Chapter Ten

"I'm Okay."

The skies grew dark but the skies shimmered with hundreds of stars. The cold breeze of the night brushed against you on the grass as you laid down.

"Beautiful..." you said quietly, almost inaudible for anyone to hear.

Jimin nodded as he stared at the dark sky beside you, "It is," he said then turned his head to look at you, "but it's not as beautiful as you are," he grinned widely.

You scoffed the moment you heard his words then turned your head to face him. The stupid, yet cute, expression on his face made you smile a bit, "I've never heard such a huge lie in my whole life," you giggled. It was hard for you to take a compliment, mostly because you didn't think similarly. To you, you are ugly and broken. That's it.

"It's true," he said as he sat up, "and it's my opinion so you can't deny it," he said, cocking and eyebrow at you.

Smiling, you sat up and glaced at him. "Thank you," you said then got up. "It's getting late, we should head home."

Jimin rummaged into the pocket of his jeans, taking out his phone. "Damn, it's almost midnight."

 

The two of you began to walk back into the busy city of Seoul. The lights of every building shone brightly, illuminating every street. It seemed busier during the night than in the day.

 

Jimin suddenly stopped on his tracks, "Wait," he said, catching your attention, making you stop and look back at him. You gave him a questioning look while waiting for words to come out from his mouth. "We haven't had dinner yet," he smiled then quickly walked towards you, grabbing your hand but put no force on it. 

 

He looked into the street then waved his hand in the air, trying to catch at least one taxi driver's attention. With his luck, he managed to hail one in seconds.

 

Your eyes shot wide in alarm, "Jimin, what are you doing?" You questioned.

He smiled at you before pulling you into the cab with him. "Don't worry, you'll like this surprised," he said then looked at the taxi driver and told him his destination. "I told you that I'd treat you today, so I'm still going to do that," he said.

"Y-you know you don't have to, right?" You began to stutter.

"Don't worry, this  one won't even cost anything for the both of us," he smiled widely at you.

 

In minutes later, the two of you were in front of a cute little white house. Jimin jumped up on the stairs like a little kid and opened the door. Shyly, you followed behind him.

 

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" He yelled and almost immediately, two adults immerged from the kitchen. Both of them had odd expressions on their faces that you couldn't muster.

Jimin's mother slapped his arm the moment she was in front of him, "Park Jimin! Where were you? Do you have any idea how worried you made us?!" She yelled then pulled Jimin in her arms.

 

You awkwardly watched them. It seemed so long for you to see a parent actually worried for their child. It made you a bit jealous of Jimin, seeing how loving his family is. 

 

"Who's your little friend?" His father asked, turning his attention towards you. 

You stiffened then yourmind went blank. You had no idea what to do anymore. "I-I'm... M-my name is S-shin Young... N-nice to meet you..." Stuttered then bowed. That could not have gone any worse. You couldn't help but cringe at yourself.

The mother's eyes shot wide in surprise, "Shin Young-ah," she smiled then held onto your shoulder, "you don't have to be so nervous around us," she said.

Jimin looked at her mom, "Is it okay if Shin Young eats with us?" He asked with a smile.

"Of course! Your father and I already ate but there's still some food in the fridge," she rushed into the kitchen with you and Jimin following her from behind. "I'll heat these up, they'll only take a couple of minutes," she smiled.

Jimin's father took an empty seat across from you on the table. "So, Shin Young, are you our little Jimin's new girlfriend?"

Jimin's eyes shot wide, "Dad!"

You smiled and just shook your head, "W-we're just friends," you laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of your head.

His father pouted a bit, "That's too bad, I was really hoping our Jiminnie would finally find a girl."

His mother carefully set the hot soup on the table then took a seat beside her husband. "I thought Jimin liked a girl from the library. What happened to her?"

 

Jimin suddenly had an alarmed look on his face and seemed to refuse to answer the question. That was a bit weird, he didn't mind talking to you about the girl that he has a crush on from the library. How come he can't say anything right now?

After Jimin, you gave yourself a small amount of food on your bowl, not wanting to seem so greedy and hungry. You were mentally slapping yourself for always looking like a hobo in front of people. HIs parents probably think your just a poor girl Jimin felt bad for when he was walking along the streets. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if they actually think that.

An uncomfortable shiver went through your body, you felt as if someone was watching you. You tried your best to ignore it and just quietly smile, nod and listen to the conversation Jimin was having with his mother. They're talking to each other like they haven't seen each other in years. You couldn't deny it, you got a bit jealous of his family.


"Aha! I knew it!" Jimin's father suddenly yelled as he jumped up from his seat. A huge smile grew from his lips as he peered at you, "You were that girl that Yoongi saved! You were all over the news," he grinned as he sat back down to his seat.

The mother's eyes suddenly widen in horror, "You were that girl that was being abused by her own father?!" She quickly stood up then went to hug you from behind while you still sat on your chair with food in your mouth. 

You gulped hard, trying very hard to swallow while you processed the situation. "I-I was on the news?"

Completely ignoring you, the mother went from being careful to harsh as he suddenly slapped Jimin's shoulder. "Yah! Why didn't you say anything?" she questioned then sat on the chair beside you, pushing a bowls of side dishes towards you. "Here, eat more," she smiled.

Jimin pouted as he rubbed his shoulder, "Maybe because she didn't want to cause a fuss like this."

"Where's your father right now? Didn't he manage to leave jail after a few days?" she asked.

"Umm... he's back in prison..." you answered.

"So you're left with just you and your mother?"

You shook your head, "My mother passed away..."

 

Pure silence. The whole room became silent the moment you said those words but it didn't take that long for Jimin's mother to react. She smiled and held your left hand then squeezed it lightly. Just like what my mom used to do...

 

As the time passed, you were able to get more comfortable with Jimin's mother. She was witty, friendly and a little bit childish, which was cute for you. She began to show you family pictures, most of them were just Jimin posing and dressing up in cute girl outfits. Some picures were of him and his brother back when they were in Busan.

 

"So what did happen to the girl that you liked from the library?" Jimin's father asked him as he was rinsing the dishes and handing them to his son.

Jimin looked back and looked at gazed at you smiling with his mother. A smile came from his lips, "That's her," he said to his father happily. "But don't say anything to mom, she might freak out and give out hints that I do."

"But didn't you say she was Yoongi's girlfriend already?"

The smile quickly disappeared from his face at the thought of both you and Yoongi being together. His blood boiled as the image of his hyung came into mind, "He's faking it..."