Part 2. How it started.

The Fashionable Housemaid

It was the day of my graduation when I got a call. As you can guess.. it wasn’t my mother.

 

No. It was Kim Jongin. He called me because I still had his cousins clothes, and that he liked my dress, and if I was ok, and why there were fish who fly. You get it right? I was kinda in a hurry.

Well, the conversation ended and to sum it up he was picking me up afterwards for a coffee at his place. Which was nice of him but I really needed to focus on my graduation and he was making it pretty difficult for me.

 

*tuuttuut*

 

“I’m cominggg!!”

 

My parents and brother were waiting for me outside in the car to go to school together. After my graduation they would drive of to the airport because they were going on a holiday trip to Japan.

No ofcourse I couldn’t come. I had to find a job soon since I won’t have any income from school anymore now, ah well.

 

“Smile!” my brother yelled.

I was posing with my parents who were being very proud of me. Even my father who thought this education was a total waste of money.

I accepted my diploma, talked to some classmated to make sure we keep in touch and waved my parents goodbye. *tuuttuut* there was my next appointment

“Are you enjoying your coffee?” He stared at me with a smile on his face. I smiled back at him. God, this was awkward. Why is he smiling at me like that? What does that guy want from me?

“So you are done with school now?”

“YES I AM!” I slapped my hand on my mouth and went dead red by my awkward behaviour. He noticed and chuckeled a bit. God, I could just die right now! What’s happening to me?!

“Perhaps am I making you uncomfortable? Please say so if I do.”

I calmed myself down a bit and looked at him.

“Well, a little bit yes. I mean, why are you still talking to me? I gave you back the clothes and thanked you. We have no further business with eachother as far as I know off.”

His eyes widened and he immediately sat back.

Oh shoot, I scared him didn’t I?

He was thinking. Why was he thinking!? OH god, I really did it this tim, he’s probabaly gonna sue me! I can’t be sued! I will never get employed!
“Please don’t sue me!” I begged rubbing my hands against eachother.

He looked at me questionable and then just burst out in laughter.

“What?!” He asked while wiping away his tears. “Why would I sue you?”

“I don’t know! I’m a bit rude sometimes. I thought I offended you when you went quiet.”

He just looked at me, his eyes still smiling as he shook his head.

“I was just thinking about asking you to work for me.”

To what!? I thought.

“I’m so busy with work lately my household chores are really piling up, so I was thinking about hiring someone to do it for me. I know you are graduate designer so I don’t want to steal away your dreams or anything, but you seem like a very reliable person. And ofcourse I will pay you well.”

“A reliable person?” I asked, he chuckeled.

“Yeah, you don’t take crap. From anyone! ..I like that.”
He smiled at me but I wasn’t able to smile back. I felt pressured. What should I do??

“Hhm, I have to think about it. Please give me some time and I’ll let you know by tomorrow ok?”

“Sure, take your time.” there was that smile again. He’s got to stop doing that if I’m going to work for him.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

“So the cleaning stuff is all in here. If you need something just tell me beforehand and I’ll leave you some money on the table. In here is the laundry room….”

 

Yep, you guessed correct.
I agreed to his offer and as of now I am officially Kai’s housemaid!

I did think about it that night, because I don’t know if I like the whole working for a celebrity thing. Well, I’ll have to if I want to be a famous designer but your not really inside their personal space if you know what I mean. Anyway, I didn’t really had any other job offers to start with so yeahhh…

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was two weeks later and I was really getting my way around the house. I used to clean when he was there but now I got my own key since he works odd hours and I can’t really clean his house at 1.30 in the morning.

 

It’s been a couple of days now and it was starting to catch my attention.

Kai comes home around 9pm and just goes straight to his room. Normally he hangs around a bit, chatting with me or with his fellow members on the phone. But not even a simple “hi” will leave his lips. Other than that he was looking rather frustrated.

I kept telling myself that it was not my business, since it really isn’t, but I just couldn’t help to do something about it. So I decided to bake some cookies! Yes I know, I’m no Mother Theresa or Dr. Phil. But I do know this. A man’s love goes through the stomach, so the other feelings probably go down the same road aswell! It definately works for me when I’m down or stressed out.

 

I hope this tastes good..

I got the steaming hot plate out of the oven and shoved the cookies onto a plate. If this smell doesn’t get him out of his room I give up.

“Whats that?”

“Kya!” I grabbed my heart, that was fast. I turned around and he was just looking at me. His smile nowhere to be found. It was a rather sad expression. I really wanted to ask what was wrong with him, but like I said, it was none of my business.

“Here!” I shoved the plate in front of his face.

“Those are gingerbreadmen, try one!” I smiled at him.

You could see he was puzzled by my behaviour. I don’t really smile a lot. But his hand slowly reached towards the tiny men. He gently broke an arm and placed it into his mouth.

I never really looked at it but his lips looked really nice. Wait, what was I just thinking about!? Really Nam Yoo Na! Get yourself together. Don’t let hormones take over, your smarter than that!

