Chapter Five

"I'm Okay."

Jimin now knows about your cuts. Telling him was one the worst experiences you’ve encountered in your entire life. He was getting so involved with you now that it made everything feel like it’s just a dream. It’s been years since you’ve actually had someone get involved in your daily life.

It was really nice of him to care but can you really trust him? Maybe he’s just acting so nice to you because he feels bad for you. After what happened that day at the library with your dad really did seem a bit extreme, you don’t see stuff like that every day.

 

“Something on your mind?” you heard Jimin ask, snapping you from your thoughts.

You looked up from the ground and realized you were still walking with him. You simply shook your head, “Nothing…”

 

He raised an eyebrow at you, swiftly turned so that he was in front of you, stopping you from your tracks. His actions startled you that you almost yelp in surprise.  A smile on his face appeared as he looked at you.

 

“We’re here,” he said, opening the door for you to enter.

 

A wave of cold air struck you as you entered the ice cream shop. The smell of various different ice cream flavors filled the air, you haven’t smelled anything so delicious in your life since the before your mother had passed away.

 

“Pick anything and I’ll pay for it,” he said.

 

It was very generous of him to treat you ice cream, you had no other choice but to accept it, you were already there and it’ll be impossible to pay for it right now since you spent all of your money on that cup of ramen earlier.

 

The two of you walked out of the ice cream shop and sat on the nearest bench that the two of you could find. “I’ll make sure to pay you back,” you said out of the blue.

Jimin’s eyes widened, he used his ice cream as a pointer and pointed it right at your own cone of ice cream goodness. “This is free,” he said with a sweet smile on his face, “you don’t have to pay me back.”

You nodded your head, “T-thank you…” you started to stutter again.

“Look over there!” he pointed to the distance where you could faintly see a large Ferris wheel. “The amusement park… brings back so much childhood memories,” he laughed then turned his head to look at you. “Have you ever went to the amusement park with your friends?”

You shook your head, eating the last of what’s left of your ice cream. “I… never really had friends…”

 

This is ridiculous, you’re making yourself sound so pitiful by saying you didn’t have friends. Idiot, you should have thought of something else to say, you scolded yourself mentally.

 

Judging by Jimin’s facial expression, he seemed to be taken aback. He shifted in his seat, “Is that so?” he said. “Well, I’m your friend now so we should definitely go there sometime and have fun.”

 

Friend. He said it. Park Jimin just called you his friend.

 

His phone suddenly rang. Standing up, he shoved his hand in the pocket of his jeans and dug out his phone. “Hello?”

“Park Jimin, this is your last chance,” it was no mistake that the caller was Mrs. Yoon, the evil and cranky librarian. Jimin had no idea how she got his number. “If you don’t come back in thirty minutes, you’re fired!” she hung up.

 

You overheard the small conversation between him and the librarian. Her yelling was loud enough that people from the other street were able to hear it. This was all your fault, if you hadn’t caused a scene, Jimin would still have a job. From where the two of you are, it’ll be impossible to get to the library in just thirty minutes.

 

“You should go,” you said.

He shoved his phone back into his pocket. “Nah, don’t worry about it,” he said smiling then sat back down on the bench.

“But your job.”

“It’s okay, I didn’t really like working there anyways.”

“Why don’t you like working there?”

He suddenly grinned and shifted his body so that he was fully facing you, “Because of the witch who had us trapped in there,” he said in a hilarious tone that made you giggle a bit. “But seriously though, I don’t like that woman one bit.”

“If you didn’t like working there because of her, why did you stay?”

Jimin’s smile seemed to have widened when you asked the question, “Well, there’s this girl that I’ve been having a really big crush on. She’s nice and loves to read books so I see her there almost every day.”

 

So Jimin has a crush on someone. It’s so cute how he would take a job he didn’t like just to see her. I wonder if Yoongi has a crush on someone. What am I saying? He probably has a girlfriend.

 

 “What about you? Do you have any one you like?” he suddenly asked.
 

You had no idea how to respond to his question, it’s not like you can just tell him that you like Yoongi, he might make fun of you – or worse – he might tell him that you like him.

 

“No…”

“Wait, are you serious?” Jimin asked, appalled. “Come on, you’ve got to like someone!”

You can’t trust Jimin just yet. “Well I don’t-”

“Its Yoongi hyung, isn’t it?”

 

How the hell?!

 

“It’s not.”

Jimin’s face came closer to yours, his smile turning devilishly evil as he inches closer. “Don’t lie, I see the way you look at him in the library sometimes,” he said.

 

He saw you staring at Yoongi?! This is not good. Not good at all!!!

 


Author's Note


 

I'm so sorry for the long wait on this chapter, I just had a little difficulty with my writing these days and I also had a little bit of writer's block, so I hope you guys don't hate me for it hehe.Thank you PinkNeonLightz and Yu120599 for upvoting ^_^ I really appreciate it <3

I didn't really read over this chapter and edited any mistakes so I apologize if you see anything weird.