Chapter Seven

"I'm Okay."

“So, tell me exactly what happened,” the police officer asked as he took a seat on the edge of his desk.

You were still shaky after what had happened to you, you had a hard time answering them without bursting into tears. “I-I…”

“She was almost by her dad,” a man said, his voice deep and raspy. You recognized his voice, it was the hooded man who saved you. “And, if I’m correct, he was drunk.”

Looking at the police officer, you nodded your head vigorously. “Y-yes… that’s… what happened…”

The officer nodded his head, understanding the situation. “Where’s the dad?” he asked.

 

Taking the extra seat that was beside yours, the mysterious blonde man took his hood off. How could you not have noticed this before? It was so obvious, how are you so oblivious? You wanted to slap yourself for being so stupid sometimes.

 

Yoongi jerked his head to the direction of your house, “Still back in her place, it’s only a few blocks away. I bet the guy’s still knocked out cold on the ground,” he said casually as if he’s done this kind of thing many, many times before.

The older man raised an eyebrow at Yoongi, “He’s unconscious?”

He nodded his head, “I may have took him out with a punch.”

With a smile, the police officer turned his head to you, “Be glad Yoongi was able to save you back there, who knows what could have happened if he hadn’t done anything.”

 

About an Hour Later

Silently, the two of you walked back to your home. The police have taken your father away already and sent him to jail for who knows how long. You were all alone now, one of the things that feared you. 

 

“Hey, you’re fine now,” Yoongi said, his voice soft with concern as he placed a hand on your shoulder. “You don’t have to be scared anymore.”

“Thanks…” you replied. Usually you would react to Yoongi making physical contact with you but right now, all you wanted to do is go in your room and break down.

 

It was silent after that small conversation. You didn’t know what to say nor do, all you could do was hang your head low while walking to your house, and luckily it wasn’t that far. Walking to your door, Yoongi waited for you to enter.

 

A thought suddenly came into mind that made you stop from opening the front door. You turned around and faced Yoongi, a confused expression on his face as his eyes were focused on you. “Umm… how did you-”

His sudden smile cut you off, “Let me guess, you’re wondering how I just came and saved your life out of the blue when you thought I already went home.”

 

It was like he read your mind. You nodded your head as a response.

 

“You really thought that I’d just leave you without knowing that you’re safe at home?” he said as he took a few steps towards you, your head only inches away from your head. “Shin Young, I know we haven’t known each other for that long yet but that doesn’t mean I can’t always be there for you even if you.”

 

Yoongi’s words hit you right on the chest. Your eyes started to cloud with tears that you could barely see a thing. You knew you’ve reached your limits.

You suddenly felt Yoongi’s hand on the back of your head, pushing you closer to him with your head buried into his chest as your head hung low. You sobbed as he wrapped his arms around you, embracing you, making you feel protected for once.

You felt his grip around you loosened, he pushed you away from him and cupped your cheeks with his hands warm hands. Looking up, you gave him a confused look as he used both his thumbs to wipe the tears from your cheeks. You were practically staring at him, mesmerized by how his pale complexion was glowing under the moonlight.

 

As you were about to open your mouth to speak and thank him for everything he has done for you, he leaned down and pressed his lips against yours. Your eyes widened into saucers but they subconsciously closed as the kiss went on longer.

 

As Yoongi pulled away, he seemed to be as shocked as you were. Though dark, you could see that he was blushing. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to – sorry,” he stuttered out. It was cute seeing him this way when he’s always so cool in front of everybody.

You stared down at your feet, “I-it’s okay…”

“Wait, are you saying that you didn’t mind?”

 

With your head still down, you nodded as a response. It was hard to look him in the face after what had just happened. Actually, it’s hard to even say a word to him.

 

“It’s late, you should go in…” he spoke, his tone soft.

 

You saw the many sides of Yoongi that you haven’t seen before these past few hours. He was always so cool and you thought he could care less about you but he was actually, low-key, has been having his eyes on you.

This could be a start of a very interesting new life for you.

 


Author's Note 


 

Okay, sorry for the long wait, I haven't been feeling like writing for the past few days (or even weeks). So at first I was going to make the blonde guy Namjoon and make him disappear right after that one scene but then everyone is like "LET IT BE YOONGI PLEASE!!!!" so why not? xD

This was a short chapter but I hope that you guys like it ^_^