“Oh my.. This is delicious!” His eyes lit up and his smile found his way back again. I told you, these cookies are the best!

 

We talked a bit more and strangely enough I was really enjoying our little conversation. It seemed that we have more in common than I thought. I mean, he’s actually a pretty normal guy behing all that make-up hehehe.

“Woah, it’s 11.30. I’d better get going.”

“Oh yeah, it’s pretty late isn’t it. Do you want me to drive you home?” He looked at me with soft smiling eyes.

I felt an uncomfortable nervous feeling burning up inside of me.

“I-Uh-No, no I’m fine thanks! I’ll just take the bus.” I said quickly putting on my coat as fast as I could. My face was getting really warm and I really didn’t want hi to see that!

“Yoo Na-ssi!” He called and grabbed my wrist. Oh god!

“Could you make these cookies tomorrow aswell?” And there were the puppy eyes! But that just made me chuckle.

“If that’s what makes you happy.” I smiled. He smiled back, nodding his head.

 

As promised, I made the cookies. A whole bunch of them. I kind of overdid myself here. But it’s good that I did! Suddenly I heard noises coming from the hallwayand before I knew it the kitchen was cramped with 9 tipsy guys!

“Yoo Na-ssi!!” they all started yelling. Great.

“Jongin told us that you make the best cookies in the world! Can we try some?”

“No! Those are mine, get lost Chanyeol.”

I’m going to have to take care of 9 babies here in a minute!
“Yah, you could have told me you were bringing them over you know. I haven’t prepared anything besides the cookies and a bit of cold pasta salad now. Oh, and I ain’t cleaning up no vomit unless it’s caused by some kind of stomach bacteria allright?” I wisely cocked an eyebrow at him. I really have to ease my attitude! Me and my big mouth..

“Ok, ok, I know. I’m sorry. Here, take the rest of the night and tomorrow morning off and have a beer.” he smiled holding my shoulders.

It took me an hour before I was in the same state as they were. I’m not really the reliable person you know when I get a beer shoved into my hands.

“Let’s do rock, paper, scissors! The winner gets Yoo Na-ssi for a whole week!”
“Yah!” Me and Kai yelled in choir. I looked at him.

“Nobody is getting Yoo Na. She is mine.” Kai told him. I stopped at his words.

His?... Why am I blushing?!

“Yah, would you all stop acting like I’m some kind of object!”

 

Let me remind you, we were all pretty smashed by now.

“She’s right you know.”Baekhyun told Chanyeol who stook out his tongue at him.

“We were just joking Baekkie! Right Kai?” Kai just smiled, and stared at me. This stare continued for several serious and intense seconds. I could feels my cheeks burning up.

“Who wants some more cookies!” I quickly offered. I couldn’t even walk straight but I had to do something!

This was just my imagination right? My drunk, unreliable imagination. That wasnt a real stare right? Nonononono, ofcourse not! He’s Kai for gods sake!

How did we think that any more drinking would be good for us…

 

My eyes opened slowly, aish, the light hurt them. I hazely looked around, this is the livingroom right? I couldn’t move. Why can’t I move? I looked down and there was Kyungsoo’s head lying on my lap. I sighed, big time. I looked further and there was Chanyeol lying on the floor, while Baekhyun was fast asleep on the chair. The others must’ve been capable enough to find a bed. Ugh, I was tired. I think I’ll just close my eyes for a little longer.. I wiggled myself a bit more backwards. Hmm, this was so comfortable. My eyes shut as two arms held me tightly, this was nice..



 

EEEEEEE!!!!!

I turned around and as I was afraid of, there was Kai!

“Ugh, would you pipe it down. My head hurts.” he just casually complained.

How could he think this was normal?!

“Kya!” I let out a small squeek. Kyungsoo just wrapped his arms around my waist. What was I, some teddybear?!

I was literally trapped in a dream, although this nervous feeling made it more like a nightmare.

Kai’s arms tightened their grip. “Shh.. You need some more sleep. Close your eyes Yoo Na. Just, let it go. Nothing will happen to you, I promise.”

Somehow his soft voice assured me and his warm breath tickeling against my neck calmed me down. I still don’t know if it was the alcohol still lingering in my blood, but I felt deeply relaxed. Before I knew it, I was off to dreamland again.

 

“Hhng.” I moaned as I woke up from my slumber. It was bright. What time was it? I pushed myself up on the couch. I was alone.

Where was Kai? Was the first thing that ran through my mind. I walked around the house but nobody was there. A note was left on the kitchen table.

“We got a call fom our manager. We are doing promotions in China, I think we’ll be gone for a few weeks…

What?

..Could you mind watching the house for me while I’m gone? Ps. I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Cu later x”

 

I just turned around and started making some tea for myself…

The rest of the day I walked around with the strangest look on my face. I didn’t know what I was feeling. Or just the fact that I was feeling something at all. Because I shouldn’t!

But after some time I couldn’t deny it anymore. I was sad. Sad by the fact that that stupid smiling face of his wasn’t coming through that door.

Sad by the fact that I was alone.