Chapter Six

"I'm Okay."

It was already late when both you and Jimin went back to the library. Luckily it was still open and you can get back your backpack without having to come back the next day to get it.

 

A woman, who seemed to be in her late thirties, came up towards Jimin with an unsatisfied look on her face. She looked really pissed. “Hand me the keys.”

 

With a sigh, Jimin obeyed her like a dog and shoved a hand in the back pocket of his pants. He dropped the key on her hand that waited to retrieve the object. She scoffed at him then turned to leave his sight without another word. It made sense that she was the cold librarian that Jimin talked about before.

 

You gave him a concerned look, feeling bad that he lost his job because of you. “I-I’m… uhh… s-sorry…” you muttered, your head suddenly hung low.

He smiled and placed a hand on your head, patting it gently then ruffled your hair a bit. “Don’t worry about it, I can always find a new job.”

 

Jimin had been so nice to you all this time and all you did to him was cause him trouble and have him loose his job. You were about to apologize again until the sight of Yoongi walking towards you, your backpack held tightly in his hand, caught your attention.

 

He held out the backpack in front of you, “Came back to get this?” he smiled sweetly and you just couldn’t help but blush a little from his smile. A smile like his could literally end all things horrible in this world.

You bowed your head, appreciating his kindness as you took your worn out backpack from him, “Thank you.”

“No problem.”

“Hyung,” Jimin suddenly said, his voice sounded alarmed. “Your parents…”

 

All in unison, the three of you turned your heads towards the door where a couple made their way inside the library. You glanced at Yoongi and noticed the annoyed look on his face. He moved and stood in front of you and Jimin who stood there like statues.

 

The couple stopped just a few meters away from Yoongi. Without his expression changing, he questioned them, “What are you two doing here?” he questioned in a cold tone.

His mother was somehow not bothered by his attitude, “We have great news for you so we decided to just pay you a little visit at work.”

“What news?” he asked but seemed to have no interest in the topic at all.

“Well, your mother and I found someone who’s willing to accept you as their future husband,” his father smiled.

 

Your eyes widened at his father’s words. Future husband, the voice just spun around in your thoughts and you couldn’t stop thinking about it. Your own crush, right in front of you, is being told by his own parents that they have found him a wife. What are the odds that something like this will happen to you in your life?

 

“How many times have I told you guys that I don’t want to be married to someone who I don’t even know?” Yoongi said, his blood starting to boil.

“Nonsense, you’ll have plenty of time getting to know each other after the two of you get married,” his father reasoned.

 

The whole conversation was ridiculous. Yoongi’s parents seemed to be really forcing him into an arranged marriage and are taking no for an answer.

 

“And it’s not like you found anyone,” his mother smiled. “Do it for us, for the company.”

 

Oh, so it’s a company thing, you thought, starting to understand the situation.

 

“Actually,” Yoongi suddenly said, a sly grin on his face which made you worry.

 

I knew it! He had a girlfriend already doesn’t he?

 

Yoongi turned around and gave you a little wink as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders. He leaned in close to your ear, his hot breath brushing against you making your ears turn red. “Listen, I need you to pretend like you love me for a moment, okay?” he whispered.

 

That won’t be hard…

 

You nodded your head slightly as a response. Yoongi turned his head back to his parents, “I already have a girlfriend,” he said, “Her name is Shin Young.”

Politely, you bowed your head towards his parents, “N-nice to finally meet you…” you said nervously.

The couple looked surprised, their eyes widened into saucers as they just stared at you from head to toe. Yoongi’s mother suddenly snapped her head towards Jimin who has been silent the whole time. “Jimin, is this true? Are they together?”

Looking at Jimin, you noticed the uneasiness on his face but he sealed it quickly with a smile. He nodded his head vibrantly, giving Yoongi a proud look, “Yup! I see these two love birds hang out all the time these days.”

“Well…” Yoongi’s mother began, “We never thought that you’d actually find someone…”

“We’ll talk about this later at dinner,” his father said.

 

Without another word, the couple left the library leaving an awkward atmosphere between the three of you.

 

Yoongi sighed and removed his arm off of your shoulder when he was sure that his parents weren’t able to see or hear them anymore. “Sorry Shin Young, I hope you don’t mind pretending to be my girlfriend for a while,” he smiled at you.

 

You nodded your head, not able to say a single word that moment.

