Part 1. How we met

The Fashionable Housemaid

 

Dont ask me how I got here because I can’t tell you.

 

Well, maybe I can. But I shouldn’t!

 

Anyway.. It all started two months ago.

I was attending my last couple of classes before graduation. I still had some assignments left before I could actually graduate so when everyone was enjoying their time off and making money I was stuck in the boring hot classroom designing some fancy cocktail dress.

Yes, I’m a fashiondesigner. Or at least, that’s what I’m aiming for.

Honestly I should be lucky if I end up working at a company that has some connection with clothes or fabrics whatsoever.

Yes I’m also a pretty sceptical person, or well, I was.

 

“Because you have slacked off during your normal classes you will now have to work twice as hard to pass.” a threatening voice sounded through the classroom.

 

The teacher was giving us a hard time but we didn’t care more than any of the other times. Although we knew we had to pass this time, we kinda expected they wouldn’t want to see us next year.

 

“Yes Mr. Park.” we replied in choir.

 

“Your assignment is going to be slightly different than normal. To keep it short you will have to design a dress..”

 

ahh just a dress that’s simple.

 

..and you’ll promote it by attending the Louise Vuitton gala next week on Friday.”

 

“WHHAAAATTTT!!!!” we replied in choir again, now “slightly” louder.

 

Ok, no, this was mental. We were excited ofcourse, but the assignment has gotten way more difficult now. We can’t go in anything less than Guess-level dresses!

 

In the end we somehow did finish our “absolutely fabulous” dresses if I may say so and were ready to wear them to the party the next day.

Because we worked so hard, (we didn’t really have a choice really) they did arrange some people to do our hair and make-up before we got picked up in a limosine.

Allright well maybe they were really good to us. I mean, we did get to go to one of the most fabulous gala’s of the year.



 

To be honest, it was horrible. We were expecting to see loads of celebrities but the only people we saw were old snobby la di da’s who seem to love wearing their money around their necks.

 

Luckily one of our classmates found a karaoke room and we decided to have some fun in there. Before we knew it we were getting pre-tty drunk.

In our toxicated state we thought it would be funny to try and “communicate” with the la-di-da’s but at some point, strolling through the hallways, I buggered off down a staircase causing me to lose my classmates. Ofcourse I didn’t care right away because what was down there sounded way more interesting than the snobtalk in the ballroom. It sounded like a nightclub but I wasn’t sure so I decided to get my classmates after I have had a look.

 

I opened a door and loud music hit my ears. My eyes were trying to adjust to the annoying flashing green lights but thank god they were blocked by a person who made his way in front of my face. I smiled politely but I didnt’t have a clue who I was smiling to, the only thing I knew is that his smile was amazing.

As I wanted to move I felt my head buzzing and my sense of balance started fading.

 

Just my luck, I out.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- the next morning

 

My head hurts..

I drank..

I was at a party..

I out..

How did I get home…?

Who’s curtain are these…?

 

I sat up fast a little panicked.

 

WHERE AM I??????

 

I looked around but I couldn’t recognise this room.

Then it hit me. Someone must’ve took me home after I out!

 

OhgodOhgodOhgod.. what should I do? I don’t know where I am. Should I call someone or just go downstairs? What if it’s some weird old man that kidnapped me! I panicked rolling around on the bed with my hands on my eyes. Then suddenly the door swung open and I fell of the bed.

“Kyaa!”

*thump*

“Oh my, are you alright?” a soft male voice asked as I died not knowing if it was from panick or shame.

“Here, let me help you up.”

I looked up and I can tell you it was no erted old man who’s house I was in!

“Th-thank you.” I replied stuttering. I was shocked by my own behaviour. Believe me, I never stutter, for anyone!

I took ahold of his hand, got myself up and straightened my dress which I was still wearing from the night before. I probably looked terrible!

“What happened last night?” I asked him. I kind of remember but why was I here?

“You fainted..”

 

yes I know that much.

 

..we tried to find out where you belonged to but we couldn’t find anyone and I didn’t know what to do so I brought you home with me.”

 

Where were my classmates..? Oh shoot, talking about school,  am I going to pass!?

 

“Thank you, sorry for all the trouble.” I bowed thankfully.

“That’s ok! Don’t bother. I’m Kim Jongin by the way.” he said and held out his hand.

He obviously didn’t have to do that since everyone below the age of 50 knows his name but I guess he’s being polite. I awkwardly grabbed his hand and shook it lightly.

“I’m Yoo Na, Nam Yoo Na.”

“Are you a designer perhaps?” he was looking at my dress.

I was absolutely screaming inside of my head. He actually asked me that!!

“Uhh..well..kind of. I’m graduating in a couple of weeks.”

“I see.” he smiled.

I looked at the time and was kind of shocked because it was past 9am and we had to be in school by 10.30 for the feedback of the night before and I haven’t even spoken to my classmates yet.

“I have to go to school!”

“What? Right now?”

“Yes, I have to be there by 10.30 but I still have to shower, change and clean up this dress.” I buried my hands in my hair panicking because I really didn’t know how I was going to fix this. Let alone the fact that I didn’t go home with my classmates!

The idol grabbed my arms to calm me down.

To be honest it just stunned me.

“My cousin comes here often, you can borrow her clothes and get a shower here while I steam your dress.”

 

Was this for real?! Why would he do that? He doesn’t even know me.

Are there really nice guys like this out there?

I didn’t really have time to think so I rudely agreed to his idea and hurried myself.

When I was done he held out my dress all nice and clean. I was amazed, it looked brand new.

 

“It’s a new steam device I bought. Amazing isn’t it!?” he looked geniunely happy he could help me with this.

“Yeah!” I smiled. This guy was an absolute sweety I’ll tell you.

 

Eventually he even drove me to school. I gave my number to him since I was borrowing his cousins clothes, thanked him and rushed inside the school.

It was 10am right now so I was still on time.

“There you are!” someone screamed at me.

I turned around and it was Ga In who looked really worried.

“Ga In! I’m so sorry! I don’t really know what happened myself but apparently I out and they couldn’t find you guys so I was taken home by someone.”

“What? Are you ok?”

“Yeah Im fine, how is the rest?”

“Hung over but ok. We are still waiting for Hwan Suk-ah, I think he’ll be here any minute now. But who was that person that took you home?? It wasn’t a freak was it?”

I laughed a bit awkwardly. What was I going to say? I can’t tell her it was Kim Jongin or she will freak out right here.

“Noo, it was one of the staff managers. Really nice people they are.”

“Aahh..” she said. She was doubting the story but didn’t ask me any further questions.

We rehersed our little play before we went into the classroom and acted like we have been suffisticated people all night. It all went well until the teachers asked us who we had met.

Since we went to the karaoke we didn’t really socialize with anyone other than ourselves and the teachers were starting to get a little aggitated since we were supposed to promote our dress so I had to lay down my trumph card.

“We spoke to Kai and he immediately thought we were designers.” I just blurted out.

All the heads were turned towards me.

“Didn’t he guys?” I hinted. They didn’t want to lie but they agreed out of desperation.

Anyway we managed to pull through just barely and graduated for our last class.

“What was all that about Kai just now? Why did you say that?” Ga In asked me.

“I had to do something didn’t I. And I wasnt completely lying. He actually asked me that. I just added you guys in there aswell.” I joked.

“Are you kidding me?”

“No, I met him when I lost you guys. I wanted to tell you but I out before I could.”

“Why Yoo Na! Why did you have to faint!?” she yelled as she shook me.

“Y-Yah! I didn’t want to faint either you know!”

We looked at each other and just started laughing like a couple of 12 year olds.


I’m going to miss this class.