Chapter Two

"I'm Okay."

Silently, you watched Jimin as he walked off into the darkness of the night leaving you and Yoongi all alone together. You suddenly grew nervous, realizing the situation you were in that moment. All alone, with Yoongi, the guy you’ve had a crush on for a long, long time.

 

“Umm…” you began, “Y-you really… d-don’t have to…” you wanted to squish your head from all the stuttering you were doing.

Yoongi shook his head, which made your eyes widen a bit. It was rare for a guy to walk you home – actually – it’s rare for you to even talk to a guy. “I can’t let that happen after all that chaos with your dad,” he said with a smile then began to walk.

“I-I’m sorry… about that…” you apologized, your head hung low as you followed him from behind.

He suddenly stopped on his tracks having you bump into him. He turned and faced you, your heart pounded like a drum the moment you made eye contact with him. “Why do you keep stuttering?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

To tell the truth, saying that this is the first time you’ve had a conversation with someone in years or lie and say that you’re just in shock from what had happened, you thought.

 

You began to walk as he followed you from behind, waiting for an answer. “I-I haven’t really talked to anyone in a while…” you admitted. You suddenly felt like a huge load of weight was lifted from you, maybe letting all of that out was the right thing to do.

“Are you saying that you haven’t talked to people in a long time?” he questioned in surprise. Looks like your choice of words turned out to be the wrong thing to say to him.

 

There was no point in lying, you could get yourself out of this situation but you sadly didn’t know how to do that. All you could do was to be honest.

You nodded your head. Looking ahead, the sight of your own rundown home made you feel like you can escape from Yoongi. A few more steps and you can end this conversation, though at the same time you still wanted to hang out with him more.

 

Arriving, you walked up the stairs with Yoongi still tailing you from behind. You turned to face him and bowed, “Thank you.”

“There’s no need, just doing the right thing here,” he said then smiled.

 

Oh, how heavenly he looked when he smiled, a smile like that could lighten the darkness. What do I have to do to keep seeing him smile like that, your thoughts had swallowed you that you didn’t realize that you were staring at Yoongi.

 

He tilted his head, his smile got wider, a bit more mischievous this time. “Shin Young?” he said, snapping you away from your thoughts.

“S-sorry!” you apologized again then turned to face the door of your home, turning the doorknob as fast as you could then went in.

You noticed Yoongi looking about his surroundings, “So this is where you live, one of the tiest and dangerous places in this town,” he said.

His little comment made you open the door instead of closing it like you were planning on doing. “What’s that supposed to mean?” you asked, a bit offended.

He suddenly waved his hands in front of you, “I’m not saying that as an insult, I just didn’t expect that you would live in a place like this…”

“A place that’s depressed and wrecked?”

“I was going to say a bit old but I just thought that you’d be on the safer side of town instead of… here…”

You gulped, “Well, I wasn’t really the one who chose to live here… it was my dad’s idea after we lost… everything…”

“Lost everything?”

You said too much. “T-thanks again for helping me out,” you said, bowing your head at him once more before closing the door.

 

You let out a huge sigh, sliding down the door before breaking into tears. Too much happened today.

 

The Next Morning

The moment you woke up, you felt horrid. You could barely open your eyes from the amount of tears that had dried on your face. Last night many unexpected events happened, you hoped that all of that was a dream but at the same time you wished it wasn’t, Yoongi knew you existed now.

 

Wait… how did he know my name?

 

Grumble.

It was your hungry stomach that made all the wailing noises. It made sense since you didn’t eat lunch and dinner yesterday.

You got up from bed with a loud grunt, your body felt numb all of a sudden. You opened your bedroom door only to be welcomed by the smell of cigarettes. There’s only one reason why you’re house smelled like that.

 

“You’re awake…” your father said, smoke coming out from his mouth with every word that he spoke. “Didn’t think I’d be back so early?”

 

You didn’t respond but only continued to make your way to the fridge, finding food to extinguish your hunger. It was empty. You let out a sigh then closed the fridge door only to be startled by your father who hid behind it.

 

He grabbed both of your wrists and pinned them above your head, slamming your fragile body onto the nearest wall. “Last night was quite interesting, don’t you think?” he asked with a straight face, though in his eyes you could see all of his fury.

 

If you don’t answer, he might leave you like last time, you thought, hoping that the plan will work.

 

“Can’t talk again?” he released his grip on both of your wrists then took a few steps back. He lifted his right hand in the air and made a fist. With one strike, he punched you, making your lips bleed when it was smashed between your teeth and your father’s hard fist. “Send me to jail again and I’ll ing mess you up worse than I have ever before!” he yelled then kicked you right on the stomach.

 

He spat out the cigarette that was in his mouth at you, landing on your left hand. The lit part of the cigarette gave off too much heat for you to handle. As you were about to shake it off your father stomped his foot on your hand.

 

He twisted his foot causing you to wince in pain, “Don’t forget, you were the one who said that I should squish my cigarettes to avoid fires,” he grinned like an evil maniac then walked out of the front door.

 

The moment he slammed the door shut, tears started falling from your eyes. You shook your throbbing hand to shake off the flat cig revealing a small burn. With all your strength, you stood up then went into the bathroom.

Turning on the lights, you closed the door then stood on the toilet seat, reaching up to grab a small black makeup bag that was hidden on top of the medicine cabinet. You jumped down and closed the lid on the toilet, sitting there for a moment while wiping the endlessly flowing tears from your eyes.

Minutes of crying later, you zipped the bag open to expose series of razor blades. You took one of them out, dropping the makeup bag to the floor then steadied your left wrist. You moved the sharp blade along your wrist, blood dripping to the floor from your hand.

 

You cried once again. “I am so sorry…” you said as you continued to slice your wrist.