 

“It’s late… I should go…” Jimin said with a smile. “See you guys later,” he waved at the two of you before he went out the door. Jimin may have been smiling but you knew that there was something bothering him when you saw the sadness in his eyes.

 

So many things happened today. All so weird and unexpected. First, Jimin found out about your cuts and bought you ice cream and now you have to pretend to be Yoongi girlfriend to trick his parents. Actually, the last one isn’t so bad.

 

“You should head home too, it’s getting pretty late,” Yoongi smiled at you.

“O-oh, y-yeah…” you stuttered.

“Need me to you back home again?” he giggled but it sounded more like melodic jingles from a fairy.

You shook your head. He has already done so much for you. “I’ll be fine…”

“Are you sure?”

You wanted him to walk you home but you had to resist his offer. “Yeah, I’m sure.”

 

Only after a few minutes of your walk back home, uneasiness swallowed you up after you realized that you were going back home to a drunk and abusive father. Hopefully, he’ll be asleep and sober when you arrive home.

 

The door creaked open as you entered in your dark home. You carefully took off your shoes, not wanting to make any noises that’ll trigger anything. You slowly made your way towards your room while tiptoeing like a child.

The lights suddenly flickered open, the sight of your father standing beside the light switch that was beside your room startled you. You could have sworn that you own soul just left your body when that happened.

 

“Y-you! You’re late!” he yelled as he stumbled towards you. He was completely drunk.

 

You backed away slowly from him, afraid that if you made sudden movements that he might do something.

 

“Yah!” he yelled then ran towards you, pushing your small body to the ground creating a loud thump when you landed on the floor. “Wh-where the hell do you think… you’re going? You little… …”

 

He was too heavy for you to push him away. You struggled to get him off you but all you could do was squirm under him. He sat up, spreading his legs so that your body was between them, making sure to squeeze them tightly so that you weren’t able to move.

 

You knew what he had in mind and you tried to stop him, “Please! Don’t do this!”

Your father ignored you and slapped your face, hard. “Shut the up!” he yelled that your neighbors practically heard him through the walls.

 

Continuing to squirm like a little, helpless worm, he began to maneuver his hands over your body, you felt disgusted by his touch. You tried to grab his hands but he was too quick for you despite him being drunk. Before you knew it, he had your hands pinned to the floor above your head.
 

“Help! Help me! Please! SOMEBODY! PLEASE HELP ME!!!” you began to scream, tears beginning to stream down your face.

 

Without any hesitation, your father slapped you again, even harder this time that it made you lose your senses for a moment. But that didn’t stop you from struggling and yelling out, pleading and praying for someone to help you.

With his free hand, he made his way down to your pants, ping them and pulling them down to your knees. He slapped your thigh making you yelp, leaving a bright red and painful mark from his hand.

You felt his hand going inside your shirt and behind your back, trying to unclasp your bra. With all your force, you tried to squish his hand between your back and the floor, he gasped from the pain and retrieved his hand back. He slapped you again. His hands returned and pinched hard on your skin, making your arch and used that opportunity to unclasp your bra.

A large, lustful grin emerged from his face as he started to undress you, taking your shirt off in one swift movement along with your bra. Only your underwear was left for him to take off so he quickly moved his hands down, sliding your to your knees.

 

You couldn’t do anything. Nothing. He was too strong and you were just too weak. All you could do was cry.

 

Please… someone… anyone…

 

Right when you were about to give up, the door suddenly flew open. You tilted your head up and saw a hooded man with blonde hair standing at the door, his eyes widened into saucers when he saw the chaos that was happening right in front of his eyes.

 

“Help me! Please!” you pleased.

 

The man immediately moved, aggressively pushing your father away from you, his fists landing on his face. Just like that, he was knocked out cold on the floor. You sat up and pushed yourself away from the scene with your legs. You could barely see anything will all the tears welling up in your eyes.

You were heaving, unable to breathe normally and your heart was practically beating out of your chest. You yelped when your back abruptly hit the wall. The noise that came from your mouth made the hooded man turn around.

 

He grabbed a large blanket that was on the couch and used it to cover your body. “Get up, we’re going to the police station.”

 


Author's Note 


 

This was a very long and intense chapter. I have honestly never written something like this and my heart was just beating so fast while imagining the things that happened in this chapter. I stayed up writing this whole chapter and it's like 6:30am now so I'm too lazy to even bother editing this chapter hehehehe.

Who do you guys think saved Shin Young?