Part 3. How it developed.

The Fashionable Housemaid

Hi guys, I'm sorry it took so long before I uploaded a new chapter. The reason is simply the lack of time. (I hope you still remember this story lol) Anyway, another chapter, here you go. I hope you like it X
ps. 3 chaps are probably gonna be 4 or 5 :)

 

 

 

3 week have passed.

3 weeks of complete boredom filled with a little cleaning here and there. Since Kai wasn’t home I practically had nothing to do. Not that I had to do a lot when he was here, but when he wasn’t here it was even less.
Sigh..
I tried lifting my head of the coffee table when the woman on the TV was talking about something related to EXO. I was curious. Wait, why was I curious? I shouldn’t give a crap about stupid rumours and updates on their activities. I never did before. But Kai was my boss. Yes, it was work-related interest I told myself and continued to listen to the woman without a face. Seriously, her features were nothing special. She was perfect yes, no flaws. But that didn’t make her interesting at all I thought. Would men fall for women like that? What kind of women would Kai be attracted to? Not women like her right?
…..
“Work-related interest!” I shouted through the empty room and bounced my head on the wooden table a few times before whining with pain.
“With the leave of Kris and Luhan it is now Tao who claimed to have left the popular boyband to much shock of the fans national ánd international. These are a few reactions and posts we collected from several internet sources.”
Tao left the group?
What?
When?
How?

Why?!

I stared at the TV being in just as much of a shock as the loyal fans they showed on the screen. Well, I wasn’t crying, but still. Wait.
Was this the reason Kai was down lately? It could be.. He must feel like .
First Kris and Luhan, now Tao. It must hurt. I don’t know how close they were but they spent a great deal of time together so it must have somewhat of an inpact on him right? On them I mean.
Should I ask him how he is feeling?
Nononono Yoo Na, it’s none of your businesss!!
Plus, you haven’t heard anything from him since he left.

I placed my head on the coffeetable again and closed my eyes. Why is this guy on my mind anyway?
My phone buzzed. I lazily manoevered the device out of my way too tight jeans and slowly opened my eyes to see what the notification was.

From Boss:
“Hey, how are you doing?”

I lifted my eyebrows. What?
Like, out of he blue he starts texting me? He ignores me for 3 whole weeks and suddenly I get an ‘how are you doing?’ how dare he.
Feeling irritated I started punching the letters on my screen but stopped halfway as I remembered the news I heard just a few minutes ago. I looked back at his text and suddenly the words he sent me turned from ignorant to sad. He sounded sad.
I held down the backspace button to erase the hurtful words and gazed back at the screen.

From Boss:
“Hey, how are you doing?”

I wanted to call him. Ask him how he’s feeling. Where was he?
Screw it. He texted me first, not to mention that it was nothing work-related so that means I can get a free pass as well.

To Boss:
“Hey.. I’m okay. How have you been these past few weeks?”

From Boss:
“Alright I guess. A bit hectic and all. Don’t know if you heard the news? Btw, I’m sorry I didn’t text you anytime sooner :(”

Ahww.. Why is he so sweet?

To Boss:
“Yes, I heard.. Are you really okay? It’s okay. Please, don’t worry about me.”

Shoot, that sounded needy. I panicked a bit but decided to wait for his response. That way I could tell if it was too much or not.
Except, 15 minutes later, I still haven’t received a reply. This is where I really started to panick.
Okay, calm down Yoo Na. He could have gotten back to work, or maybe he fell asleep. Yes, nothing to worry about.. Or you could’ve scared him off with you sasaeng reply.
“Aarghhh!!!” I screamed and again the poor table ‘and my head’ fell victim to my frustrations.




 

I was baking cookies in the kitchen. Which is not really weird, except for the fact that it was 4am.
I couldn’t sleep. My head was running overtime with the thought of the stupid text.
What if he thinks I’m a creap?
What if he fires me?
What if it gets out and I will be labled as the crazy housemaid and never get a job as a succesfull designer?!

*Slam*

That was the door. What the hell?!
I grabbed a pan. Yes, very cliché I know, but this one was heavy enough to knock out a sumo wrestler so better safe than sorry.
I walked steady and soundless towards the hallway and I could feel my confidence fall by the second.
Oh my god, my life is really over now.
Let’s just hope the burglar will kill me so I won’t have to face my embarassing problems and-
My thoughts stopped immediately as something grabbed my shoulders.
“WHAA!! Please don’t kill me! I have a wife and kids to provide and-”
I stopped when I heard the sound of laughter and opened my eyes. The person in front of me was laughing really hard, eyes squeezed shut and a hand on the stomach to prevent from bending forward.

 

“Jo-Jongin?”
“Hahaha, really?! Wife and kids?! You never told me about them.”  he laughed trying to compose himself again with great effort.

My shoulders slumped and I let out a sigh. God, I really thought I was going to die. Wait.

“YAH!” I smacked him on the shoulder and he ducked away.
“You could’ve told me you were coming home!”
“I’m sorry I scared you.” he smiled.
“I wasn’t scared!” I lied through my teeth. No way I’m going to give in to that.
It fell silent for a while.
“Why are you awake?” he suddenly asked and I was scanning my personal google-system for a legitimate excuse but with no succes.
“I couldn’t sleep.”
He looked at me with a warm gaze like he knew I wasn’t telling him everything but he respected me enough to not ask any further questions. His gaze adverted when he sniffed the air for a certain scent. His eyes widened and I could swear I saw a twinkle in those doofy eyes.
“Are you..” he whispered at first.
“Are you baking cookies?”

I chuckeled seeing that puppy-face. He really loves those cookies.

“They are cooling off right now. You wan-Kya!” I screamed as he suddenly pulled me in for a tight hug.
“Y-yah, w-what-”
“Thank you.” he cut me off and my big mouth fell silent for once as he buried his face in my shoulder.
I couldn’t make a sound as my body was way too tensed up. What was I saying, I was lucky to keep breathing!
I figured that he must’ve had a really though time lately as he just kept quiet this whole time. I felt sorry for him. But what was I able to do? I sighed deeply as I was about to do something that went against everything my stubborn mind believed in.
My hands moved upwards and slowly.. very slowly.. I wrapped them tightly around his waist.