever they could get their hands on.

Hyung, I feel hurt. I can't help but feel that was aimed? I feel so attacked right now.” Hoseok scoffed as he pressed a hand to his chest in mock shock. Hobeom just sighed and pressed his hand to his head. These kids were going to kill him some day.

Uh... Hello. I'm Park Jimin. Please take care of me.” The new trainee bowed. Yoongi was in awe of the younger boy. He was the definition of perfection. He was slightly chubby, but Yoongi could see the muscle the boy had in his arms. He was definitely beautiful, Yoongi felt ashamed to just be in his presence. He was also one of the cutest people Yoongi had ever seen.

Namjoon laughed under his breath and elbowed Yoongi to grab his attention. Yoongi startled and sat up straight, realising that Jimin had been staring right back at him. Yoongi cleared his throat trying to make a good impression, it was the least he could do after embarrassing himself so bad.

Hello, I'm Sungi.” He greeted. His eyes widened as he shook his head. “Ah no, I mean my name is Yoongi. Min Yoongi. My stage name is Suga though, and I got mixed up 'cause I’m nervous and your cute.” He realised what he said and he was desperate to cling onto any hope of redeeming himself. Namjoon pissing himself in the background at his best friends failure. “No! Not cute. I mean, ah . Can we start over?” He asked and Jimin giggled nodding his head.

Hello, I'm Min Yoongi and it's nice to meet you.” He blushed. Jimin smiled and stuck out his hand.

Nice to meet you, Min Yoongi. I'm Park Jimin.”